Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Championship 2018-2019

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

The usual FT harshness on here I see..

Personally I think Tuanzebe and Mings were extremely good at the back today. Solid

And McGinn looked superb.

Best team won

Direby remain very much in our shadow

Agreed. Happy to see other Midland clubs in the Premiership. 

McGinn and Grealish were head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch. 

Mings is decent also. 

2 - 1 flattered Derby. 

Smith's father, Ron, worked as a steward at Villa Park but now lives in a care home and his dementia means that he does not know his son is now Villa's manager.

Smith said: "I went to see him on Friday and he opened his eyes for a couple of minutes and I told him that the next time I saw him I would be a Premier League manager. He smiled.

"It's a terrible illness."

:(, but also pleased for both of them that Smith fulfilled his promise.

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Smith's father, Ron, worked as a steward at Villa Park but now lives in a care home and his dementia means that he does not know his son is now Villa's manager.

Smith said: "I went to see him on Friday and he opened his eyes for a couple of minutes and I told him that the next time I saw him I would be a Premier League manager. He smiled.

"It's a terrible illness."

:(, but also pleased for both of them that Smith fulfilled his promise.

Smith and Wilder are both worth keeping an eye on as fine up and coming managers. Done excellent jobs. 

Not sure this has been posted, but remarkable that two promoted teams from the Championship, Sheffield United and Aston Villa are both managed and captained by boyhood fans. What are the chances of that happening? ?

Edited by Nickfosse
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

what price does anyone think villa are to finish above us next year? realistic pls. cheers. 

I'd bet they dont get anywhere close to top half next season. They looked great in the play offs against a shit Derby and looked average all season, shit at the start but got better towards the end.

I didnt want them to go up, but now they have i hope we smash them and take 6 points.

I hate Villa and really hope they go right back down next season :S 

• Like 1

some of the derby fans were really rustled by them banners and still are by some of the comments on social media

on the game as a whole, Villa for me had more quality and they went on a hell of a winning run too to get into the play offs, 

on derby, id be very surprised if they are anywhere near the play offs next season with the fact 3 of the starting line up yesterday and probably the best 3 were all loans.

15 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I love seeing it personally.

He was genuinely ecstatic

Good on him!

yeah fair play to him. Good to see him being "normal". You could see he was looking a bit worried in the last few minutes - we've all been there. 

Why shouldn't he enjoy the "beautiful game" like the rest of us. Sooner see him cheering his team on at Wembley than quaffing champagne at the polo!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

what price does anyone think villa are to finish above us next year? realistic pls. cheers. 

I think Villa will finish between 12th and 14th, I can't see them either finishing higher and lower than that, out of the three teams promoted I think Villa look the strongest and more prepared. Norwich and Sheffield United I feel will struggle, Sheffield United have got too many championship based players and if there to rely on Billy Sharp up front to get the goals in the top flight then it's going to be difficult. Norwich I'm not sure how there going to approach the premier league, I don't think they'll splash out too much.

Imagine Derby had came up with that squad, they would have been have had the same outcome as 2007-08 season. That squad was no where near ready for the top flight. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

17 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Far too early to tell mate

Need to see the squads come the start of the season first 

Wolves have shown it’s not impossible

Wolves were always going to be a quality outfit in this league though. I'd be surprised to see Villa anywhere near the top 10 next season.

I'd love Wilder and Smith to have decent first seasons in the Prem though. Both have done very well at the lower levels and have earned a crack at the top level.

Problem Villa have is that they'll have to spend a fortune just to have the same side they finished the season with, let alone sign improvements. Derby would have had the same problem if they came up, using the loan system is great but it as its problems. Wolves were different because they had agreements with loan players.

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/06/2019 at 20:19, Wymeswold fox said:

David Nugent has been released by Derby.

Wouldn't be a bad move for him if he returns to Portsmouth, as he would be quite a handful for many defences in League One I'd imagine.

I'm not sure that'd be a good move.. 

I'm sure I heard he was demanding unpaid wages when they were in financial trouble.

45 minutes ago, Tuna said:

He doesn't seem to stick around long anywhere.

Think this one is down to the board at Birmingham, plus they've just sold their best player, rumoured to be selling their top goal scorer and received a points deduction last season. Left it too late else I'd have suggested he may have gone back to Swansea, but seems they're about to appoint someone.