Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

James Maddison Confirmed

3 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

There’s an ITK on here, Adamsomeone?, who called this, so I put money on it. Thank you to you sir! 

Shame me about the other money I put on BlackJack at the same time. One never learns! :shutup:

lol

Just now, AKCJ said:

We're low-key having a ****ing unreal summer btw.

Agreed! Fixing the problems the fans see week-in, week-out one problem at a time.

CB's that can play the ball out? Check. Got two of them now!
RB that can can contribute offensively and defensively. Check.

AMC / 10 type that can help break teams down. Check.

We have now got a solution to all our existing problems. Now we just need to deal with the Mahrez situation (which don't get me wrong is going to massively define our next season) and then ship out players we don't need. But looking at how Puel trimmed the squad through loans in January, I think he is on this already.

Mahrez is the big one now. Him leaving is inevitable, but it's how we replace him that counts. Perhaps we can already do it through this signing, but his attacking contribution is literally better than Eden Hazard's in terms of raw stats! That's how hard he will be to replace. 

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Agreed! Fixing the problems the fans see week-in, week-out one problem at a time.

CB's that can play the ball out? Check. Got two of them now!
RB that can can contribute offensively and defensively. Check.

AMC / 10 type that can help break teams down. Check.

We have now got a solution to all our existing problems. Now we just need to deal with the Mahrez situation (which don't get me wrong is going to massively define our next season) and then ship out players we don't need. But looking at how Puel trimmed the squad through loans in January, I think he is on this already.

Mahrez is the big one now. Him leaving is inevitable, but it's how we replace him that counts. Perhaps we can already do it through this signing, but his attacking contribution is literally better than Eden Hazard's in terms of raw stats! That's how hard he will be to replace. 

Would like to think that part of our strategy was to show that we are going to be in a good place moving forwards, to then be able to bring a big signing in. We shall see I guess...! 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, FIF said:

Our new creator.

Now sign Ziyach for the wing spot, get a younger GK whose tall and comes out for crosses to challenge Kasper,  get all the whingers off the books and bring in some backups with the money and we're set for top 7. Am I mad?

Madness isn't compulsory but it certainly helps

10 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

We're low-key having a ****ing unreal summer btw.

We've signed 3 players before we're even a third of the way through June, all quality signings in places that need strengthening and all at seemingly bargain prices. How many other teams have been thus active so far? I mean, Burnley have the Europa League starting in a month and they've done nothing so far!

11 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Would like to think that part of our strategy was to show that we are going to be in a good place moving forwards, to then be able to bring a big signing in. We shall see I guess...! 

Definitely possible! Also possible that the Mahrez deal has been done and we are getting signings done before other teams find out we are flush with cash and double their prices.

I also think that our owners know it's important not to get messed around. They'd still rather keep Mahrez than sell him as the Kante loss proved that losing your best players is not how you progress. Southampton kept selling their best players and barely survived. 

13 minutes ago, surrifox said:

a bit inauspicious getting photographed on the treatment table 

maddison medical - Copy.JPG

He's being examined to see why he's got a plastic bottle for a penis.

• Haha 2