Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Mahrez replacements

On 12/07/2018 at 19:41, SydenhamFox said:

Close thread. Mahrez cannot be replaced. 

Look forward to a new way of playing. Maddison possibly the creative heart of it. 

I agree. Trying to "replace" Mahrez with a single marquee signing could end up being an expensive disaster that disrupts the squad. 

Much better to reinvest the money to strengthen the squad across the board IMO. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, leicesterseddon said:

I agree. Trying to "replace" Mahrez with a single marquee signing could end up being an expensive disaster that disrupts the squad. 

Much better to reinvest the money to strengthen the squad across the board IMO. 

Yep, and now maybe another player for the left wing, a left-back, centre-back and central midfielder and we should be fine - of course, I expect a few of the old guard leaving in the remaining three weeks.

Wonder if we will sign both Alireza and Roberts? Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t some ITK’s confirm we’re very interested in Roberts.. If we sign both our attacking options will be:

RW: Roberts, Diabate 

CAM/ST: Maddison, Okazaki, Barnes

LW: Alireza, Albrighton, Gray

CF: Vardy, Iheanacho 

That is a lot of competition, Barnes would probably need to go out on loan for game time. 

52 minutes ago, Shane said:

Wonder if we will sign both Alireza and Roberts? Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t some ITK’s confirm we’re very interested in Roberts.. If we sign both our attacking options will be:

That is a lot of competition, Barnes would probably need to go out on loan for game time. 

They did. Seems weird though that its not been pushed through already though, especially when you would want to get him in for pre-season. Maybe an option of many?

1 hour ago, Shane said:

For the time being, we also have Ulloa, Slimani and Musa too 

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

Lanzini.  Flex our muscle and put West Ham back in their place.  X

West Ham have flexed their muscles because he’s out injured for the season....

Just now, RumbleFox said:

Yeah I realised that 1.7 seconds after I posted and now feel quite silly but thanks for rubbing it in.  X

You are very welcome. Nothing quite like ruining someone’s Sunday ;) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ziyech would be the best replacement imo. However I’m sure I read a few weeks ago, that Ziyech will only leave Ajax for a team that can offer Champions League football. Which could explain why there has been no link with us.

Alireza will be the guy we end up with. Personally I don’t think we should right him off until we see what the guys really about. 

On 13/07/2018 at 10:03, Ric Flair said:

Hellelujah, 100% agree. We always needed more creativity in the team than just Mahrez, you can't rely on one maverick player to make the difference. Especially when your central midfielders possess the limited skill set that ours do and up until the summer our full backs are the pits going forward. The only way I could see us coping without a Mahrez type player is if we go 3-4-1-2 but we still would need another shit hot central midfielder who's dynamic and comfortable covering a number of roles and areas of the pitch. This would still leave me a little nervous but if we are sticking with 4-2-3-1 then we are crying out for a wide forward and another central midfielder if Silva can't be trusted.

I’ve said it in another topic, but Barcelona are looking to get rid of Andre Gomes. He’s been left out of the squad for there pre season tour. A few big clubs have been linked but imo we should show our intent & make the first move. He’s available for about £20-£25m.

• Like 1

On 15/07/2018 at 10:56, RumbleFox said:

Lanzini.  Flex our muscle and put West Ham back in their place.  X

hahaha that is the actual type of player we needed in the number 10 position.. lets hope Maddison is the one!

• Like 1

I'm sure we'll see some significant movement soon. Really can't see us going into the season with a positive net spend after losing one of our best players- the owners aren't daft, that's how Southampton got themselves into a mess last season.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

I'm sure we'll see some significant movement soon. Really can't see us going into the season with a positive net spend after losing one of our best players- the owners aren't daft, that's how Southampton got themselves into a mess last season.

everything you said is what we all think.. but remember we once replaced Kante with Mendy :ph34r:

• Haha 1

At this rate im really worried we are relying on Maddison to replace Mahrez's creativity and goals. I really rate Maddison but its a lot of pressure to put on a young lad who has never played in the premier league. We HAVE to buy a read made replacement for Mahrez and stop looking for cheap bargains. Malcolm is a prime example, just pay the 30 Million for him. He looks a quality player.