Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Harvey Barnes - West Brom (loan)

Hit the post but struggling to get in the game where most of the play is down the wings and the centre is very congested. 1 nil to England 

2 minutes ago, crisp packet said:

He’s been in the division all of three months, how can he be the best player on it?

Looks like Jay Taylor doesn't understand the definition of "so far this season."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, crisp packet said:

He has scored eight goals and produced five assists in what is a, with respect, bang average Championship team in Blackburn Rovers, and has been the standout performer for me.

:ermm:

On 15/10/2018 at 15:34, Foxxed said:

I wonder if we'd threaten it to get more money out of them. It'd be a dick move. But such are business deals sometimes.

It's been said before but if we really did use him I wouldn't mind him being recalled: recall Benkovic to give Maguire a new partner, buy Clyne to shore up right back and recall Barnes for a better attacking threat. 

If he reaches a plateau of improvement at West Brom by January then sure recall him for a Prem loan or if we think we will use him ourselves over our already fairly decent attacking players.

It’s absolutely not worth risking our reputation or the clubs relationship with the player to squeeze another million out of West Brom. 

Edited by Leeds Fox
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Webbo said:

Bradley Dack's a weird player, the end product is there but he's not an amazingly talented footballer, he's quite awkward but is in the right place at the right time. Barnes will have a much better career. Barnes might be the most eye catching player in the championship but I'm not sure he's the best

• Like 1

As brilliant as Barnes has been, it's Dwight Gayle - no question for me. Just a shame he seems to fall between that corridor of being far too good for the Championship but just not quite effective enough in the top flight. 

EDIT - Just had a look at Gayle's top flight goalscoring stats and perhaps I'm doing a bit of a disservice. Bar one season where he flitted in and out of Palace's team he hasn't done that badly considering he's not always playing as an out-and-out striker. Never hit double figures though.

Edited by Langston

13 hours ago, Webbo said:

It was the bit before???

But for his individual performances, I just can’t look past Bradley Dack.

He has scored eight goals and produced five assists in what is a, with respect, bang average Championship team in Blackburn Rovers, and has been the standout performer for me.

11 hours ago, Langston said:

As brilliant as Barnes has been, it's Dwight Gayle - no question for me. Just a shame he seems to fall between that corridor of being far too good for the Championship but just not quite effective enough in the top flight. 

EDIT - Just had a look at Gayle's top flight goalscoring stats and perhaps I'm doing a bit of a disservice. Bar one season where he flitted in and out of Palace's team he hasn't done that badly considering he's not always playing as an out-and-out striker. Never hit double figures though.

I've had a look at his prem stats since 2013 and he's got 21 goals in 52.3 90s, not bad at all. Obviously there must be a reason he didn't stake a claim for a starting berth at Palace or Newcastle over 4 years though

They lost one nil over the weekend. But I wonder if, in time, we could use him with three up front.

Barnes Madds Nacho

Chillwell                     Richardo

Mendy Ndidi

Maguire Benk Soyuncu

Kasper

Soyuncu is right footed but plays on the he left iirc.

• Like 1

Just now, Babylon said:

From an interview with him on Sky.

However, with Chilwell, Harry Maguire, Demarai Gray and James Maddison leading the way for youth at the King Power Stadium, Leicester could be an exciting place to be in seasons to come.

"If you look at the side now, there are lot of young players involved," Barnes says. "It is a great club to be at as a young player. If you're doing well, you're going to get your chance."

Puel's plan could seriously pay dividends if he can get it together a tad more on the pitch. This stuff doesn't go unnoticed by players, if there is a hot talent available lower down the pyramid and they see us promoting and trusting youth, with them getting rewarded. We could become one of the most attractive propositions around for players to choose.

Add in the new training complex …………. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Babylon said:

However, with Chilwell, Harry Maguire, Demarai Gray and James Maddison leading the way for youth at the King Power Stadium, Leicester could be an exciting place to be in seasons to come.

"If you look at the side now, there are lot of young players involved," Barnes says. "It is a great club to be at as a young player. If you're doing well, you're going to get your chance."

Puel's plan could seriously pay dividends if he can get it together a tad more on the pitch. This stuff doesn't go unnoticed by players, if there is a hot talent available lower down the pyramid and they see us promoting and trusting youth, with them getting rewarded. We could become one of the most attractive propositions around for players to choose.

I've got a semi...... 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Time to bring in Fat Sam then, 30 year old signings only.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

The youth development at our club has absolutely transformed over the last couple of seasons. We've gone from an aging squad to:

• 3 England call ups this season for our young players
  • An established England international in his mid-20s, who was arguably England's player of the tournament at the WC.
  • Several young but experienced internationals who have earned a regular spot in the XI (Iheanacho, Ndidi, Amartey)
  • Another young full international who's still settling in
  • A pair of youngsters who are making an impression out on loan (Benkovic, Barnes)
  • Several young, promising players at GK

As you say, on the pitch performances need to improve (can we be good for a full ninety minutes next time please, Mr. Puel?), but we must look a seriously inviting project to any young talent looking to make a break in the PL.

Playing tonight against Derby. 

West Brom are playing poorly trying to play a passing game against Derby’s high press. But Barnes is their only positive player going forward and has created a few chances for himself out of nothing with some good dribbles into the box. Been unlucky not to score.