Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Harvey Barnes - West Brom (loan)

5 hours ago, AjcW said:

Stay on loan: YES

Stay at WBA: Hmmmm is it not worth seeing him in the Premier League for six months? To see if he could start next season? He’d be great for a Huddersfield or Newcastle to help keep them up? Would be a great experience too and I don’t think being involved in potentially getting relegated would affect him too much as he will just be happy getting Premier League minutes 

Above all else, cutting short a player's loan just to send him on loan again to another team is what my fellow Irishmen would refer to as 'bad craic'.

FIF - thanks for posting the video of the goal Barnes scored v S. Wednesday which I had not seen. I had seem him play V P'boro last January & it was far from evident he could have the pace and power he demonstrated with that goal.

He should definitely stay at WBA; he seems to have improved so much;  I guess playing and training with Gareth Barry will have helped him . My view is a full season of playing regular football will be far better for him (and us) than sitting on the bench - we are not short of midfield players. Furthermore, if he rejoins us in the close season it will be easier for him to integrate with several weeks training with the first team squad rather than being 'thrown straight into the mix'.

If I am Barnes, I would be rather upset to have to come back to Leicester mid season to occasionally warm the bench or otherwise sit at home. Silva, Hamza and Diabetes are not even on the bench! He is much better playing regularly with a team that obviously fits him for the remainder of the season.

22 hours ago, Nalis said:

Above all else, cutting short a player's loan just to send him on loan again to another team is what my fellow Irishmen would refer to as 'bad craic'.

Agree with you. Crazy idea. Much better to stay with a team that is working well for you and has good chemistry.

Just now, Anorak said:

Showed real intelligence and technique for his goal again today.

Yep should be re-called in Jan and played on the opposite wing to Maddison. I'm wondering if we could play Wes at 10?

43 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

Let’s be honest. Barnes would be a better option than Kelehci. 

Move Maddison back into the centre and put Barnes out wide with Albrighotn on the other flank. Wes dropped too. Sorted. 

Barnes has been playing as a 10 behind 2 strikers for WBA hasn't he? Why would we recall him to stick him out wide?

4 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Yep should be re-called in Jan and played on the opposite wing to Maddison. I'm wondering if we could play Wes at 10?

Whenever I’ve seen him he’s been central or to the left. If we end up with two number 10s on the wing whilst Iheanacho stays number 10 looking like he doesn’t know where he is himself :blink:

23 hours ago, Nalis said:

Tend to agree - it's not even as if he would provide something that the current group of players cannot provide . 

We would be pretty teed off if it was done to a player we had on loan . Think we should behave decently on this 

• Like 1

People may not agree with this but I don’t care it’s my opinion. 

Long term I see Harvey as a better Number 10 than Maddison.

Maddison was never a true number 10 for Norwich, for me he isn’t instinctive enough around the box. Harvey drives at defenders and is always looking to put it in the back of the net.  I feel Maddison is better in a deeper role. 

I would love to test something like this in the future:

Ndidi

Maddison

Pereira

Barnes

Gray

Vardy

Edited by GingerrrFox
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

People may not agree with this but I don’t care it’s my opinion. 

Long term I see Harvey as a better Number 10 than Maddison.

Maddison was never a true number 10 for Norwich, for me he isn’t instinctive enough around the box. Harvey drives at defenders and is always looking to put it in the back of the net.  I feel Maddison is better in a deeper role. 

I would love to test something like this in the future:

Ndidi

Maddison

Pereira

Barnes

Gray

Vardy

If we sort the defence out behind that, I’d go from 6 to Midnight every single week.

I can see the logic in that Ginger. Barnes does seem to have a real instinct to get or create a goal every time he gets it. Maddison's got the ability to hold onto the ball and control the game, I think he could play deeper if we needed him to.

In our current team he could actually work. With Barnes cutting in from the left, Chilwell overlapping and Madison at 10. Nacho isn't a good 10. However Demarai Gray will come back and take that position on the left cutting infield when he is fit and firing. If Gray is out for a long time then it may be worth recalling, if not then leave him at West Brom.

On 06/10/2018 at 17:47, Master Fox said:

Let’s be honest. Barnes would be a better option than Kelehci. 

Move Maddison back into the centre and put Barnes out wide with Albrighotn on the other flank. Wes dropped too. Sorted. 

....probably might not be too long as Maddison will more than likely be off next season.