Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lee Monty

Gray ??

Think he is another player that would suit fast, counter attacking style. Seems to need space to run into to be at his best and this slow build up play just doesn't suit that. 

Luckily for him, Puel likes to work with younger players and also competition in wide areas hasn't been great, otherwise I think he would have had very few minutes this season.

I think a move in the Summer is best option for him, unless we get a new manager in with a different style and he finally is able to make a consistent impact on games!

26 minutes ago, Russell sprout said:

When we played Man City in the cup last month it was his best performance,

he got forward and ran the field,

thats what he can offer,

but he’s consistently inconsistent 

Again though. Its promise and could've beens and potential threat. He needs to deliver more.

Just now, Jimmy said:

involved in the build up to the goal last week scoring this week, maybe it's time people got off his back and just let him play

No. This isn't a problem with 'the people'. 

This is nearly three years of underachievement. Maybe he should be doing this week in week out. 

3 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

involved in the build up to the goal last week scoring this week, maybe it's time people got off his back and just let him play

I'm not a fan of Gray, I don't think he's good enough and think we could do a lot better but I'm not on his back, I've been hoping he'll just click. I just think he doesn't offer enough and his stats show that.

2 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I'm not a fan of Gray, I don't think he's good enough and think we could do a lot better but I'm not on his back, I've been hoping he'll just click. I just think he doesn't offer enough and his stats show that.

sadly this is true.even tho i liked him yesterday.

He tries,but he cant shot and surely he cant dribble.he is not with ball a lot,but when he is,he slows game 

2 minutes ago, tsintskaro said:

sadly this is true.even tho i liked him yesterday.

He tries,but he cant shot and surely he cant dribble.he is not with ball a lot,but when he is,he slows game 

I know your comment is mitigated slightly by saying you liked him yesterday...

But his goal yesterday involved great dribbling and good shooting lol

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Said this elsewhere, but he and Albrighton have contributed to the same number of goals this season and Gray has had less minutes

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Said this elsewhere, but he and Albrighton have contributed to the same number of goals this season and Gray has had less minutes

don't bother the sainted Marc Albrighton can do no wrong

• Like 1

He played well yesterday...He scored a top goal...Let's see if he can roll it over for the rest of the season......!!!

I refuse to ,push him out,it's too early for a player of his age,who has shown possibilities and potential...

The question of "when then".   Just not now!!!  We don't have to decide one way or the other...too many believe,also on

other young players,there must be a descision...!!!  

Why it he's happy ,he getting quality game time,not always 1st choicer,occasionally not on the Bench,but more than a top  fringe player.

We get somebody better then ok,but it won't be that easy as some posters,will have and presume....He is already a decent player with higher potential!!

On 18/01/2019 at 13:22, foxile5 said:

In a hundred and twenty plus appearances he has 6 goals and 6 assists. 

It just isn't good enough. We've had two years of discussing potential and Flair. He just isn't good enough. 

More than half of those have been as a sub tbf. 

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

More than half of those have been as a sub tbf. 

Whilst i understand that it doesn't negate the argument. He hasn't done enough and anyone suggesting he has is talking from desire rather than reality. 

People see the number seven on his back and a few step overs and will look past a lot, repeating the word 'Flair' as though that has any impact. 

I'd love him to succeed, he's our player, but he isn't right now. 

17 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

i know

he did great

but he does great very,very few times

last good shoot before yesterday was when he scored against MU

Edited by tsintskaro

11 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

His goal yesterday was a bit strange, their defenders looked ever so reluctant to put a tackle in, whatever though is was a good goal but i still saw him too many times make a forward pass and then walk on. I don't see enough runs off the ball, I don't see enough desire. Gray imo not only needs to receive the ball and create opportunities, he needs to make more runs without the ball and create more space, Nacho I think is guilty of the same. He's a Leicester player though so I want him to do well but I'd rather see Barnes Maddison Albrighton on the team sheet right now

4 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

His goal yesterday was a bit strange, their defenders looked ever so reluctant to put a tackle in, whatever though is was a good goal but i still saw him too many times make a forward pass and then walk on. I don't see enough runs off the ball, I don't see enough desire. Gray imo not only needs to receive the ball and create opportunities, he needs to make more runs without the ball and create more space, Nacho I think is guilty of the same. He's a Leicester player though so I want him to do well but I'd rather see Barnes Maddison Albrighton on the team sheet right now

He definitely needs to improve with running into space without the ball. Thats the area of game that lets him down the most i think

I would have to see the goal again but I thought the defenders were not sure when he was going to pull the trigger and Gray's timing was perfect.

Feel like some on here would laugh at me for saying this but Gray does make defenders nervous because he has very quick feet and can go round them

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

He definitely needs to improve with running into space without the ball. Thats the area of game that lets him down the most i think

I would have to see the goal again but I thought the defenders were not sure when he was going to pull the trigger and Gray's timing was perfect.

Feel like some on here would laugh at me for saying this but Gray does make defenders nervous because he has very quick feet and can go round them

I think he also needs to work at picking his head up as well, I advocated a loan spell with a championship club for a season, I think it'd do him the world of good although he may snub his nose up at it.

2 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I think he also needs to work at picking his head up as well, I advocated a loan spell with a championship club for a season, I think it'd do him the world of good although he may snub his nose up at it.

This i cant agree with in the slightest :)

Gray actually contributes to our team. The squad is worse off without him. No way is he a player we should be loaning out