Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lee Monty

Gray ??

7 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

He’s not as good as we thought he’d be.

Championship level only.

Yes.  

But he could be better.  Once again we have seen a player fail to develop his own game.  Is there no plan for personal imorovement?  We pay 10s of 1000s a week in wages ..so surely we could have sone personal coaching.

Grey receives the ball with his head down. .. he us always too slow to decide what to do... run shoot pass cross...

He needs to mix ot up and decide what to do as the ball is coming to him.

He needs to review vids of his touches to freeze it ...and look at his best options and then contrast what he did.  This way he will realise his own biases. 

Oh but this takes time and effort from grey and from coaches 

Edited by foxinsocks

There was a couple of times yesterday when Chilwell had the ball and was attacking, instead of legging it down the wing to pull the defender out, he stayed behind Chilwell making it more difficult to cut in and also not giving the option of a pass. Maybe he’s being told to protect the leftback position, but I doubt it as Cardiff are probably the least counter attacking team in the world or maybe gray just doesn’t read the game very well when it comes to off the ball movement. He could be as good as willian but there again could end up as just William 

Gray frustrates me as much as anyone has for years. I've watched him many times now closely both for us and England, he's talented without doubt and absolutely good enough for the premier league, however, I'm not sure he has the right attitude and football brain. He makes alot of poor decisions and just doesn't get enough goals and assists 

5 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

There was a couple of times yesterday when Chilwell had the ball and was attacking, instead of legging it down the wing to pull the defender out, he stayed behind Chilwell making it more difficult to cut in and also not giving the option of a pass. Maybe he’s being told to protect the leftback position, but I doubt it as Cardiff are probably the least counter attacking team in the world or maybe gray just doesn’t read the game very well when it comes to off the ball movement. He could be as good as willian but there again could end up as just William 

With DG it's probably both.I certainly believe Claude Puel has these guys so scared of vacating their positions that their games are compromised.

12 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Willian is awful too lol

46 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Because he didn't make any runs to offer a ball for Chilwell, compare and contrast with Ricardo and Albrighton offering for each other. He wasn't great yesterday, never really in the game

I do agree with the lack of runs. He always wants it to feet and didnt give Chilwell the option he needed by running in behind a few times. Dont know if this is the manager's choice or what. Been happening for ages. Would like to see Gray run in behind more

But Gray at least took players on occasionally

10 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Gray frustrates me as much as anyone has for years. I've watched him many times now closely both for us and England, he's talented without doubt and absolutely good enough for the premier league, however, I'm not sure he has the right attitude and football brain. He makes alot of poor decisions and just doesn't get enough goals and assists 

Is that not a contradiction of what you are trying to say though?

Not good enough.The team is always weaker when he plays.Shows flashes but nothing consistent considering the amount of game time.Gazelle will offer more.Allbrighton though is no 1 choice  for Left wing he is better on the Left than the right and offers cover for Chillwells runs.Gray is a sub at best.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ceirboy said:

Is that not a contradiction of what you are trying to say though?

What I'm trying to say is I think he has the ability and talent to play in the premier league but not sure he has the right attitude and football brain to progress. He could live to regret that if he doesn't change those aspects. Look at Albrighton, doesn't have the same skill levels and pace of Gray but makes much better decisions and works tirelessly 

28 minutes ago, MattP said:

Just doesn't seem to have any improvement in him, 100 odd games now and offers little. Sad thing is we are so poor on the wings he's probably a starter. 

Sadly have to agree

Watched him for Brum in the 2015 ?  pre season friendly. 

Looked exciting , pacey , tricky scored a brilliant 20 yd goal.

Hasn't improved or took his opportunities,  compared to Maddison , Chillwell for example. 

Credit to Puel for persevering 

2 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

Not good enough.The team is always weaker when he plays.Shows flashes but nothing consistent considering the amount of game time.Gazelle will offer more.Allbrighton though is no 1 choice  for Left wing he is better on the Left than the right and offers cover for Chillwells runs.Gray is a sub at best.

Gazelle is faster as well … can reach speeds of up to 60 miles per hour.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

What I'm trying to say is I think he has the ability and talent to play in the premier league but not sure he has the right attitude and football brain to progress. He could live to regret that if he doesn't change those aspects. Look at Albrighton, doesn't have the same skill levels and pace of Gray but makes much better decisions and works tirelessly 

Yes, unfortunately he was purchased based on the fact he was young, English and could probably do 100 kicks up whilst Snapchatting!

He’s got the pace, skill and confidence, unfortunately his decision making is not the best. However that can get better with more experience on the pitch- whether it here’s  or on loan elsewhere, is another question.

3 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

This is exactly the issue. Doesn’t know how to influence a game at key moments. I was screaming at him to move in these situations 

Yesterday... emery got a lesson in what is required to be a top six club.  He could see arsenal players who are just never going to be good enough.. yet they are good players.

We have players who are never going to be good enough

Gray is a player who could improve and be good enough... but so far there are no signs he is doing so.  He frustrates me.

He will be retired for a long time. ...he may regret his lack if progress.. his england call up sent the wrong message. He needs to hire his own personal coach and sort out his mindset..his decision making...and his left foot

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Yesterday... emery got a lesson in what is required to be a top six club.  He could see arsenal players who are just never going to be good enough.. yet they are good players.

We have players who are never going to be good enough

Gray is a player who could improve and be good enough... but so far there are no signs he is doing so.  He frustrates me.

He will be retired for a long time. ...he may regret his lack if progress.. his england call up sent the wrong message. He needs to hire his own personal coach and sort out his mindset..his decision making...and his left foot

So did the title win unfortunately, he thought he’d cracked it.