Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lee Monty

Gray ??

This is now the time!!   Gray has to be pushed.He should be starting the next 5 games...

Just something new..Have some fun!!

.Ricardo patrols the Right flank.  Barnes,1st choice sub,always swapping with Gray

Evans.  maguire.... Chills

Ndidi

Choudry.      Tielemans.      

Maddison

Ricardo.      

Gray

Vardy

Subs:  Soyuncu,Barnes,Mendy,Ward,Albrighton,Nacho,young-player..

let loose the young dogs of war....!!

Edited by fuchsntf

3 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

This is now the time!!   Gray has to be pushed.He should be starting the next 5 games...

Just something new..Have some fun!!

.Ricardo patrols the Right flank.  Barnes,1st choice sub,always swapping with Gray

Evans.  maguire.... Chills

Ndidi

Choudry.      Tielemans.      

Maddison

Ricardo.      

Gray

Vardy

Subs:  Soyuncu,Barnes,Mendy,Ward,Albrighton,Nacho,young-player..

let loose the young dogs of war....!!

4 3 3 then :D

• 4 weeks later...

People ready to start admitting what an important player for us Gray is/is becoming?

He stands out more than Maddison (I know Madderz is on his first prem season, I do think he'll come good too but leaves a bit to be desired atm)

Gray and Barnes are going to be the immediate future of their attack. Scintillating last night

Much improved last night ... and it seemed like a simple increase in his desire that caused that. Chasing harder and further when not in possession and driving forward faster and harder with the ball. Hope he realises now that he can be a good player if he decides to be

9 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

People ready to start admitting what an important player for us Gray is/is becoming?

He stands out more than Maddison (I know Madderz is on his first prem season, I do think he'll come good too but leaves a bit to be desired atm)

Gray and Barnes are going to be the immediate future of their attack. Scintillating last night

Not on the back of one decent game in 5. Had a blinder in Puels first game too if I recall correctly. Barnes looks far more effective more often so far, albeit he needs to take that extra second on his finishing. No way can Gray be considered as pivotal until he puts in a run of games where he has had an influence. Something he has failed to do in all his time here. 

11 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Gray was fantastic last night, but he's be absolute gubbins pretty much the rest of the season. The previous two games he was beyond woeful, if he plays consistently like he did last night, then I'm sure people will. But he hasn't, so they won't.

• Like 1

Gray did more last night than he has for a long time, just shows you what a new manager will bring out of a player that has been under performing since the new year. Don’t get me wrong Grays not the only one under performing, and Rogers is a manager that will tell a player that he needs to put in a shift if he dose not want to be on the bench.

i think we will see a change in quite a few players now he is here, if heads need banging together he will do it.

A lot has been made of Puel's ideas not suiting Vardy but I think this also applies equally to Demarai Gray as well. There is a good player in there, I just hope Rodgers can put a system in place to bring it out of him similar to what he did for Sterling. In many ways he reminds me of the supermarket own brand version of Sterling.

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Gray was fantastic last night, but he's be absolute gubbins pretty much the rest of the season. The previous two games he was beyond woeful, if he plays consistently like he did last night, then I'm sure people will. But he hasn't, so they won't.

8 minutes ago, FLAN said:

Not on the back of one decent game in 5. Had a blinder in Puels first game too if I recall correctly. Barnes looks far more effective more often so far, albeit he needs to take that extra second on his finishing. No way can Gray be considered as pivotal until he puts in a run of games where he has had an influence. Something he has failed to do in all his time here. 

Has anyone been consistent this season?  Anyone had a run of games where they've been influential?  He showed us how high his ceiling is again, but yes, does need to be more consistent

The point is people write him off as if he hasnt got performances like last night in him, which is demonstrably ridiculous

2 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Has anyone been consistent this season?  Anyone had a run of games where they've been influential?  He showed us how high his ceiling is again, but yes, does need to be more consistent

The point is people write him off as if he hasnt got performances like last night in him, which is demonstrably ridiculous

Well others have played well more than once in about every 15 games. As I said the other day, he has the potential and the talent in him but unless he can harness that and provide more of them it might never work out here. He seemed bang up for it, so perhaps he just wasn't happy under Puel or he needs motivating a certain way. We'll see but last night was a great start.

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Well others have played well more than once in about every 15 games. As I said the other day, he has the potential and the talent in him but unless he can harness that and provide more of them it might never work out here. He seemed bang up for it, so perhaps he just wasn't happy under Puel or he needs motivating a certain way. We'll see but last night was a great start.

I personally think this is harsh and he has been a lot better than that this season, but fair dooz

... Good performance last night. 

Being kept on the right allows him to be more natural in his movements and receiving the ball. Another aspect is the player on the other side ( Barnes) who is doing what Gray should have been doing a long time ago. You can't help but be influenced by the attitude of (Barnes) and he is feeding off this....

41 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Might also have been motivated by Southgate’s presence 

On 01/02/2019 at 19:12, drofmor55 said:

Liked the fact that he was "greedy" and tried to score himself, most good goal scorers have this in their makeup...and it wasnt a bad effort with his weaker left  foot..

Maddison should follow this example when he has a goalscoring chance but he looks low on confidence

It was refreshing to see Gray be greedy. He has it in him, and I think he's starting to believe in himself a little more.

As for Maddison, what the hell has happened to his dead ball kicking? It been atrocious the last few games and it's costing us. 

On 01/02/2019 at 12:12, drofmor55 said:

Liked the fact that he was "greedy" and tried to score himself, most good goal scorers have this in their makeup...and it wasnt a bad effort with his weaker left  foot..

Maddison should follow this example when he has a goalscoring chance but he looks low on confidence

All good strikers should be greedy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThaiFox said:

It was refreshing to see Gray be greedy. He has it in him, and I think he's starting to believe in himself a little more.

As for Maddison, what the hell has happened to his dead ball kicking? It been atrocious the last few games and it's costing us. 

I've thought that, too much floating the ball in from corners which just makes it a 50-50 ball against massive defenders.

21 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

So many things have happened to Maddison. He's 21 and playing in his first season in the premiership in a very central role. In that time we have had the heartbreak of Vichai and the crash, the little girl Sophie who he appeared very close to sadly died, the team around him has been really struggling leading to the manager being sacked and lots of the players dipping in confidence. That's all we know about as well, who else knows what's going on in his life. Not sure about you, but if I were dealing with all that at 21 I think it would affect my composure, especially when it keeps going wrong and the crowd keep groaning. He will get there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, rachhere said:

So many things have happened to Maddison. He's 21 and playing in his first season in the premiership in a very central role. In that time we have had the heartbreak of Vichai and the crash, the little girl Sophie who he appeared very close to sadly died, the team around him has been really struggling leading to the manager being sacked and lots of the players dipping in confidence. That's all we know about as well, who else knows what's going on in his life. Not sure about you, but if I were dealing with all that at 21 I think it would affect my composure, especially when it keeps going wrong and the crowd keep groaning. He will get there.

Of course you are right. All these things must have effected him. It's been a difficult time for all the players, with poor results, the toxic crowds at KP, the media constantly talking about Puel, and of course the dreadful tragedies of Vichai and Sophie. We all deal with these things in different ways.

Fingers crossed it is a confidence, or composure thing, because it was so refreshing to see him zipping them in early season. It's become so noticeable how poor his corners, which often don't clear the first man, and his free kicks, which often hit the defensive wall, have been recently.

8 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

Fingers crossed it is a confidence, or composure thing, because it was so refreshing to see him zipping them in early season. It's become so noticeable how poor his corners, which often don't clear the first man, and his free kicks, which often hit the defensive wall, have been recently.

It's something he prides himself on as well, so it must be so frustrating for him. Still think we are more dangerous from corners and set pieces though than when Mahrez and Albrighton were taking them!

• Like 1