Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lee Monty

Gray ??

35 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Whilst i understand that it doesn't negate the argument. He hasn't done enough and anyone suggesting he has is talking from desire rather than reality. 

People see the number seven on his back and a few step overs and will look past a lot, repeating the word 'Flair' as though that has any impact. 

I'd love him to succeed, he's our player, but he isn't right now. 

I find him highly frustrating personally.

He's like the greedy kid in the school team who tries to take everyone on and go for glory, but it only comes off once in a while. 

If ever there was a player who needs 'proper' coaching it's Gray, but I do wonder if it's an attitude problem or if he doesn't listen or if he's just stupid.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Izzy said:

He's like the greedy kid in the school team who tries to take everyone on and go for glory, but it only comes off once in a while. 

If ever there was a player who needs 'proper' coaching it's Gray, but I do wonder if it's an attitude problem or if he doesn't listen or if he's just stupid.

Oh oh, I love quizzes. Is it multiple choice? :)

• Like 1

Feel there is a great player inside somewhere, we should remember this is his first stint at consistent starting football for us. 

So far from 20 games (7 as sub) he's scored 3 goals, which is the same in 35 games (18 as sub) last year. Think we are starting to see an improvement in his game, feel he's best on the right or centre being able to drive at the opposition. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Or even the whole bag of allsorts...!!

5 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

His goal yesterday was quality to be fair. It was a better game from him, though can't totally overlook his part in their first either.

Yes that first goal was frustrating...it didn't bounce lucky for him...but every body burst forward just too early,the cover not where it should be...

but rather prepared on the front foot...!!  Today the other 3 goals were worse and poor  mishakes,that were basically covered,the last a too a high B.line!!!

On 20/01/2019 at 16:01, foxile5 said:

Whilst i understand that it doesn't negate the argument.  

Sort of does though. He's played 3733 minutes in all competitions, the equivalent of 41 full games. Saying over 100 appearances when the minutes don't even add up to half that is deceptive

At the first few months of the season this guy did pass more instead of just shooting from anywhere, also defensively better

Somehow on last few matches he shoot more than what he should. 

How this guy suddenly decline a bit in decision making is worrying 

• Like 1

Took his goal very well, did disappear at times but he did ok. People need to remember how old these kids are. Obvious talents, they just need pulling together. We could have a hell of a team of young developing players once they get a bit more game time together. Chopping and changing every game helps nobody 

• Like 1

Thought he was dreadful again Saturday.

After he scored he became more confident (greedy) and was holding on to the ball for too long, not crossing when having the chance or playing his team mates in.

Agree with hanan96 above. He started the season ok but has regressed. 

There again a few have.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Dont really agree with calling Gray greedy.  Firstly I dont think he is.  Secondly half of you think he is expected to score goals and put in flair performances and when he doesnt you complain about that so... another one that cant win

Was one of our best attacking players on Saturday scored and tested the keeper more than once.  Not the game to be slating him for

• Like 1

On 20/01/2019 at 16:40, Izzy said:

He nearly died walking into a rotary blade, he’s definitely stupid. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 21/01/2019 at 02:01, UniFox21 said:

Feel there is a great player inside somewhere, we should remember this is his first stint at consistent starting football for us. 

So far from 20 games (7 as sub) he's scored 3 goals, which is the same in 35 games (18 as sub) last year. Think we are starting to see an improvement in his game, feel he's best on the right or centre being able to drive at the opposition. 

He needs to score 6-10 per year and assist 6-10 per year to be top 6 quality. He could get there but I think time in the championship would help accelerate him.

2 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Sort of does though. He's played 3733 minutes in all competitions, the equivalent of 41 full games. Saying over 100 appearances when the minutes don't even add up to half that is deceptive

There's a reason they call it 'appearing' and not 'xx minutes'. 

He's had chances to impose himself on games. He hasn't taken it. This isn't a biased argument ; I have been keen for him to do well. 

1 hour ago, lcfcfan97 said:

He needs to score 6-10 per year and assist 6-10 per year to be top 6 quality. He could get there but I think time in the championship would help accelerate him.

See when he's getting consistent game time with us, starting in majority of cases, why loan him out?

... Good finish for the goal, fantastic through ball from Vardy. 

The way he passed it into the net was pure training ground stuff, something natural to him. We can not keep playing and over indulging him on the left, it's a waste of his talent and now allows Barnes the opportunity to show what he can do, having been brought back. 

He really needs a run in the team on the right, he will improve so much. 

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

There's a reason they call it 'appearing' and not 'xx minutes'. 

He's had chances to impose himself on games. He hasn't taken it. This isn't a biased argument ; I have been keen for him to do well. 

But a 10-15 minute cameo gives you less opportunity to impose yourself than a full start, how can anyone argue otherwise?

12 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

But a 10-15 minute cameo gives you less opportunity to impose yourself than a full start, how can anyone argue otherwise?

Momentum and substitution timing can actually be a benefit. Witness Solskjaer. 

I take your point though. 

• 2 weeks later...

Good again tonight didna great spinnmove off the ball on henderson to get in behind , his chance should have carried it another few yards to either create a better angle at goal or to square it , overall great work rate much improved last 2 games

Edited by lanefox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1