Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lee Monty

Gray ??

Just now, hejammy said:

So all he has is pace? He beat some of the best players in the league today with some great movements and skill. Might as well call vardy a one trick pony cause he's fast too then? 

It’s not comparable to vardy. Vardy is an intelligent player it’s clear, the same with Maddison. Gray lacks that little bit extra with the brain that it takes to be a top premier league footballer, I think from what iv seen from Barnes from his loan that he has that bit extra to go far.

9 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

Gray was going to be blocked if he attempted to pass to maddison. 

He was entitled to have a go for goal himself. I would have done the same. 

Frustrating for us still but he did quite well tonight. 

One of his better games tonight worked hard as did all the players if he did manage to get the ball to Madison would he have scored, not sure he would have myself looks a bit low on confidence. 

9 hours ago, Clarkey123 said:

It’s not comparable to vardy. Vardy is an intelligent player it’s clear, the same with Maddison. Gray lacks that little bit extra with the brain that it takes to be a top premier league footballer, I think from what iv seen from Barnes from his loan that he has that bit extra to go far.

Spot on mate,that intelligence is what seperates the Top players from the rest,they all have the technical skills just not that vision and quick thinking.He could learn a bit in time but most of it is natural.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Reg Vardy said:

Gray’s best performance of the season.....

His all round game was very good, as it was against Wolves. Actually that's the first time I can remember him playing well in two games in a row, both as a starter. 

He has potential we all know, I hope he can keep it up. I agree with others saying the pass to Maddison wasn't that clear cut, but that's the difference between average and good players. In the position he plays he's got to intuitively know who's around him and what the best option is. He plays that in and it's 2-1, the Kop is silenced and we have 2 more points. Understandable from a young player of course, but these are the fine margins on which matches can be decided. Same with Maddison's chance, it looked like he tried to head it back to Vardy, but would probably have scored if he went for goal.

Anyway the last two games our attack has looked far more potent. But of course, we tend to look better in away games. Can we do it at home? Against Man United probably, but what about teams around mid-table and below? That's where we always come unstuck.

• Like 2

He frustrated me a little bit, usually does, as he lacks an end product. He is a very good prospect and I think he will at some point take that final step and become the player he can be.

He's not scared to take people on and try to create something, although I still think he could try it more often (has a tendency to hesitate at times).

Against Liverpool, overall, I thought he had a good game. Yes he could have served Maddison (or even Vardy) on a plate with that counter but it was not as easy as it looked. It was either a risky pass (which needed to be perfect) or he could have stopped and let the Liverpool defenders run into touch (assuming they wouldn't figure him out). So I would cut him some slack on that.

He's still young. If he does come good regularly and find that extra 10%, I don't think he will be at this club for too long before a Top 6 club comes and takes him.

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

He frustrated me a little bit, usually does, as he lacks an end product. He is a very good prospect and I think he will at some point take that final step and become the player he can be.

He's not scared to take people on and try to create something, although I still think he could try it more often (has a tendency to hesitate at times).

Against Liverpool, overall, I thought he had a good game. Yes he could have served Maddison (or even Vardy) on a plate with that counter but it was not as easy as it looked. It was either a risky pass (which needed to be perfect) or he could have stopped and let the Liverpool defenders run into touch (assuming they wouldn't figure him out). So I would cut him some slack on that.

He's still young. If he does come good regularly and find that extra 10%, I don't think he will be at this club for too long before a Top 6 club comes and takes him.

That second paragraph there is a massive point. 

Dimmy is at his best when he drives at players, either from the final third into the box or from our half down the channel. When he does this he looks excellent but you're Right, for some reason he isn't keen on doing so some times. 

Puel should encourage this if he hasn't already. Just sit him down and say " when you get the ball, run with It. Don't think just go, if you lose possession you lose possesion,  don't worry about it".

19 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

That second paragraph there is a massive point. 

Dimmy is at his best when he drives at players, either from the final third into the box or from our half down the channel. When he does this he looks excellent but you're Right, for some reason he isn't keen on doing so some times. 

Puel should encourage this if he hasn't already. Just sit him down and say " when you get the ball, run with It. Don't think just go, if you lose possession you lose possesion,  don't worry about it".

One thing I did notice on Wednesday that he was working hard to track back. Not sure that he was doing the same last season.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Merchant_Banker said:

One thing I did notice on Wednesday that he was working hard to track back. Not sure that he was doing the same last season.

Not until Puel went mental at him he wasn't.

Weakest part of his game for me, he often switches off completely if he loses the ball or we lose it upfield.

It'll come with time though.

Liked the fact that he was "greedy" and tried to score himself, most good goal scorers have this in their makeup...and it wasnt a bad effort with his weaker left  foot..

Maddison should follow this example when he has a goalscoring chance but he looks low on confidence

• Like 1