Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lee Monty

Gray ??

25 minutes ago, Mehrez said:

I’m no doctor but I thought ligaments damage is worse than a break 

Certainly if you are talking knees, that can be right. That is less likely where ankle ligaments are concerned, though a grade 3 ankle sprain (which is a complete tear of the ligament) can be worse than a break in terms of return time for a pro athlete.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, vanity said:

Nerdy, boring, irresponsible medical speculation:

Well, that is sort of good news that reports are it seems less serious. If that is true, odds are there is no break, so you look to the ankle ligaments. Most typically, you're looking at the lateral ligaments on the outside of the foot with this sort of injury, assuming no break.

(In case anyone doesn't know, an ankle sprain is what it is called when the ankle ligament(s) stretch beyond their limits and tear to some extent. Ankle sprains have three grades, 1, 2, and 3, with a grade 3 sprain being the most severe.) 

If it were grade 3, I sort of doubt there would be much in the way of optimism at all, so I am guessing they suspect grade 2. If grade 2, figure 8-10 weeks before he plays first team football again, though rehab may cost him some extra time. If it is a grade 3, that will be much trickier, that would be a complete tear, and IDK what they do in the UK these days, maybe a stem cell injection, hopefully nothing stupid like surgery (we do that here in the U.S. despite no real data to suggest it yields better outcomes, in fact it usually means a greater chance of ankle arthritis). I'd guess they go non-surgical, but recovery time takes a lot of time to recover, figure 3-6 months.

Alternatively, it might also be an avulsion fracture, which is where the ligament tears from the bone rather than rupturing, though that causes the bone to fracture. I mention it bc they are often misdiagnosed as muscle strains. An avulsion fracture typically takes 1-3 months to heal, longer for him to actually see the field.

I had an avulsion fracture almost 2 years ago. Still isn’t right but I don’t have the best medical treatment you can get 

8 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Is it nearly the end when you have to pray that Gray isn’t injured?

Just want to see him progress and get a run in the team. He undoubtedly has potential but has always been very raw, it would be a great reflection of the Club if he realises his potential here and the best way of him doing that is staying fit & playing games

• Like 2

Just now, Jaspa said:

Just want to see him progress and get a run in the team. He undoubtedly has potential but has always been very raw, it would be a great reflection of the Club if he realises his potential here and the best way of him doing that is staying fit & playing games

I’ve got to be honest he was starting to prove me wrong. He was great off the bench v Huddersfield and today, decent away at United but then pretty poor for the others.

It certainly would be great to see him reach his potential here but the two key aspects he needs to focus on when he comes back, Consistency and decision making.

1 hour ago, foxer said:

He's just posted on Instagram that it's not as bad as first thought and that he'll be back in no time. Hope that's the case!

No doubt some will find a reason to moan he said that.

Say what you like about Gray but for people to seriously think Diabate is an upgrade is plain delusional

• Like 1

8 hours ago, foxer said:

He's just posted on Instagram that it's not as bad as first thought and that he'll be back in no time. Hope that's the case!

Seems that he saw his shin pad poking through his sock and thought it was his bone - hence some of his reaction (needing oxygen etc) could be related to mental side of things. 

We have to assume its ankle ligament damage of some kind - those of us who have been there know there is a wide spread of outcomes from several weeks to many months. 

Let’s see what the scan reveals (assuming we are told in any detail)

4 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Glad he isn’t as bad as first thought. I was worried it might be something like Mendy’s injury and that took best part of 2 seasons out of his career.

It could still be - mendy wasn’t  carried from the field on a stretcher ...... not sure if gray had any injuries at Birmingham so no idea if he is a ‘quick healer’ type

12 hours ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Ligament injuries could be months as well. 

I haven’t kicked a ball in year since twisting my ankle badly…. But, I am 45!  

My football playing days are behind me <sobs>

I seem to remember that Darry Dane managed to recover pretty quickly from a similar injury

fingers crossed ? 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/11509096/leicester-citys-demarai-gray-facing-weeks-out-following-ankle-injury

Leicester City's Demarai Gray facing weeks out following ankle injury
By Sky Sports News
Last Updated: 26/09/18 10:22am

Demarai Gray is expected to be out for a number of weeks with an ankle injury
Leicester City forward Demarai Gray is facing weeks, rather than months, on the sidelines after injuring his ankle on Tuesday, Sky Sports News understands.

Gray's foot was caught as he attempted to block a cross from Adama Traore in injury time of Leicester's Carabao Cup win over Wolves, and after several minutes of treatment he was stretchered from the field.

1:59

Highlights from the third round of the Carabao Cup as Wolves hosted Leicester City.
The midfielder, who had been a second-half substitute at Molineux, told reporters he thought his injury was ligament-related as he limped out of the players' entrance after the game on crutches, with his foot in a protective boot.

However, Sky sources understand that Leicester's medical team have assessed him and feel confident he has suffered a sprain rather than a break.

Gray also took to social media to provide an update for supporters on Tuesday night, saying: "Happy we progressed into the next round! Injuries [sic] not as bad as first thought, hopefully I'll be back in no time! Thanks for the messages".

Edited by Suzie the Fox
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/11509096/leicester-citys-demarai-gray-facing-weeks-out-following-ankle-injury

Leicester City's Demarai Gray facing weeks out following ankle injury
By Sky Sports News
Last Updated: 26/09/18 10:22am

Demarai Gray is expected to be out for a number of weeks with an ankle injury
Leicester City forward Demarai Gray is facing weeks, rather than months, on the sidelines after injuring his ankle on Tuesday, Sky Sports News understands.

Gray's foot was caught as he attempted to block a cross from Adama Traore in injury time of Leicester's Carabao Cup win over Wolves, and after several minutes of treatment he was stretchered from the field.

1:59

Highlights from the third round of the Carabao Cup as Wolves hosted Leicester City.
The midfielder, who had been a second-half substitute at Molineux, told reporters he thought his injury was ligament-related as he limped out of the players' entrance after the game on crutches, with his foot in a protective boot.

However, Sky sources understand that Leicester's medical team have assessed him and feel confident he has suffered a sprain rather than a break.

Gray also took to social media to provide an update for supporters on Tuesday night, saying: "Happy we progressed into the next round! Injuries [sic] not as bad as first thought, hopefully I'll be back in no time! Thanks for the messages".

I struggle to take a journalist that can't tell the difference between Adama Traore and Ryan Bennett seriously.

• Haha 1