Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lee Monty

Gray ??

13 hours ago, Babylon said:

I've looked at the stats, 5 goals and 5 assists since he signed. It's not good enough, his performances aren't good enough and he needs to offer far more.

You only looking for goal and assist without seeing the context. Playing minutes, where did he play, what stage his career is, are important. 

Nobody can be messi or ronaldo in 1 year with playing only few minutes, moreover out of position. 

He's not offering almost nothing. Hes need to improve, that's right. And he does have the potential. Go on slat everybody, support another club like man City. we don't have that much money to bring 11 star player together. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MattP said:

To be honest that just shows how data in this sport is so different to others - Gray is offering nothing at the minute and he is nowhere near the level of threat Mahrez carried.

Same as these daft buggers that keep bringing up stuff to try and show us Mendy and Ndidi are both better than Kante.

Football isn't like baseball or basketball. Far too many multivariants.

He did not offer nothing at the momment. He improved. He pass when its the time to pass, not forcefully dribble or long shot too many times as the season before, and work harder to defend. He's still young and improving, mahrez is 4 years older in peak of his career. 

Its too soon to write him off yet. 

• Like 2

I don’t think he’s been decent at all. He’s been his usual inconsistent self the only difference is we currently have no better options so he’s getting the start. I can’t recall anything other than a sporadic burst past a player and a scuffed goal against Southampton. Still unimpressed. 

Edited by La-li-lu-le-lo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, shade said:

just to get controversial, I was complaining with my old man last season about how mahrez was hardly doing anything and suddenly seemed unable to beat a man, wouldn't surprise me to see that they both offered a similar amount.

Well, when Gray scores 12 goals this season we can say he offers a similar amount then.

Stats aren’t the issue, context is always vital with them. One of the biggest issues is that publicly available data is quite basic and don’t mean an awful lot. Behind the scenes analytics are becoming increasingly vital but these are people with access to in-house and external data sources. Most have degrees

in stats and have coached to some

degree, too.