Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lee Monty

Gray ??

3 hours ago, Fosse93 said:

Trouble with Gray is he doesn't have the necessary qualities to be a top half premier league winger, don't think he'll make much of a striker either despite what Puel has been spouting.

I honestly think his best position would be a centre mid in a 4-3-3, his tackling and work rate has improved immensely over the last few months, and despite his flaws he does have 'something' about him. Think Oxlade-Chamberlain for Liverpool sorta thing... Gray is at his best when playing instinctively, and he wouldn't get anywhere near as much time on the ball in the middle of the pitch.

Just a thought...

I think he's only just an upgrade on Schlupp to be honest. Both fantastic players when running at defenses, have no idea what to do when they get in a good position. Pretty much would be useless players without pace. 

• Like 1

On 23/09/2018 at 12:17, HighPeakFox said:

I don't understand - Ghezzal has one disappointing half and he's 'inept', 'poor', 'a waste of money'. He looked by far the biggest threat vs Bournemouth and did very well against Liverpool too. People choose their evidence to suit their argument so much, much like with Puel.

I am not even sure if Ghezzal’s half was that disappointing….  He looked ok from where I was sat…

i cant help feeling that it won’t be good for his confidence being hooked at half time

Having said that, Gray had a good impact coming on when he did…

13 hours ago, Fosse93 said:

Trouble with Gray is he doesn't have the necessary qualities to be a top half premier league winger, don't think he'll make much of a striker either despite what Puel has been spouting.

I honestly think his best position would be a centre mid in a 4-3-3, his tackling and work rate has improved immensely over the last few months, and despite his flaws he does have 'something' about him. Think Oxlade-Chamberlain for Liverpool sorta thing... Gray is at his best when playing instinctively, and he wouldn't get anywhere near as much time on the ball in the middle of the pitch.

Just a thought...

No chance, you need control and awareness as a CM, and to be able to use both feet to a degree, not to mention he's not physical enough to play there. He needs to play right wing in my opinion, if at all (I'd bench him or sell TBH)

3 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Poor lad.

Hope his ankle ligaments are not to *fuk*ed and it’s just a minor few tears.

suddenly down to limited options on the flanks, can see Harvey Barnes being recalled in jan.

If it’s a straight break with no ligament  damage then he could be back after Xmas but likely that his season is done with the nature of the stress on the leg

barnes could well be back in jan - yes