Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lee Monty

Gray ??

Ankles can sometimes look a lot worse than they are because they can go sideways as well as forward and back, so hopefully that might be the case here - having said that, it didn't look great that A) his ankle went the 'wrong' way, bending outside rather than in, and that he seemed to be holding his shin rather than the ankle itself.

I had something vaguely similar once in that I got caught in a tangle of legs while sprinting and basically put my entire bodyweight onto the side of my ankle at full speed - made a horrendous crack and I was rolling round swearing like a sailor - the ref apparently said at the time he would have put his mortgage on it being a break. Turned out it was just a badly sprained ligament, and I was walking on it (albeit very, very gingerly!) the next day - don't get me wrong, I wasn't running on it for the best part of two months (albeit I'm an unfit 34 year-old with no access to a physio), but sometimes these things can look terrible and turn out to just be a relatively 'routine' injury. Hope that's the case here.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Tanner isn't always right about these things, so I wouldn't take that as gospel

Of course not - but still a bit of a glimmer. Often injuries can look far more horrific than they end up being, you remember this is a professional athlete with degrees of flexibility beyond what most of us have known. Ankles may not have been designed to bend that way, but these guys are best equipped to handle it of anyone.

Anyways, fingers crossed.

You usually judge these things on player reactions. He looked in absolute agony and worse for me it took him about ten seconds to react which indicates shock then pain. I think it’s a bad one but really hope it isn’t! 

EDIT: Excellent news above! I always forget most premier league clubs can do X-Rays on site

Edited by AjcW