Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lee Monty

Gray ??

1 hour ago, Foxaholic ME said:

Bournemouth are 3rd

You know what I mean by top 6. I obviously wasn't referring to a table 5 games in! Also... even if I did mean current top 6, he was shit against Bournemouth so it reinforces my point lol 

1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

He’s literally had one okay game and everyone is back to hating him again! What a load of plonkers 

I don't hate him but I find him difficult to like.

Football ability aside for a moment, I can't see much past his smacked arse face, thick brummie accent, Beats headphones and Louis Vuitton hand bag.

I'm sure he's a nice kid but his image represents all I that hate about modern footballers.

P.S. He's bang average at football

Struts around the pitch, thinks he is a Champions League player, finished after 20 mins. Really good at giving out the oranges at half time.

Never have rated him, still don’t needs to listen and learn and stop trying to win the game on his own.

Been given more than a chance to prove himself but can not make the step up to required level.

He’s better at RW. On the left he’s too predictable especially against deep defences. 

When he’s playing RW he can just run to the bar line like Schlupp and cause some havoc. Also he had a few decent shots inside the box on the right which looked more dangerous than his usual curlers from the left which go wide.

27 minutes ago, Shane said:

He’s better at RW. On the left he’s too predictable especially against deep defences. 

When he’s playing RW he can just run to the bar line like Schlupp and cause some havoc. Also he had a few decent shots inside the box on the right which looked more dangerous than his usual curlers from the left which go wide.

I think there's a case for the three behind Vardy to all train to interchange position throughout games. Gray does cause problems both on the left and right but he needs to vary his play up more to pose more danger, likewise Albrighton and Ghezzal and even Maddison could be even more devastating by drifting across the front three.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Spiritwalker said:

Ghezzal and Amartey should not be playing together down the right,

neither look capable of causing a threat. Gray on poor day looks

more of a threat than Ghezzal.

I mean they're different types of players, offering different things.

Ghezzal is Mahrez-esque predominantly 1 footed and able to drop the shoulder and drift inside with some skill and pick a pass. Gray is much more direct, runs at people and is able to do so without direct support from fullbacks. Whilst Ghezzal performs better with that overlap to almost prevent him being double marked 

4 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I don't understand - Ghezzal has one disappointing half and he's 'inept', 'poor', 'a waste of money'. He looked by far the biggest threat vs Bournemouth and did very well against Liverpool too. People choose their evidence to suit their argument so much, much like with Puel.

You should understand by now ;).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spiritwalker said:

Ghezzal and Amartey should not be playing together down the right,

neither look capable of causing a threat. Gray on poor day looks

more of a threat than Ghezzal.

I don’t dislike either player but looking at the team sheet yesterday and seeing that combination as our right side was very underwhelming. 

As for Gray, great on the right running at people, his work ethic has improved noticeably, but he still has to work on his vision and variety of play. He shoots when there’s a pass on, drifts out wide when there’s gaps in the centre, hangs back when there’s space in front to be attacked. He’s got all the ability in his feet, if he can get it all to click then we’ve a gem, but we’ve said that for years now.

18 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I don't understand - Ghezzal has one disappointing half and he's 'inept', 'poor', 'a waste of money'. He looked by far the biggest threat vs Bournemouth and did very well against Liverpool too. People choose their evidence to suit their argument so much, much like with Puel.

Amartey, Pereira, Evans, Chilwell, Mendy, Gray, Kelechi - all had this done to them in recent weeks. 

19 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

People on here always have to have a scapegoat whether we win or lose with Morgan not playing Ghezzal took that accolade on Saturday.

9 hours ago, Foxes1 said:

People on here always have to have a scapegoat whether we win or lose with Morgan not playing Ghezzal took that accolade on Saturday.

you do realize its ok to say Ghezzal had a stinker on Saturday, as he did, doesn't mean anyone has written him off he was just poor

Gray provided a spark when he came off of the bench. Ghezzal was, as many have said, largely invisible. This will happen with a player like him from time to time. It's good that Gray is having to compete for minutes; I think that Puel knows what he is doing when it comes to bringing up these young players.

• Like 1

I am happy that we ..yes WE have Gray...Albright on.....and Ghezzal,that no other club have them on their books.

one immensely experienced quality player,2 young guns making their mark on the PL...

anybody believing the nonsense  they ain't PL level......have to go really on some team bonding exercise and training.

and learn about other people......Always these really silly posts discrediting younger players,who haven't started their full

pl careers..

• Like 1

Trouble with Gray is he doesn't have the necessary qualities to be a top half premier league winger, don't think he'll make much of a striker either despite what Puel has been spouting.

I honestly think his best position would be a centre mid in a 4-3-3, his tackling and work rate has improved immensely over the last few months, and despite his flaws he does have 'something' about him. Think Oxlade-Chamberlain for Liverpool sorta thing... Gray is at his best when playing instinctively, and he wouldn't get anywhere near as much time on the ball in the middle of the pitch.

Just a thought...