Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho / Nacho Man

6 hours ago, shailen said:

He isn't the same striker as Vardy and needs to link with players around him. He was isolated massively yesterday as it felt like we were scared of Tottenham and so dropped deep - the ball kept coming back to Spurs after we got in attacking areas due to a lack of options.

LOUDER

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MattP said:

Usually I'd be behind this 100% but when the player in question just can't be bothered to even work hard I just can't have any sympathy for them.

He ran about much more last night so I don't buy that. That's not my opinion but fact. I pointed out on several occasions to my dad at the game that he had made decent runs but wasn't picked out. He'll never run as much as vardy but not many do,we've been spoilt with him. Against Fulham I'd agree as he was awful but last night he worked alot harder. To say he didn't try is a joke 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, m4DD0gg said:

Get a grip, his body language portrays all the hall marks of a player who does not want to be here and certainly could not give two shits what our fans think. 

Lol great pre-season, scoring against Notts county.

He is garbage, total total garbage, he offers nothing what so ever to the team or the club as there is not a chance in hell we can recoup what we have spent on him.

One of the laziest players i have ever seen in a city shirt he makes Yakubu look industrious and at least he scored goals.

He scored a few in pre season so get your facts right. I've not once said I think he's a great player or a great signing etc, I personally think he needs to score more goals. My point was he did work harder last night, got no service at all and was up against two of the best centre backs you'll face. To then give that reaction to him or any player for that matter, it's unnecessary. His body language ain't great, partly down to himself yes but he's clearly rock bottom on confidence so needs our support. The ironic cheers were embarrassing, alot of the other players probably were surprised by that too, not good

9 hours ago, Quorndon_Fox said:

Oh come on we’ve got previous for spending big money on below average players.

Akinbiyi anyone?

It may actually be possible that Akinbiyi was a better buy than him. Akinbiyi scored 11 in 58 appearances for us Iheanacho has 16 in 81 appearances for us and Man City. Both capable of bad misses. Akinbiyi possibly had more pace but definitely tried more.

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

Apparently not - I've tried having this discussion, and it gets met with 'I've been going dahn citeh for 50 years, I'm entitled to moan' - type remarks.

There's a difference between moaning and getting behind the team/players. It is actually possible to do both. Like booing, it's just not on. If you can't get behind the team, don't turn up.

• Like 2

Just now, KrefelderFox666 said:

There's a difference between moaning and getting behind the team/players. It is actually possible to do both. Like booing, it's just not on. If you can't get behind the team, don't turn up.

Exactly - the word 'support' is quite clear in its meaning. Be critical by all means, but if you're at the game, for goodness sakes SUPPORT.

I'm not Nacho biggest fan, but I'm not sure what he was suppose to do on Saturday.

He's a finisher, someone who going to put away chance in the box, he's not Vardy, he's not going to run 30 yards and skin a defender and than smash it home.

He game is about playing a clever lay off and the getting in the box.

I get people being critical of his work rate, but not the being critical about things he's not capable of doesn't make sense.

• Like 2

Just now, coolhandfox said:

I'm not Nacho biggest fan, but I'm not sure what he was suppose to do on Saturday.

He's a finisher, someone who going to put away chance in the box, he's not Vardy, he's not going to run 30 yards and skin a defender and than smash it home.

He game is about playing a clever lay off and the getting in the box.

I get people being critical of his work rate, but not the being critical about things he's not capable of doesn't make sense.

Get where you're coming from but lets face it. He's worse than Shinji when he tries to sort his two left feet out. Need a friggin tri-pod to keep the pair upright.

1 hour ago, siraaj_lcfc said:

Get where you're coming from but lets face it. He's worse than Shinji when he tries to sort his two left feet out. Need a friggin tri-pod to keep the pair upright.

If he had two left feet there'd be no problem. His issue is that he can only use his left foot. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

Celebrating not signing someone who is not doing great at the club he actually signed for

That will take pride of place in the trophy cabinet

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi

3 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Celebrating not signing someone who is not doing great at the club he actually signed for

That will take pride of place in the trophy cabinet

You mean the one thing that is actually finished in their new stadium? :D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crispin LA said:

Hope Nacho is watching Everton v Watford tonight. Watch and a thing or two from Richarlison. Only 21 and has scored 11 goals for Everton this season! 

So you've only followed Richarlison this year I suppose.

23 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Was embarrassing to hear fans cheer when he came off. No wonder we are average when the fans don't wanna know when the going gets tough.

Again, yesterday he didn't set the world on fire. He's not a Vardy who can compensate for a poor midfield showing and lack of team creativity by being a nuisance. He doesn't have the pace. When Gray was moved up top he was no better.

We either need to bolster our creativity in midfield, get a striker who can hold up play on their own or we change formation. I feel like Puel does not want to change formation. He is still building a team up and we are a few transfers away from consistent good performances.

Patience is key but our fans don't have that since winning the league. Got to everyone's head.

...seriously, if we had finished 4th would you still be saying that!!!

It seems the same argument is used to berate supporters who shows any aspiration for our team. Is it the fact that we won it which makes us delusional. There is no reason while looking at this league and the available finance, the talent available world wide, we can't move this transition forward quicker. While financial fair play is a drawback (we don't quite know to what extent) we can and should be pushing ourselves forward.

9 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...seriously, if we had finished 4th would you still be saying that!!!

It seems the same argument is used to berate supporters who shows any aspiration for our team. Is it the fact that we won it which makes us delusional. There is no reason while looking at this league and the available finance, the talent available world wide, we can't move this transition forward quicker. While financial fair play is a drawback (we don't quite know to what extent) we can and should be pushing ourselves forward.

We are not the only club with ambition. Look at Man U who were THE team of the late 90's, early 2000's. They are still finding their feet post Fergie and that's been about 5 years or so.

Then there is the clear gap between the top 4/5. It takes a lot to get close to them unless they beat themselves. You could argue Everton, Watford, West Ham etc all have the same ambition as us and want to get somewhere quick. We can all hope, absolutely, but we need to be careful not to get arrogant with it.

I would prefer to spend 2/3 years building something solid for 10 years to come, rather than spend 6-12 months fast forwarding something that last 1-2 years.

It's a fact that a lot of fans are delusional since the 2015/16 season. It's like they forgot the struggles we had the season before and even before that. There is a difference between expectation to finish in a certain position and hoping/dreaming of finishing in a certain position. I would love top 7 but I know so do many other clubs who are just as good as us.

• Like 1

I feel for Nacho. He is a great finisher and clinical. He is just not suited to be a holding man or lone striker. He needs to play off another upfront and he does his job best when he can just pounce on a scoring opportunity with little time for others to react. He can also do killer passes in short bursts. You see it in his plays including when he was at Man City.

Puel is not playing to his strength.