Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho / Nacho Man

1 minute ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Ok, maybe its a step too far lol

The logic is this though: they didnt create anything and they're job is to provide chances.

His job was to get on the end of chances and nobody created any for him

And when he received the ball he laid it off well a few times and we staryed going forwads only for Gray Chilwell or Maddison to not provide us with a chance

I actually wouldnt slate their performamces, although Madders was frustrating towards the end. Just using the comparison to make a point

If Vardy had had an identical game to Nacho he wouldt be getting this criticism. And he's had loads of similar games to that

What Iheanacho needs to realise and sharpish is that all the best strikers in the world are not just fed on a plate with chances, they also:

1) Work relentlessly - Suarez, Aguero, Firmino, Lewdowski, Costa and Immobile all put a massive shift in for their teams.

2) They take risks: for example if they receive the ball on the half turn, in the box, in space, they are positive and drive at the opposition or take a shot, very rarely would they pass and go backwards. 

I don’t think it was just his fault that the attack didn’t function 

Gray wasn’t terribly good and Maddison was off his game

Easy option to lay it all on Nacho

i don’t think he was lazy but he does look lacking in confidence

Reading  this thread should put that right 

Edited by Mike Oxlong
  • Like 4

Purl didn’t buy him, he’s getting little support from the midfield and he also has little confidence...

Result- he is a complete failure at the moment

...not all his responsibility but not really sure he will achieve anything under Puel.

42 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Because the defender was right on him, and if he turned towards goal he'd just lose the ball, like any striker would. Instead he held the ball up and looked for support, which was lacking. He didn't do badly under the circumstances today - he put the effort in closing passes and forcing them back to the keeper (which our fans ignored because they're a bunch of troglodytes and actively hate the kid for not being Vardy) and did ok to keep the ball and move it with limited service. He fought a losing battle with the way the midfield played, but he fought it nonetheless

I think you're right he absolutely knew he'd lose the ball if he'd turned towards the goal, but that certainly isn't true of every other striker.

Edited by Vestan Pance

One thing Puel has to realise is that Nacho can't play as a lone striker. He needs someone around him to do all the donkey work, pressing, closing down etc. If Vardy remains unfit I'd put shinji up with him and see how he goes. 

I thought he did a decent job at holding the ball up but the rest of his game is utter shite.

Fans unsurprisingly get frustrated because he doesn't work hard enough, he doesn't pressure teams like Vardy, he doesn't make the runs like Vardy, he doesn't make an effort to run into the channels like Vardy.

He is a number 10 but even when he plays that role, 90% of the time he is bang average.

Cut our losses. Another atrocious waste of money. I've seen enough to be sure he'll never cut it here.

No I'm not "revelling in failure" before someone trots it out but I'm fed up of him. It's all baseless hype and no substance with him.

Sell.

• Like 1

He was poor in the first half but most the squad were. Ironically he got subbed when he started to look sharper and make some good touches.

The sarcastic cheers were embarrassing though. The guy is 22, and lacking in confidence.

He's just dreadful and couldn't give a shit.

Not even talented either as some say, we've been buggered by Man City. They knew.

The problem is that he just doesn’t suit our game, he’s a poacher and that’s  about it, that’s perfectly fine in a Man City team when the ball is in the opposition box every minute but that’s not us. Somebody in the recruitment department definitely got hold of his goal per minute ratio and bought him based on him scoring regularly on not much game time. Not going to work out for us so should probably go, there is a player in there just not for us

2 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I don’t think it was just his fault that the attack didn’t function 

Gray wasn’t terribly good and Maddison was off his game

Easy option to lay it all on Nacho

i don’t think he was lazy but he does look lacking in confidence

Reading  this thread should put that right 

Yeah you're right, it's our fault he's a lazy untalented piece of shit, sorry.

Yeah it's looking increasingly unlikely that he's going to succeed here (like quite a few of our recent signings) but ****ing hell grow up with some of this absolute nonsense. Not done bad at 22 for someone who's dreadful and got no talent has he? And of course, as with every young player of ours who doesn't consistently pull up trees, he gets the "thinks he's better than he is", "massive ego" i.e. pure conjecture with absolutely no basis other than he doesn't spend all game sprinting around the pitch like a ****ing lunatic and wears some weird clothes. "The worst I've seen at Leicester" was another good one.

He's been very poor recently but today, for example, what chance did he actually have? His best attribute is his finishing but which opportunities did we give him? If we'd signed Jesus or probably even Aguero instead they'd have had roughly as much joy and would fit as well into our team. Taking the piss when he's substituted and logging onto a forum to call him a piece of shit, great stuff. I genuinely pity people who feel such ill will towards players at our club.

We look better without him in the team and it's probably best for us and him if he's moved on in the summer. I imagine he's still got a good career ahead of him but it almost certainly won't be at Leicester.

• Like 3

His key problem is that he has absolutely no turn of pace at all. Classic example was when Chilwell broke free on the left at one point and Nacho made no attempt to move towards the near post to get in front of the defender in order to show for Chilwell. Instead he just stays ambling along into the middle of the box and made it simple for the defender to intercept the cross. In that situation you have three choices as a striker, attack the near post , pull off for a pullback pass towards the edge of the box or  look for space at the back post. He did neither of these, the guy make Jeffrey look like a genius!! And if you didn’t notice our Jeff, now playing for Palace scored a very nice headed today by attacking the ball from a free kick.