Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho / Nacho Man

On 07/12/2018 at 12:08, StriderHiryu said:

From the press conference.

I have confidence with him. He has a fantastic quality. He can be clinical. Last game we didn’t give him the right play.

I have confidence in him and I hope we see that quality tomorrow. We work together with the attacking players to improve in front of goal. He’s a young player. It can be difficult for someone who is 22 to come into the starting team.

Fair play to Puel, he's backing his young players to the hilt.

can’t reallt sell a player when you tell everyone he’s got the combined skill or a bag of turds..

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

We didnt give him even a half chance to score today

Mate, I understand you’re trying to defend him. But there’s near unanimous opinion that he’s next to useless, gives no effort and just doesn’t suit Leicester as a player or personality. There’s even people in this thread who never jump to judgements on players. 

Edited by AjcW

The least I expect of any player is to put a ****ing shift in. There was one point in the first half where Pereira and Mendy did well to win the ball back in our box. All the lazy **** playing upfront needed to do was run the channel to stretch the play and threaten in behind but inside he stood behind Dier and in front of Vertonghen scratching his ****ing arse. He think he’s better than he is and is lazier than a ****ing lapdog. Absolutely ****ing woeful and I don’t wanna see the **** in a Leicester shirt again. At least Slimani put himself about and gave it 100% effort. 

Just now, AjcW said:

Mate, I understand you’re trying to fend him. But there’s near unanimous opinion that he’s next to useless, gives no effort and just doesn’t suit Leicester as a player or personality. There’s even people in this thread who never jump to judgements on players. 

Fair enough. Dont get me wrong i dont think he was great today. But nobody was. Based on tonight's performance alone I wouldnt say anyone played much better.

Maddison Chilwell and Gray behind him were no better, possibly worse if im honest, but because he's up top and cost a bomb and everyone is thinking about Vardy he gets booed.

When your striker doesnt have a single fuchin chance its not just him you need to worry about; maybe he's not even the 1st thing you need to worry about!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Fair enough. Dont get me wrong i dont think he was great today. But nobody was. Based on tonight's performance alone I wouldnt say anyone played much better.

Maddison Chilwell and Gray behind him were no better, possibly worse if im honest, but because he's up top and cost a bomb and everyone is thinking about Vardy he gets booed.

When your striker doesnt have a single fuchin chance its not just him you need to worry about; maybe he's not even the 1st thing you need to worry about!

How on this earth can you even say Chilwell and Gray were possibly worse than Iheanacho? 

I genuinely can’t tell if your taking the piss or not. 

The thing that enraged me today was that he was going toward the centre halves almost as if he didn't want the ball. I get that he's low on confidence but that's unforgivable when you're being paid north of 50k a week. He barely tried to stretch the Spurs defence. His movement was shite basically.

26 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

How on this earth can you even say Chilwell and Gray were possibly worse than Iheanacho? 

I genuinely can’t tell if your taking the piss or not. 

Ok, maybe its a step too far lol

The logic is this though: they didnt create anything and their job is to provide chances.

His job was to get on the end of chances and nobody created any for him

And when he received the ball he laid it off well a few times and we staryed going forwads only for Gray Chilwell or Maddison to not provide us with a chance

I actually wouldnt slate their performamces, although Madders was frustrating towards the end. Just using the comparison to make a point

If Vardy had had an identical game to Nacho he wouldt be getting this criticism. And he's had loads of similar games to that

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi

Remember when we were all soiling our undies about wether or not Nacho would have a buy back option in his contract? What a waste of forum space those 50 odd pages were. As long as Man City covered his bus fayre, i'd let him go for nowt. Providing ofcourse that he can find the bus station better than he can find the goal.

9 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I think the issue is that Vardy causes problems for teams and gives them something to think about even when we aren't playing well. Spurs knew they could just attack as they had no worries about Iheancho causing any issues. I know Vardy and iheancho can't be compared as they are different players but I just don't feel spurs even once considered Iheancho to be a threat. Teams are always wary of Vardy and know if they switch off for a second he can punish you. If you switch off for a second with Iheancho it takes him 5 seconds to realise. Doesnt suit us at all and by having  no attacking threat teams can just throw men forward with no worries about defending and that means our defence gets overrun and eventually we cave. 

14 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

In the first half he did receive two decent balls in the box, both times he turned away from the goal instead of making the defender work.

Because the defender was right on him, and if he turned towards goal he'd just lose the ball, like any striker would. Instead he held the ball up and looked for support, which was lacking. He didn't do badly under the circumstances today - he put the effort in closing passes and forcing them back to the keeper (which our fans ignored because they're a bunch of troglodytes and actively hate the kid for not being Vardy) and did ok to keep the ball and move it with limited service. He fought a losing battle with the way the midfield played, but he fought it nonetheless

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

I think the issue is that Vardy causes problems for teams and gives them something to think about even when we aren't playing well. Spurs knew they could just attack as they had no worries about Iheancho causing any issues. I know Vardy and iheancho can't be compared as they are different players but I just don't feel spurs even once considered Iheancho to be a threat. Teams are always wary of Vardy and know if they switch off for a second he can punish you. If you switch off for a second with Iheancho it takes him 5 seconds to realise. Doesnt suit us at all and by having  no attacking threat teams can just throw men forward with no worries about defending and that means our defence gets overrun and eventually we cave. 

Cant argue with that. That is definitely a difference betweem having those two in the team.

Still think its shit and stupid of everyone to boo the lad

• Like 2

Just now, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Cant argue with that. That is definitely a difference betweem having those two in the team.

Still think its shit and stupid of everyone to boo the lad

Absolutely! I would never boo one of our own players unless they had done something completely unforgivable! Like going on strike and refusing to play. Oh wait no we weren't allowed to boo him either ?

If Vardy doesn't make a start before January,or beyond..

Do We now show patience with Nacho,hoping that he/we suddenly find that he can  crack it.!!

That he and the team somehow find a way,to make a top striker...

Until:-

1) middle of January..> Transfer Window<

2) Hold on to End of the Season.

3) forget him now,

4) let him ride the Bench....