Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho / Nacho Man

43 minutes ago, MattP said:

You missed desire, intelligence (most underrated Vardy trait, his runs are so smart), selflessness, hard work and pressing.

I hate the last comparison as well, are we going to harp back to Vardy every time we have a shit striker in the hope he might come good? Vardy came from the non league, it isn't comparable to relate his start here to Musa, Slimani or anyone else unless they are from the same situation.

Iheanacho came from Man City after being coached by Pep Guardiola with all the facilities and expertise that the advantages of that will give you, Vardy came from Fleetwood Town.

Well said. 

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

I’d disagree here. Puel has been great for Nacho and given him ample opportunities to impress. He’s even changed our formation to suit him, like against Huddersfield where he moved Maddison out wide to accommodate Vardy, Nacho and Madders. Puel also got rid of Ulloa and Slimani to give him chances!

One thing for me that Puel can’t be criticised for is giving young players a chance. Even older players like Simpson and Silva were also given extended runs in the team too.

At the end of last season and in preseason Nacho looked like he had finally turned the corner, but he’s reverted back to being anonymous in games again which is why he gets flak. Shinji has nowhere near Nacho’s quality but boy does he try and he usually does affect the game in some way. 

The first step toward redemption for Nacho would be to up his workrate!

I wouldnt disagree with any of that.

I think Nacho has talent which is why Puel gives him these chances, but I think the work rate is more due to him lacking confidence in whats he's doing or supposed to be doing.  When he's having a good game (has happened sometimes!) his work rate seems fine.  Recently the guy has seemed a bit non-plussed

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I wouldnt disagree with any of that.

I think Nacho has talent which is why Puel gives him these chances, but I think the work rate is more due to him lacking confidence in whats he's doing or supposed to be doing.  When he's having a good game (has happened sometimes!) his work rate seems fine.  Recently the guy has seemed a bit non-plussed

His "murder face" doesn't help him - he's never smiling!

At the end of the day, all fans want our signings to work out. We'd love to get behind him and sing his name with joy, but he's making it hard at the moment. He's the type of player that could do a Kramaric and go somewhere else and blossom but he's got to be doing much more than he is. Right now he's a passenger in the team.

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

At the end of the day, all fans want our signings to work out. We'd love to get behind him and sing his name with joy, but he's making it hard at the moment. He's the type of player that could do a Kramaric and go somewhere else and blossom but he's got to be doing much more than he is. Right now he's a passenger in the team.

I think it’s more a ‘where am I ?’ face ....

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

He has been a bit of a passenger in his last few appearances sure

And doesnt smile much, but we're not going to come across cheekbones and a facial structure like that very often in the squad, discard them at our peril!

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi
  • Haha 2

Kelechi Iheanacho is I believe a confidence type player but the baseline is he is lazy and shows very little enthusiasm for people to get enthusiastic about!

I am one who thought he was a young promising talent who could only improve after his move from Man City but he has shown nothing over the last couple of years on the field of play to convince me he is our future.:(

22 minutes ago, grumpy old git said:

Kelechi Iheanacho is I believe a confidence type player but the baseline is he is lazy and shows very little enthusiasm for people to get enthusiastic about!

I am one who thought he was a young promising talent who could only improve after his move from Man City but he has shown nothing over the last couple of years on the field of play to convince me he is our future.:(

Wait till Nigel comes back, gave vardy the confidence to play at a higher level, he'll do the same with nacho

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He's got the talent, for me he's massively missing the application and dedication needed to make the most of it. I look at him and wonder if he even wants to be a footballer.

You have to have all 3 I'm afraid and there lies the problem ...   and you're right his face is not saying I'm enjoying this.

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I’d disagree here. Puel has been great for Nacho and given him ample opportunities to impress. He’s even changed our formation to suit him, like against Huddersfield where he moved Maddison out wide to accommodate Vardy, Nacho and Madders. Puel also got rid of Ulloa and Slimani to give him chances!

One thing for me that Puel can’t be criticised for is giving young players a chance. Even older players like Simpson and Silva were also given extended runs in the team too.

At the end of last season and in preseason Nacho looked like he had finally turned the corner, but he’s reverted back to being anonymous in games again which is why he gets flak. Shinji has nowhere near Nacho’s quality but boy does he try and he usually does affect the game in some way. 

The first step toward redemption for Nacho would be to up his workrate!

While puel is generous with him, playing every week like chilwell and gray last season is different with playing for a match or two then disappear the next. He also often get replaced even when played well which will harm his confidence. He need a loan to another sides which could afford him continuous game time. We can't do it here as we need a goal getter. 

I wanted him to succeed, of course I did, I don't know why anyone would want any player we sign to not succeed.

But we cannot get away with someone who so frequently offers so little. The problem with Iheanacho are a lot of his faults aren't things you easily eradicate.

2 hours ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

I’m not convinced he’s that talented.

Nor me. Do think he's capable of a really classy finish but his all-round game is nothing to write about. Can't dribble, isn't actually that quick, passing pretty hit and miss really.

With him I feel like he got goals in a situation where the majority of strikers would get goals - coming off the bench for the best side in the league, with the most creative players, against sides that were already beaten. That is no evidence to show he'll be a success in a poorer side. For me sadly he has been found badly wanting on too many occasions.

I get the fact he's young but he's been here quite a while now, he HAS had games in that time and more often than not he's done absolutely nothing. I think Slimani was better and I'm far from convinced on him either.

• Like 1

I thought he was good when he came on at Brighton - looked like he actually wanted it and I remember saying to my lad that he'd finally found a first touch.  That's the only 20 mins of quality I've seen from him in 18 months.  Work rate is woeful and pace non-existent.  He needs to have 'Foxes never quit' tattooed on the back of his permanently half-closed eyelids....

• Haha 1

As it stands with the guy. If he's playing in the hole behind Vardy I'd rather than Shinji ahead of him. 

As a number 9, he doesn't offer enough for us. 

Shinji was not be as good in front of goal than Iheanacho, but he's better at linking play and we usually play better with him in the team. 

4 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Hear hear. I've never seen it!

He's played some absolutely lovely through balls, done some great finishing. Enough for me to know there is something there, as with all players to ever be top level you need consistency and that's what he and so many others lack.

5 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Thats true. But he's not had a proper run in the team, and at times he has looked like he is improving, just never quite kicked on. With his injury at the start of last season he's really only had about 1 season with us.

Seeing as he's been in and out of the team there are still lots of question marks around him

45 appearances.  That is a lot of chances.

I know that he has been in and out of the team but we can't afford to carry passengers week in week out.

Over to you Kelechi.  You have got to make something happen.

10 minutes ago, murphy said:

45 appearances.  That is a lot of chances.

I know that he has been in and out of the team but we can't afford to carry passengers week in week out.

Over to you Kelechi.  You have got to make something happen.

35 appearances, totaling 1,565 minutes (or 17 full games). Not actually that many chances

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

35 appearances, totaling 1,565 minutes (or 17 full games). Not actually that many chances

To ever get the chances you need to show something, bring something to the team. Far too often he's been utterly woeful.

I said it the other day some players are incapable of regularly ticking over 6 or 7 out of 10 performances.

• Like 1

From the press conference.

I have confidence with him. He has a fantastic quality. He can be clinical. Last game we didn’t give him the right play.

I have confidence in him and I hope we see that quality tomorrow. We work together with the attacking players to improve in front of goal. He’s a young player. It can be difficult for someone who is 22 to come into the starting team.

Fair play to Puel, he's backing his young players to the hilt.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

So true, Nuge used to get away with murder when he missed because of his cheeky grin after. 

I was thinking that perhaps we are being a bit harsh on him. We forget he is only 22, if he had come through our academy I honestly think we'd be looking at him as one for the future, but because of his profile (same with Ndidi) we are judging them as finished articles.  Consider if it was George Thomas who we'd moved up to the bench this year, would he be getting the same treatment? They are the same age 

• Like 2