Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho / Nacho Man

40 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

From the press conference.

I have confidence with him. He has a fantastic quality. He can be clinical. Last game we didn’t give him the right play.

I have confidence in him and I hope we see that quality tomorrow. We work together with the attacking players to improve in front of goal. He’s a young player. It can be difficult for someone who is 22 to come into the starting team.

Fair play to Puel, he's backing his young players to the hilt.

Maybe.  

Or maybe Puel knows he is a confidence player as some have suggested.  

Carrot rather than stick approach.

3 hours ago, The Doctor said:

35 appearances, totaling 1,565 minutes (or 17 full games). Not actually that many chances

Is that right, where did you find that info?  45 appearances includes 10 cup games.  Does that minutes stat include that or just premier league?

It seems to me, that he has played a lot of football for us.  Certainly, he has featured in all of our last 10 games and has played over an hour on 7 of those occasions.  

8 minutes ago, murphy said:

Is that right, where did you find that info?  45 appearances includes 10 cup games.  Does that minutes stat include that or just premier league?

It seems to me, that he has played a lot of football for us.  Certainly, he has featured in all of our last 10 games and has played over an hour on 7 of those occasions.  

Premier league. Minutes from whoscored

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

Premier league. Minutes from whoscored

Ok, so we need to add 10 cup games to that.  

I don't think there is a case that he hasn't had a chance.  He just needs to start making some kind of impact now.

• Like 1

By "give him time" some people on foxestalk would wait until he's 26 before writing him off. What are his strengths? Finishing? He's missed some gilt-edged chances for us. Passing? He's created a few goals with good pickouts but is it worth playing him for him to do this once every three or four games at the cost of an abject performance more often than not? 

I've been critical of Okazaki for a long time but despite being a non-existent goal threat he at least offer movement and works hard out of possession, Iheanacho when he doesn't score (frequently) offers nothing at all. I'm being sincere in saying we'd have been more threatening with a centreback upfront against Fulham as he was completely invisible after missing the chance he should have scored from early on.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, murphy said:

Ok, so we need to add 10 cup games to that.  

I don't think there is a case that he hasn't had a chance.  He just needs to start making some kind of impact now.

Fine, let's discuss his cup record. 10 games, 607 minutes (6.74 full games), 5 goals or a goal every 121 minutes. So, he's clearly taken his chance with cup games, but then has had 20 of his 35 premier league appearances as a sub (464 minutes, or an average 23 minute cameo - meaning 15 starts totaling 1,101 minutes, on average subbed off at 73 minutes). Good cup record, his premier league appearances are inconsistent. We're expecting him to do something given most 20 minutes here and there - which he did with Man City with far better players cueing him up. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

Fine, let's discuss his cup record. 10 games, 607 minutes (6.74 full games), 5 goals or a goal every 121 minutes. So, he's clearly taken his chance with cup games, but then has had 20 of his 35 premier league appearances as a sub (464 minutes, or an average 23 minute cameo - meaning 15 starts totaling 1,101 minutes, on average subbed off at 73 minutes). Good cup record, his premier league appearances are inconsistent. We're expecting him to do something given most 20 minutes here and there - which he did with Man City with far better players cueing him up. 

OK, I was just querying your minutes played stats which was wrong.

I suppose you can set up stats to back up whichever side of the argument you are on.  In the last 10 games minutes played:   90, 67, 61, 61, 30, 69, 20, 61, 18, 90.

So not 20 minute cameos.  He will play tomorrow and I'd call that a run in the team, in fact we have shoehorned Maddison on to the left to accommodate him.

Given the posts in this thread, I think most of us expect more from an International who arrives with a  big reputation and he has been a big disappointment unfortunately.  He may be young but he has been around for a while now.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Idiotic comparison.

The fact that he scores more in cup competitions is because of the quality of the opposition.

Get to Premier League level and he is found wanting time and time again.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, murphy said:

OK, I was just querying your minutes played stats which was wrong.

I suppose you can set up stats to back up whichever side of the argument you are on.  In the last 10 games minutes played:   90, 67, 61, 61, 30, 69, 20, 61, 18, 90.

So not 20 minute cameos.  He will play tomorrow and I'd call that a run in the team, in fact we have shoehorned Maddison on to the left to accommodate him.

Given the posts in this thread, I think most of us expect more from an International who arrives with a  big reputation and he has been a big disappointment unfortunately.  He may be young but he has been around for a while now.

Then the problem is with people's expectations. Yes he's starting to get a run now (and in the most consistent one - Huddersfield through to Arsenal, where he, Maddison and Vardy were all in he put in his best performances, notching a goal, two assists and in a couple looking more of a threat than Vardy). But, look at his record in terms of playing time as a whole - it's more what you'd expect of a highly rated youth prospect being integrated into the team. Which is what he is. Ignore the fee we paid, that was always based on potential, not current ability - he's a year older than Raul Uche, he's a young lad being groomed for the first team. Does he have his issues? Yes, not least that he does not appear the mentally strong type, and whoever our main striker is in two years time will be burdened as being the successor to Vardy, possibly our greatest ever striker (linekar and Heskey had their best years after leaving, Rowley and Chandler maybe if anyone saw them). Maybe he's not going to thrive under that pressure but at the moment it's people's expectations out of whack based on fee

Edited by The Doctor
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Idiotic comparison.

The fact that he scores more in cup competitions is because of the quality of the opposition.

Get to Premier League level and he is found wanting time and time again.

Maybe try reading for posting and then you would avoid making an idiotic post. I didn't bring up cup games, but looking at those you'd say he justified an opportunity in the league, he's opportunities in the league off the back of that have in the main been short cameos, not fair cracks

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Then the problem is with people's expectations. Yes he's starting to get a run now (and in the most consistent one - Huddersfield through to Arsenal, where he, Maddison and Vardy were all in he put in his best performances, notching a goal, two assists and in a couple looking more of a threat than Vardy). But, look at his record in terms of playing time as a whole - it's more what you'd expect of a highly rated youth prospect being integrated into the team. Which is what he is. Ignore the fee we paid, that was always based on potential, not current ability - he's a year older than Raul Uche, he's a young lad being groomed for the first team. Does he have his issues? Yes, not least that he does not appear the mentally strong type, and whoever our main striker is in two years time will be burdened as being the successor to Vardy, possibly our greatest ever striker (linekar and Heskey had their best years after leaving, Rowley and Chandler maybe if anyone saw them). Maybe he's not going to thrive under that pressure but at the moment it's people's expectations out of whack based on fee

I was pretty excited when he signed.  I think he was brought in to replace Shinji and not as one for the future.  We can cut him some slack for his age but this is his fourth season in the premier league.  He is not some development squad rookie.

Yes, my expectations were a lot higher.

Iheanacho's shortcomings have come into sharp focus because of Vardy's injury and I think we will have to buy again as we can't keep waiting for KI to turn the corner.  That would be a pretty sad indictment of this particular transfer.

I'm sure you're getting as bored of this as I am now, I reckon I've said my piece, we can agree to differ.

Edited by murphy

4 minutes ago, murphy said:

I was pretty excited when he signed.  I think he was brought in to replace Shinji and not as one for the future.  We can cut him some slack for his age but this is his fourth season in the premier league.  He is not some development squad rookie.

Yes, my expectations were a lot higher.

I'm sure you're getting as bored of this as I am now, I reckon I've said my piece, we can agree to differ.

i agree, i just need to know exactly what he is good at, for the life of me i cant find anything

Claude is persisting with him only as there is no alternative. Talk of patience isn't cutting any ice with me.

He can't complain about not getting chances. Musa was finished with us after Sevilla away, Over 6 months into his time with us. Iheanacho has been very lucky that he will get 3x that.

Let’s face it, Man City mugged us off, he’s a £2.5m player they sold to us for £25m! He’s had a run in the team now and offers us nothing, I’ve been wanting him to prove me wrong for so long but every time he plays it’s like we have 10 men on the pitch, at least Shinji tries! 

It may be his hungriness rather than confidence affecting his performance coming from big club with huge amount of wage already in his pocket at such young age..

I still think he will eventually come close to what he's been expected to be though..

5 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Ah yes, the cup record. Goals against fleetwood (3), Peterborough, and Leeds. With a goal scoring record like that maybe there's a championship club that will take a punt on him.

13 hours ago, NewEnglandFox said:

Ah yes, the cup record. Goals against fleetwood (3), Peterborough, and Leeds. With a goal scoring record like that maybe there's a championship club that will take a punt on him.

Almost like I'm not the one who brought up his cup appearances and originally left it out while discussing how many and the type of appearances he's made :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1