Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho / Nacho Man

He isn't the same striker as Vardy and needs to link with players around him. He was isolated massively yesterday as it felt like we were scared of Tottenham and so dropped deep - the ball kept coming back to Spurs after we got in attacking areas due to a lack of options.

9 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

What Iheanacho needs to realise and sharpish is that all the best strikers in the world are not just fed on a plate with chances, they also:

1) Work relentlessly - Suarez, Aguero, Firmino, Lewdowski, Costa and Immobile all put a massive shift in for their teams.

2) They take risks: for example if they receive the ball on the half turn, in the box, in space, they are positive and drive at the opposition or take a shot, very rarely would they pass and go backwards. 

I’ve sussed it all out now....

Puel “Kelechi, Can you be Immobile?”

KI “Dunno boss but I’ll give it a go”

• Haha 1

For me, he just doesn’t have the ability to read the game. So many times, including last night, he reacts after the ball is played into him into space rather than anticipating that that’s where the ball will finish up. By the time the balls played and he’s thought about, it’s to late, attack over.

Exact opposite to Vardy, Vardy’s up and running into space and great positions when our midfields have the ball moving forward, Iheanacho stands and watches.

• Like 1

Either change personnel or change system. Kelichi as a one man strike force, expected to press and stretch the opposition is never going to happen. Useless again yesterday but the boos were just as disappointing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

The ironic cheers when he was subbed were quite frankly a disgrace. I don't think he was great but certainly nowhere near as bad as people are making out. The kids confidence has dropped massively after a great pre season and reacting like that is not good for him but also sends a bad message out to the other players too. We can debate on here which is fine but I expect us as fans of the club to behave better than that about one of our own player's 

Get a grip, his body language portrays all the hall marks of a player who does not want to be here and certainly could not give two shits what our fans think. 

Lol great pre-season, scoring against Notts county.

He is garbage, total total garbage, he offers nothing what so ever to the team or the club as there is not a chance in hell we can recoup what we have spent on him.

One of the laziest players i have ever seen in a city shirt he makes Yakubu look industrious and at least he scored goals.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

The ironic cheers when he was subbed were quite frankly a disgrace. I don't think he was great but certainly nowhere near as bad as people are making out. The kids confidence has dropped massively after a great pre season and reacting like that is not good for him but also sends a bad message out to the other players too. We can debate on here which is fine but I expect us as fans of the club to behave better than that about one of our own player's 

Usually I'd be behind this 100% but when the player in question just can't be bothered to even work hard I just can't have any sympathy for them.

1 minute ago, MattP said:

Usually I'd be behind this 100% but when the player in question just can't be bothered to even work hard I just can't have any sympathy for them.

This is on the money. 

I was talking with my father on the way back to the car yesterday and he made a great point. 

People like Dickov and Savage were limited but loved for their work ethic. A lot in football is forgiven or forgotten if you simply try. Kelechi isn't bothering to try and people just won't look past that. 

A friend of my father's made the blunt, but also correct, point: only putting in 95% in this division makes you a failure.

In my opinion both are right. 

4 minutes ago, MattP said:

Mendy failing to close down Son for his goal and Chilwell jogging around casually whilst Delli Alli sets up a deckchair and pours himself a nice G & T whilst waiting for Son to pick him out doesnt bother you?

At least if we'd defended we might have kept in the game and not lost all confidence.  We started ok

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Mendy failing to close down Son for his goal and Chilwell jogging around casually whilst Delli Alli sets up a deckchair and pours himself a nice G & T whilst waiting for Son to pick him out doesnt bother you?

At least if we'd defended we might have kept in the game and not lost all confidence.  We started ok

Of course it bothers me.

I mentioned the other day laziness is becoming too normalised in the team, Chilwell, Gray and Mendy are usual culprits - N'didi is usually seen jogging back on a lot of our goals. Iheanacho is actually the worst of the lot though, to stand out as lazy in this time, ironically, takes some effort.

Comments on Spurs forums :

That Iheanacho bloke doesn't look bothered to me …....Iheanacho looked very poor … some on here were

in favour of signing him from Man City … it seems clear that he is a player that will not make it in the PL.

It's not just some of us that have doubts.

Edited by RODNEY FERNIO

Surely if you're low on confidence, the least you do is bust a gut, make some runs - he was so static up front when we were looking for an out ball, he did okay holding it up with his back to goal on the odd occasion but he never looked to spin off and give an option in behind, too many times he was standing on the other side to where the play was so he wasn't even a potential option in the channels, these are the basics you do if you're not playing well.

• Like 1

I don't think Iheanacho isn't trying. The issue is more that he lets his head go down. There was one time last night where he'd chased a through ball down and didn't make it happen and instead of getting back up the pitch and onside he trudged back looking beaten. He then missed the opportunity to be onside again for another through ball. That's not the first time something like that has happened either. 

He looks every bit like a young player whose confidence has been totally shattered and he's struggling to play the role he's been asked to - lone striker - within the team. I really wish he'd buried that early chance at Fulham, a goal will do him the world of good. 

I get he is a bit lazy but why would you want to bust a gut when you have your own team's fans jeering you every game. Our strikers get maybe 1 chance a game, no surprise they are low on confidence. Vardy has been just as lazy in some games.

4 hours ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Can anyone name a single thing that he is is better at than any other player?

Pace? X

Finishining? X

Heading? X

Work rate? X

Passing? X

Reading the game? X

Strength and physicality? X

I would say sell but I genuinely don't know who would have him

Dancing 

4 hours ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Can anyone name a single thing that he is is better at than any other player?

Pace? X

Finishining? X

Heading? X

Work rate? X

Passing? X

Reading the game? X

Strength and physicality? X

I would say sell but I genuinely don't know who would have him

His gormless face is second to none.

ah no Kingy is better at that.

55DA48B8-456A-4779-A95B-5CAF4F440AEB.jpeg

4 hours ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

To be fair, that did get about the biggest cheer of the evening...

:ph34r:

9 hours ago, somebum said:

Typical, no brain, no effort, lazy, work shy, inconsistent. Could compare him to all the others. A complete waste of space 95% of the time. They are all useless with very little exception

Who are "they" and "all the others", out of interest?

1 hour ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Comments on Spurs forums :

That Iheanacho bloke doesn't look bothered to me …....Iheanacho looked very poor … some on here were

in favour of signing him from Man City … it seems clear that he is a player that will not make it in the PL.

It's not just some of us that have doubts.

They are fair comments. The Beckford comparisons are right, and look where he ended up. I can see Nacho doing a reverse Vardy. Starting at the top and ending at the bottom.

What really troubles me about him the most is that Puel has shown huge faith in our younger players, and all have improved considerably, all have attracted praise, all have attracted interest from other clubs .....with the exception of Nacho. It just looks like he really isn't up to it mentally, even if he has enough talent to make it.

I very much doubt if we put him up for sale we'd have any bids from P/L clubs, and we'd certainly lose a huge amount of money on any sale.