Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Ricardo Pereira

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

It must be the first time in a long time that our two "marquee" signings have come off. Both Maddison and Ricardo are integral to the first team. Don't forget he's essential turned Chilwell and Mendy into "new signings" too.

Soyuncu I think will get there too, though we won't see it until next year.

Only negative is Adrien Silva who Puel clearly doesn't fancy at all. Perhaps he's no good, but the fact he doesn't get a single look in is harsh IMO. Admittedly though Hamza came in today and showed more than Silva ever has.

Unless Silva isn't showing himself in training to be the guy he should pick? 

Ricardo is a jewel going forward - as is Chilwell. They both enjoyed having three in midfield today. I'd love to see what they would be like if we played with a back three - which would enable Maddison to play centrally in front of two defensive midfielders and behind TWO strikers (which is clearly his best position). The only downside of this is no place for

Albrighton, but it should be an option.

We played it first half at Arsenal and were great until we stupidly conceded an equaliser on half time with players caught out of position upfield, but Puel changed it after an hour (when it was still 1-1) and for some reason has never gone back to it. I wonder why.

Ricardo is getting stronger now and learning about the league and his new teammates.  I thought he was  Motm today. Some of his defending under pressure was Devine to watch.

I expect to see Ghezzal to show similar improvement as he also learns about the league  and gets physically stronger.

The future is looking bright.

35 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Ian Wright just picked him out on MOTD and did a great piece on him. Well worth checking out as it really shows you how good his all round game was today. 

They also picked out how Vardy could be played in more but players make poor choices 

6 hours ago, Babylon said:

He made some basic defensive errors, but his general use of the ball and his attacking was clearly good from the off.

It was never in doubt IMO even after those errors. Said at the time he'd be a diamond with time to settle in and some defensive work.

Got any evidence? ?

On 01/10/2018 at 12:51, Babylon said:

He'll be absolutely fine given time, Amartey and Mendy have looked fine given time and a run in the team. This lad has shown lots of potential, another 6 months to a year down the line he'll be a diamond.

Can't wait to be reminded of this when he's loaned out to Leuven in the summer.

Took less than six months so that's good!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Evidence of me saying he'd be a diamond? Yeah it's on this forum from months ago.

Can you get a quote so I can enjoy your Brucey foresight please? I know you will remember me being worried about his defensive abilities first and foremost  and I’m happy now that he seems to be developing his all round game.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Babylon said:

He made some basic defensive errors, but his general use of the ball and his attacking was clearly good from the off.

It was never in doubt IMO even after those errors. Said at the time he'd be a diamond with time to settle in and some defensive work.

Never in doubt attacking wise, he looked well off defensively to me but glad he is proving me wrong.

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

Never in doubt attacking wise, he looked well off defensively to me but glad he is proving me wrong.

It was a set of clangers, not being strong enough and some poor positioning. It's not like he was a disaster all game, just looked every inch someone who needed time to adjust.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It was a set of clangers, not being strong enough and some poor positioning. It's not like he was a disaster all game, just looked every inch someone who needed time to adjust.

Glad you had faith.

I seriously think the big clubs will come sniffing around him soon. United will probably be the ones to worry about.

3 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Glad you had faith.

I seriously think the big clubs will come sniffing around him soon. United will probably be the ones to worry about.

No denying he had some terrible moments and I was worried about the here and now, just could see something good there under the mistakes.

Didnt they sign his understudy from Porto at the same time we signed Ricardo? Shows what a shambles their recruitment has been.

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

No denying he had some terrible moments and I was worried about the here and now, just could see something good there under the mistakes.

Didnt they sign his understudy from Porto at the same time we signed Ricardo? Shows what a shambles their recruitment has been.

Yeah forgot about that, Darlot. He played a few in recent weeks but that doesn’t mean much because they were utterly wank.

21 minutes ago, Babylon said:

To be fair, Porto fans were saying that Dalot had more potential than Ricardo, but was a lot less developed. As a signing for the future he wasn't bad, but as a replacement for Young/Valencia, he was poorly picked.