Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Ricardo Pereira

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

At Nice, Puel had the mercurial Hatem Ben Arfa who had his best ever season with Puel in charge. Puel's system had midfielders that were disciplined and kept their position including a certain Papy Mendy. This gave Ben Arfa the licence to roam around and focus on attack, which he did with devastating aplomb as seen in the goal below. You might also recognise some of the passing moves as similar to the ones we do now so you can see the style is clearly influenced by this team (passing out from the back, Mendy being the primary distributor in our own third, attacking together as a team), who coincidentally also had Ricardo in it. Madders is a young man, but if he could raise his game then trust me, we will have a very good team that will play some very nice stuff. I hope we see more signs of it as the season progresses!

At Nice, Puel also had Alassane Plea.
He bought him after knowing him from the young teams in Lyon.
Plea had a slow start at Nice (3 goals in 33 matches then 6 in 19 for his first two seasons) then 11 goals in 25 games and 16 goals in 35 which are at least decent.

This season he plays at Borussia Monchengladbach where he scored 8 goals (+3 assists) in 13 games and had his first cap for France.
He's only 25 yo and is fast, technically gifted, has a good football IQ... I think there is a huge chance he could be Vardy's replacement.

Edited by yks
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, yks said:

At Nice, Puel also had Alassane Plea.
He bought him after knowing him from the young teams in Lyon.
Plea had a slow start at Nice (3 goals in 33 matches then 6 in 19 for his first two seasons) then 11 goals in 25 games and 16 goals in 35 which are at least decent.

This season he plays at Borussia Monchengladbach where he scored 8 goals (+3 assists) in 13 games and had his first cap for France.
He's only 25 yo and is fast, technically gifted, has a good football IQ... I think there is a huge chance he could be Vardy's replacement.

He was supposed to be but we missed out to Borussia. Will cost a lot more in a few years... 

On 01/12/2018 at 22:24, Izzy Muzzett said:

My MOTM today

really? I thought he was good yes but had moments of errors and missed chances and lacking consistency with his passing. Hes having a tough season with some glimpses of greatness but i cant see him being consistent this season just yet, hes still devloping under the new league. Next season im confident we will see the finished article we need.

2 minutes ago, Simoken said:

really? I thought he was good yes but had moments of errors and missed chances and lacking consistency with his passing. Hes having a tough season with some glimpses of greatness but i cant see him being consistent this season just yet, hes still devloping under the new league. Next season im confident we will see the finished article we need.

He made that tackle that stopped that certain goal in the second half. He was very good. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Remember some of our fans wanting Simpson back 

This guy is class. Everything I ever dreamed of in a RB.

Absolutely first class. He is way better than Chilwell. Clearly the best player on the pitch today for us. Next would be Hamza.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

My MOTM today, just ahead of Choudary who was also immense. 

His ball control, movement and decision making are all top notch! 

Turning out to be a fantastic signing by Puel. 

People can doubt Puel in other areas, but his ability in the transfer market is proving to be very good!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Remember some of our fans wanting Simpson back 

This guy is class. Everything I ever dreamed of in a RB.

You are right but imo he would be even better as right winger, Simpson behind him and Albrighton on the left side infront of Chilwell

Not a surprise both fullbacks looked better with three players centrally, Ndidi and Choudhury covered well which allowed both Pereira and Chilwell to exploit loads of space. Individually, it was Pereira’s best game and he’s got more of a cutting edge than about 90% of our squad haha 

• Like 1