Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Ricardo Pereira

What I also like about that interview is that he’s not moaning that he wants to go home or doesn’t like it here. I get the impression that both Silva and Iborra seem unsettled in England or homesick. He on the other hand seems determined to make a go of it.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 1

He was a lot better but I thought he was caught out of position quite a lot in the first half and was fortunate to have Albrighton there to cover for him. 

The 2nd half he looked like he was pinned back for most of it and hardly got forward anyway which meant his defensive skills were put to the test and he excelled.

2 hours ago, davieG said:

He was a lot better but I thought he was caught out of position quite a lot in the first half and was fortunate to have Albrighton there to cover for him. 

The 2nd half he looked like he was pinned back for most of it and hardly got forward anyway which meant his defensive skills were put to the test and he excelled.

I'd agree with this, but would also point out that since Albrighton has come back into the team and RIcardo returned to right back, both players have improved, which has improved the team as a whole. I think as a combination they provide a good balance between defense and attack. Neither player is as good as Mahrez, but together we have two options for attacking play instead of just relying on Riyad. The only thing missing is a bit more goal output as both players are good enough to get 5 goals a season to make 10 between them. 

Also as many are saying, when we were under the kosh, Ricardo passed every test thrown at him, whereas in earlier games like Bournemouth he capitulated.

• Like 2

Looked more assured defensively today than at any other point in the season. Plays so much better with Albrighton in front of him, gives him some cover when he goes forward. Such an exciting player to watch though, gives our attack an extra dimension with his pace and dribbling skills. Think he'll be a great asset for us for the remainder of this season.

11 hours ago, davieG said:

I thought Ricardo was excellent yesterday but I do agree with this re Albrighton. 

Think the main benefits to having Albrighton in the team are two fold: Firstly, his defensive work rate has allowed Ricardo to keep the attacking element to his game whilst also getting more up to speed with whats required from an EPL full back defensively. Albrighton-Ricardo on the right side offers a really nice balance. Secondly, having Albrighton in the side helps our attack - he has a great on-field relationship with Vardy and offers our best threat from crossing situations. 

• Like 1

I think by the end of the season he'll be one of the best RBs in the league. I've lost count of the amount of key passes he has made which, with better finishing, would have seen him topping the assist charts for defenders. Seems to be getting better every game. Looks a good signing and has been well managed. Credit to Puel. X 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

I think by the end of the season he'll be one of the best RBs in the league. I've lost count of the amount of key passes he has made which, with better finishing, would have seen him topping the assist charts for defenders. Seems to be getting better every game. Looks a good signing and has been well managed. Credit to Puel. X 

It’s his defending that’s impressing me. Wins a lot of headers for his height, his pace means he doesn’t get skinned and his timing in the tackle is good. Still not the finished article but well on the way to being top drawer.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sooper Steve's shin said:

Not bad for someone who can’t defend...

7BD6D9E3-F06B-4718-AD8A-2CE7B55B68A7.jpeg

I genuinely think sometimes players are tarred with a reputation which then they struggle to shake or which some fans cannot get out of their head leading to confirmation bias (Gray has a bad attitude, Ricardo cannot defend, etc).  For me, he has been a decent performer from the start.  A couple of wobbles but nothing to worry about and nothing you couldn't quite easily put down to a new league.  One of the first names on the team sheet at the moment for me.  X

• Like 2