Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

Wolves Pre-Match Thread, 18th Aug

Love games against Wolves. I did grow up in the Bull/Walsh era so that probably explains it. Good football club who always have a decent following.

Wolves have talent and have a very good manager also. Their manager will be key to their success this year.

However, they’re new to this division and even with a number of top signings it takes time to adapt. Plenty of moneybag stories that have gone wrong in recent years. Not saying Wolves will be one of those stories but it takes a lot of ground work to get to being a top ten prem team at the very least. 

We are and must be the favourites here. 2-1 City. Vardy to tear them a new one. 

• Like 3

We'll probably be unchanged, but I wouldn't be averse to Dendoncker coming in for Moutinho to add a bit more defensive steel to our CM.

Patricio

Bennett -- Coady -- Boly

Doherty -- Moutinho -- Neves -- Jonny

Costa -- Jiminez -- Jota 

comfortable win if we pick a team of players who know how to play football in their respective positions. might be a tough one if we have defenders playing as attackers and amartey playing anywhere at all. 

• Like 1

On 11/08/2018 at 12:12, Matt said:

Agreed, although that's not necessarily a glowing endorsement on Evans' part.

I'm happy with the Evans signing, i've said that numerous times, however he's a year older than last year (Obviously), in that there are positive's to be made that he's the mature, experienced head in defence, but on the flip side if you look at last season and the pre-season - Injuries seem to be creeping in.

That's a concern for me regarding Evans and I see that as a door open and excuse for the selection of Morgan - I don't see the two young lads getting ahead of Morgan (Not soon anyway).

Injuries creeping in? lol

I'm 26 and have had damaged ankle ligaments and broken a finger in the past few months. 

Because I'm 26 that's called bad luck.

The moment you turn 30 it's your body shutting down ?

Leicester-Wolves-formation-tactics.png

Wolves press fairly high and that's what got Jagielka in trouble at the weekend, Soyuncu's ability on the ball will be important alongside Maguire's as they have the ability to evade the press and break the lines. Pereira and Chilwell have to got to be intelligent when they get forward as Wolves are dangerous on the counter  if they're too aggressive we'll get caught out.

N'Didi and Silva need to improve their distribution, between them they lost possession 6 times at Old Trafford and seeing as we should be able to control the centre they definitely need to sharpen and find Maddison earlier. They also need to be disciplined to cover the runs of the fullbacks which they did fairly well as Chilwell was often positioned really high up the pitch and he's likely to push on even further against Wolves.

Maddison should find a lot of space and be able to influence the game and it's important Vardy's movement is sharp as they're quite vulnerable in defence, especially between the channels and we need to playa bit wider than we did against United to stretch their back three as at times we were congested in the middle of the pitch.

3 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Leicester-Wolves-formation-tactics.png

Wolves press fairly high and that's what got Jagielka in trouble at the weekend, Soyuncu's ability on the ball will be important alongside Maguire's as they have the ability to evade the press and break the lines. Pereira and Chilwell have to got to be intelligent when they get forward as Wolves are dangerous on the counter  if they're too aggressive we'll get caught out.

N'Didi and Silva need to improve their distribution, between them they lost possession 6 times at Old Trafford and seeing as we should be able to control the centre they definitely need to sharpen and find Maddison earlier. They also need to be disciplined to cover the runs of the fullbacks which they did fairly well as Chilwell was often positioned really high up the pitch and he's likely to push on even further against Wolves.

Maddison should find a lot of space and be able to influence the game and it's important Vardy's movement is sharp as they're quite vulnerable in defence, especially between the channels and we need to playa bit wider than we did against United to stretch their back three as at times we were congested in the middle of the pitch.

has Soyuncu even been training? its not realistic to think he will play let alone start.

5 minutes ago, les-tah said:

has Soyuncu even been training? its not realistic to think he will play let alone start.

He'll have trained this week, I can't see any reason why he wouldn't have trained.

Not sure if ....

1) Söyüncü if fully fit after an injury he suffered at his previous club...

2) His international clearance has been received yet....

If not I would like to see Evans in for Morgan, Vardy in for Iheanacho and Albrighton in for Amartey with Ricardo dropping to right back....

10 minutes ago, NewquayFox said:

Not sure if ....

1) Söyüncü if fully fit after an injury he suffered at his previous club...

2) His international clearance has been received yet....

If not I would like to see Evans in for Morgan, Vardy in for Iheanacho and Albrighton in for Amartey with Ricardo dropping to right back....

He's not waiting for clearance, he's waiting for a UK work permit

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 87fox said:

How about the fairly integral reason of him not having a work permit to train with us?

Just curious, but would a lack of work permit necessarily stop him from training with us for a few days whilst it gets sorted out? I would have thought that would be no different to when we went to Austria for a training camp for a short period. Not sure of the details for how these things work

Your point still stands that he won't have trained, though. He was in Germany and injured at the end of the week, so we won't be rushing to get him over and involved in the matchday squad, particularly as his future is (currently) uncertain and he could end up staying in Germany.

Edited by Xen

3 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Söyüncü won't play until the Liverpool game at the very earliest. 

Is that official word or your estimation?

Would be good to have an update but i'm sure the club don't want to say anything while the permit is being sorted.

When we signed Kramaric we announced we signed him subject to being awarded a work permit upon appeal (he was automatically denied one) on the 8th of January and then it was announced on the 16th of January that the appeal had been accepted and he played against Stoke the day after.

As far as I can tell, Soyuncu should be automatically accepted due to the amount of international games he's played so an appeal wouldn't be necessary.

5 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Is that official word or your estimation?

Would be good to have an update but i'm sure the club don't want to say anything while the permit is being sorted.

When we signed Kramaric we announced we signed him subject to being awarded a work permit upon appeal (he was automatically denied one) on the 8th of January and then it was announced on the 16th of January that the appeal had been accepted and he played against Stoke the day after.

As far as I can tell, Soyuncu should be automatically accepted due to the amount of international games he's played so an appeal wouldn't be necessary.

It's common sense given that he doesn't have a work permit, is still in Germany and isn't match-fit or possibly even fit at all having just recovered from an injury.

Edited by ealingfox