Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Izzy

Adrien Silva

1 minute ago, berniethebolt said:

First half he bossed it.. he picks up all those little loose balls and passes.

He covers huge amounts of ground..often behind N'didi when we defend and often infront of N'didi when we attack!

Second half looked a bit leggy 

But for me... a good performance. 

Agree with your assessment 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I can’t remember a player I’ve been so undecided about.

One minute he looks class and the next minute lightweight and giving it away. I genuinely don’t know if I rate him or not.

Thing is, he is not really going to get any better, other than N'didi we are lacking in true top half of the table midfield quality.

Very lightweight and often puts a stray or overhit pass when pressured.

Iborra is decent but lacks pace, Mendy is glass and Choudhury is still raw.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Looked fine to me. Him and N’Didi looked fine, looks like we’ll be relying on Maddison for creativity though. Gray still can’t cross, nor Chilwell despite them both working ball well down the left. 

Albrighton can cross. That’s why he needs to start. Gray is a great impact sub option imo 

• Like 2

Just now, Col city fan said:

I think you’re right mate. Blows too hot and cold and is in and out games too much.

He’s frustrating mate. Obviously got a bit of talent but you’re right, he’s too inconsistent for me. I’m not sure he’s right for us but who do you replace him with?

Just now, Paddy. said:

I didn't think he was particularly good or particularly bad whilst being both good and bad during the game. The Silva paradox 

This is what I mean! lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

He’s frustrating mate. Obviously got a bit of talent but you’re right, he’s too inconsistent for me. I’m not sure he’s right for us but who do you replace him with?

At this point I’m stuck for ideas. Unlike me...

I’ve said before, our midfield players are too similar, ability wise. A lot of people have focussed on getting defenders in (rightly so) but for me this team needs a first choice, quality central midfielder. A playmaker with an engine. Our midfield is just average. They are all just ok but none of them shine out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Iborra?

We also haven't seen anything of what Mendy can do, sure he could do a job for us.

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

At this point I’m stuck for ideas. Unlike me...

I’ve said before, our midfield players are too similar, ability wise. A lot of people have focussed on getting defenders in (rightly so) but for me this team needs a first choice, quality central midfielder. A playmaker with an engine. Our midfield is just average. They are all just ok but none of them shine out.

The Drinky from 15/16 would be ideal but I guess decent playmakers with an engine are hard to come by. 

12 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

He's just a bit sloppier than his talent should allow.

I remain optimistic that he can become more consistent, but I've not seen anything that has convinced me he definitely will. Fingers crossed.

Finally a realistic assessment. 

5 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Can’t work out what his forte is. I think he’s better in a three probably, not an all rounder for a 442 , not a winger or a 10 for. 4231, bit defensive enough for the 2. 

He played as a box to box player in a 4-3-3 at Sporting. We’ve never really used the same exact system so we perhaps don’t see him at his best. 

But at the end of the day his positioning, work rate and vision are all good. It’s just his passes go astray way too often. Honestly had his passing been good tonight he would have been one of the best players on the park. Only Pogba had more touches but the difference is that most of his touches reached their intended target! That is the player’s fault and he needs to work on it. 

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

He's just a bit sloppier than his talent should allow.

I remain optimistic that he can become more consistent, but I've not seen anything that has convinced me he definitely will. Fingers crossed.

Maybe because he's only played 12 times for us and never in a settled midfield.

• Like 4