Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Izzy

Adrien Silva

Very few players get the run of games they need to show their worth. Like last season, Puel still doesn't know what his best team is and is always chopping and changing. That will only continue with all the new signings. Get ready for more changes next Saturday no doubt.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Very few players get the run of games they need to show their worth. Like last season, Puel still doesn't know what his best team is and is always chopping and changing. That will only continue with all the new signings. Get ready for more changes next Saturday no doubt.

Have a look at what you just wrote, given the context of Silva's last 12 months, the changes needed in personnel and playing style, the World Cup and the disrupted pre season, and the grand total of ONE LEAGUE MATCH, and then you might just concede that what you said was faintly absurd. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Have a look at what you just wrote, given the context of Silva's last 12 months, the changes needed in personnel and playing style, the World Cup and the disrupted pre season, and the grand total of ONE LEAGUE MATCH, and then you might just concede that what you said was faintly absurd. 

Not sure what your point is. You don't think players need a run of games to show their best?

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Let's review this after half a dozen games if he's still here, I bet he'll chop and change every match.

Of course, we have loads of new players! Only Pochettino knows his best team because they bought nobody. I'm not saying he knows his best XI, I'm saying it's unreasonable to expect him to right now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

Of course, we have loads of new players! Only Pochettino knows his best team because they bought nobody. I'm not saying he knows his best XI, I'm saying it's unreasonable to expect him to right now. 

True, but I'd like to think he should know the spine of his team very quickly, otherwise it's indecison that leads to many problems.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

True, but I'd like to think he should know the spine of his team very quickly, otherwise it's indecison that leads to many problems.

Kasper, Maguire, Chilwell, Ndidi, Pereira, Maddison, Vardy, and possibly Silva too - I suspect that's his spine.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Kasper, Maguire, Chilwell, Ndidi, Pereira, Maddison, Vardy, and possibly Silva too - I suspect that's his spine.

Silva has to be more physical or it is over for him.  Lets see how he does... u an sure puel will give him sone games....  imo too light weight for pl

Edited by foxinsocks

Those saying things like "but it was a game against Man Utd" or "give him more time" are missing the point: Only one or two people are arguing that he should be dropped, the rest are raising legitimate concerns about how often seemingly simple balls under little to no pressure went wayward in a manner that you can't just brush away as Man U stifling him. It's possible to give a man time while still noticing his mistakes don't you know.

As for those claiming he had a good match: You clearly weren't paying enough attention. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Silva has to be more physical or it is over for him.  Lets see how he does... u an sure puel will give him sone games....  imo too light weight for pl

I know, you (and countless others) keep telling us this to be so. I saw him put himself about plenty on Friday.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Those saying things like "but it was a game against Man Utd" or "give him more time" are missing the point: Only one or two people are arguing that he should be dropped, the rest are raising legitimate concerns about how often seemingly simple balls under little to no pressure went wayward in a manner that you can't just brush away as Man U stifling him. It's possible to give a man time while still noticing his mistakes don't you know.

Well this is at least reasoned - but of course do please notice that everyone else in the team made mistakes too. I concede that there were weird misplaced passes, but they were outweighed by his complete involvement, his willingness to anchor, he never hid and I reckon some of the misplaced passes may have been due to him anticipating and a team mate not being on the same wavelength.

2 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

As for those claiming he had a good match: You clearly weren't paying enough attention. 

Yes, you're better than us Carl. Sorry.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, l444ry said:

He had to chop and change last season. He had a mish mosh of players unwisely bought who were often being played in their non favoured positions ie numerous number 9s and no real 10 etc. Of course he was going to experiment to see what his best team was. Silva for example, despite his supposed pedigree, was too lightweight and slow to adapt to the pace of our game. Iborra and James got injured the former also looking ponderous and having to adapt.   Marhez even went awol. Of course he was going to experiment, our old system of play was now unsustainable with the players we had, that now flawed system and the players at his disposal had just got the last two managers sacked! He had to alter the style and see which players were suitable to play in that style before he kept or replaced them.

Is he going to chop and change this season? Think about it, of course he is! For a start we've just bought some new players who haven't even been played yet. Do you think Amarty and Morgan will be first choice? Will Ghezzal make more appearances when fit and up to speed? Do you think Vardy will be on the bench much longer? Do you think he might try Choudhury or Iborra next to Ndidi if he thought Silva wasn't up to it or if the forthcoming match demanded a slightly different type of player? If a more defensive approach was demanded say against Man Utd on Friday,  had he not been recovering from injury, might he have employed Albrighton in front of Pereira? You surely wouldn't want him to be like Shakespeare and slavishly stick with a losing system and team selection even when things are going wrong and just cross your fingers. 

I  agree that it's a big plus point when you can play a settled team week in week out IF that team is successful and almost picks itself but ... we're a long way from that yet. Do you know what our best team is yet? You've not even seen them all play yet let alone with each other. Do you see them every day in training and know their individual attributes and how the new ones are starting to gel or not with their team mates? Some will need more time than others perhaps before their gradual introduction. Neither of us know, that's why we have a proper manager, so don't be too suprised at any changes, it's an ongoing process that may take half a season and his approach appears quite logical when thought about. Sadly, like spoilt children, some fans demand instant success or sack the manager, usually for their own 'told you so, I'm a great footballing expert' agendas. Whilst top 6 is a great aim, realistically it's a long long way off for this season and 10th would be more like it . We've got a new team, new style with a lot of youngsters who we should reasonably expect at this stage are bound to make some big cock ups.  Time for a bit of understanding and patience. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

He had to chop and change last season. He had a mish mosh of players unwisely bought who were often being played in their non favoured positions ie numerous number 9s and no real 10 etc. Of course he was going to experiment to see what his best team was. Silva for example, despite his supposed pedigree, was too lightweight and slow to adapt to the pace of our game. Iborra and James got injured the former also looking ponderous and having to adapt.   Marhez even went awol. Of course he was going to experiment, our old system of play was now unsustainable with the players we had, that now flawed system and the players at his disposal had just got the last two managers sacked! He had to alter the style and see which players were suitable to play in that style before he kept or replaced them.

Is he going to chop and change this season? Think about it, of course he is! For a start we've just bought some new players who haven't even been played yet. Do you think Amarty and Morgan will be first choice? Will Ghezzal make more appearances when fit and up to speed? Do you think Vardy will be on the bench much longer? Do you think he might try Choudhury or Iborra next to Ndidi if he thought Silva wasn't up to it or if the forthcoming match demanded a slightly different type of player? If a more defensive approach was demanded say against Man Utd on Friday,  had he not been recovering from injury, might he have employed Albrighton in front of Pereira? You surely wouldn't want him to be like Shakespeare and slavishly stick with a losing system and team selection even when things are going wrong and just cross your fingers. 

I  agree that it's a big plus point when you can play a settled team week in week out IF that team is successful and almost picks itself but ... we're a long way from that yet. Do you know what our best team is yet? You've not even seen them all play yet let alone with each other. Do you see them every day in training and know their individual attributes and how the new ones are starting to gel or not with their team mates? Some will need more time than others perhaps before their gradual introduction. Neither of us know, that's why we have a proper manager, so don't be too suprised at any changes, it's an ongoing process that may take half a season and his approach appears quite logical when thought about. Sadly, like spoilt children, some fans demand instant success or sack the manager, usually for their own 'told you so, I'm a great footballing expert' agendas. Whilst top 6 is a great aim, realistically it's a long long way off for this season and 10th would be more like it . We've got a new team, new style with a lot of youngsters who we should reasonably expect at this stage are bound to make some big cock ups.  Time for a bit of understanding and patience. 

With respect, you didn't need to spend so long in agreeing with my point.

18 minutes ago, l444ry said:

With respect, you didn't need to spend so long in agreeing with my point.

I thought you were inferring that he was wrong to chop and change?  My thoughts were that it was a necessity last season for the reasons given and that we should reasonably expect some more in the current circumstances. If I was wrong then I apologise. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure what his role is....he is not strong enough to dominate the midfield, he lacks the talent to control the tempo, definitely does not have the accurate passing ability to be a attacking force, and he is not athletic enough to be a box to box player......in a mid table team, he comes accross as a luxury player.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

I thought you were inferring that he was wrong to chop and change?  My thoughts were that it was a necessity last season for the reasons given and that we should reasonably expect some more in the current circumstances. If I was wrong then I apologise. 

Yes, I took the wrong inference too. The art of communication and all that... 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Can’t see this lad getting a game. Seems a bizzare purchase now. 

Well lest we forget that he was meant to be a Shakespeare purchase and fit into his system at the start of last season : but for the infamous transfer window farce of course!  He wasn't Puel's player really. It's hard to know where to go with Silva at this stage, to me he's another one who's always in and out of the side and really struggles to get a regular starting place : and this now possibly suggests that our squad has too many like for like players in it now, which isn't necessarily a good thing.