Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Izzy

Adrien Silva

All he does is pass the ball 2 yards. He doesn’t create anything at all. He gave the ball away a bit today and even managed to pass the ball out of play with a simple 6 yard pass. He doesn’t win the balls in midfield as he bottles tackles. Too lightweight for me. Bin.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Woeful...said it before the season and I say it now. We are lacking a CM massively.

All of them are so frustrating, Ndidi often being the guiltiest. Their wastefulness on the ball for a regime that is very obsessed with possession is astounding. Praying Silva can find his feet here as the rest strike me as being limited on the ball.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

I thinks thats based on 5 shots and 3 dribbles, which is creative if your job is to be creative

One of those shots nearly left the stadium.

The stats suggest he was better than Maguire, you know, the guy we shouldn't except a world record bid for? He was okay, he just needs a run of more than three games in a row to bed in.

We played well overall, and yet some people are already predicting doom. Most teams in this division will lose to Man U at home, and with a patched up team that needs to bed in, I'm perfectly happy, because I don't have unrealistic expectations.

• Like 2

Said it the other day it will be a big season for him, in terms of the midfield he is the one we'll look towards to dictate play along with Maddison.

First half I thought he looked alright, looked neat and tidy, kept the ball well and actually got stuck in. Second half though was a disaster, so sloppy with the ball, he must've gave it away 10+ times.

There's a decent player in him somewhere, right now he's just full of inconsistency, the thing is I don't think we have better, Iborra is more defensive and too slow, Mendy and James are always injured and Choudhury isn't ready. 

• Like 2

He did OK.  Certainly not rubbish.

On SKY, they put up a graphic late on showing that he had the second most touches after Pogba.  That shows at least workrate and keeping things ticking over, just not spectacular.  Puel plays with two defensive mids so he is probably being instructed to keep things simple and keep shape.

I admit to being a little disappointed overall in him, but still hopeful.

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

All of them are so frustrating, Ndidi often being the guiltiest. Their wastefulness on the ball for a regime that is very obsessed with possession is astounding. Praying Silva can find his feet here as the rest strike me as being limited on the ball.

Ndidi isn’t a playmaking midfielder. He’s a stopper and he does this brilliantly. 

‘He needs a quality ball-player by the side of him. Round pegs in round holes again. If you expect Wilf to be creative, you’ll be disappointed.

3 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Silva will come good for us, I'm sure of it. Keep the faith!

I waited till january being assured he would be up to speed and he wasn't.  I have lost the faith we can't carry a midfielder while he sorts himself out.  IMO he is not big enough or strong enough for the prem... it's a harsh world... but wishing it so wont make it so

4 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

I waited till january being assured he would be up to speed and he wasn't.  I have lost the faith we can't carry a midfielder while he sorts himself out.  IMO he is not big enough or strong enough for the prem... it's a harsh world... but wishing it so wont make it so

He only started playing in January though after a long enforced break for half the season. This is the season to judge him, with a run of games I'm sure he'll shine

He did misplace some passes, but I can forgive him that because he did plenty right, and always had good intent. Sadly, I think he suffers from that most human of traits - being viewed with minds made up. A killer pass / goal or two will hopefully shift perceptions a bit.

• Like 3