Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Izzy

Adrien Silva

Thought he was pretty good yesterday. He keeps things ticking. Clearly not the all-action midfielder some are hoping him to be, tends to keep things simple and I like that.

Would continue to start him over Iborra as it stands.

13 hours ago, TrentFox said:

Totally agree.  But, a bit like Chilwell and Fuchs last year, he has to play now and be given a run. I thought he was very poor tonight. Ineffective.  But we have to give him a chance to grow into that role. He clearly has talent. It is our weakest position though, next to Wilf who I thought was outstanding. 

He definitely needs a run of games. We need to pick our 11 and stick with them where possible for the next few games.

• Like 1

Why does discussing a player on here have to be considered scapegoating?

There are as many positive comments on the thread as negative ones?

Is the forum so ridiculous that we can’t discuss a player’s ability, form, importance to the team without it being ‘scapegoating’?

:nono:

• Like 3

Regarding keeping the team ticking over - Fernandinho and Jorginho perform similar roles for other teams so it’s worth having a close look at them and seeing how Silva compares. They obviously cost more money but it can be useful to see what they do that Silva doesn’t. 

Last year at Napoli Jorginho was their metronome when I saw them play. Didn’t assist or specifically create but every attack seemed to go through him at some point and he rarely if ever lost the ball. Basically he helped set a high tempo throughout the game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Why does discussing a player on here have to be considered scapegoating?

There are as many positive comments on the thread as negative ones?

Is the forum so ridiculous that we can’t discuss a player’s ability, form, importance to the team without it being ‘scapegoating’?

:nono:

Stop skirting around the issue, is he a scapegoat or isn't he?

Well was only watching the game on MUTV aka Sky Sports and though know expert unlike the Sky pundits him and Wilf were up against Pogba and Fred who are the best central midfield pairing ever and thought they more than held their own. Guy has had a horrid 12 months and showed more than enough for me to get a little time. He worked well with Wilf for me and linked up play nicely, when we get over run by lesser teams then worry 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SheppyFox said:

He did well last night against a strong opposition midfield, we dominated and controlled most of the game. He is only going to get better too :) 

This is the thing he was playing against a bunch of very good midfielders and didn’t look to bad. He keeps things simple but as his confidence grows I am sure we will see more creativity. I like the look of him.

• Like 1

Just now, tetly said:

This is the thing he was playing against a bunch of very good midfielders and didn’t look to bad. He keeps things simple but as his confidence grows I am sure we will see more creativity. I like the look of him.

This is the very bit I don’t get. He ain’t a kid. He’s what? 28? And an international many times over.

I expected him to adjust really quickly and just look ‘confident’. 

I think the problem is he’s actually too lightweight and slow. His game is akin to slower build up play, keep ball and not the 100mph that the Prem brings. I’m just not sure he’ll get suited to football in the Premiership.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

This is the very bit I don’t get. He ain’t a kid. He’s what? 28? And an international many times over.

I think the problem is he’s actually too lightweight and slow. His game is akin to slower build up play, keep ball and not the 100mph that the Prem brings. I’m just not sure he’ll get suited to football in the Premiership.

You may well be right and he might not adjust to the premier league. He is getting on, and a international but he needs a run of games for us to see what he is about. 

14 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

This is the first time we can really judge him though, with a preseason and not losing half a season due to a clerical error. Held his own without looking spectacular, but he was up against one of the best midfielders in the world in Pogba. If there's still issues in October when he's had a proper run into a season, then revisit these complaints