Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Islam Slimani to Fenerbahce (Loan)

Showed some moments of class... goal vs Liverpool in league cup last season comes to mind.. decent run as the main striker was required but not possible with Vardy as main man.. good luck to him..rate him higher than nachoman but his age was not on his side!!

21 minutes ago, Gerard said:

He was due to fail even before he signed.

Never a No10 and never getting ahead of Vardy. He's a goalscorer but needs service in the box and we never gave him that, a bad move all round. I hope he tears the Turkish league a new one. 

Bang on. Such an insane signing when you think about it. Totally unproven in a front two so to spend that much money on a player everyone in Europe knew was not technically gifted was a huge gamble. We wanted Deeney but couldn't get him so went for Slimani instead.

What we are doing now is what we should have done in the summer of 2016. Sign promising young players that were playing in decent divisions (IE not Kapustka) and keep the first team as it was. Hernandez, Musa, Slimani, Mendy, Kapustka, Zieler. That was the worst window we've ever had. I have to say at the time I thought it was a good one such was my belief in the club at the time! Mental :teehee:

Good luck to Slimani, he did appear to care and chased down everything (even if he came across as stroppy). Wrong team for the player to move to.

Edited by StriderHiryu

12 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Bang on. Such an insane signing when you think about it. Totally unproven in a front two so to spend that much money on a player everyone in Europe knew was not technically gifted was a huge gamble. We wanted Deeney but couldn't get him so went for Slimani instead.

What we are doing now is what we should have done in the summer of 2016. Sign promising young players that were playing in decent divisions (IE not Kapustka) and keep the first team as it was. Hernandez, Musa, Slimani, Mendy, Kapustka, Zieler. That was the worst window we've ever had. I have to say at the time I thought it was a good one such was my belief in the club at the time! Mental :teehee:

Good luck to Slimani, he did appear to care and chased down everything (even if he came across as stroppy). Wrong team for the player to move to.

To be honest, he’s a decent GK. 

20 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

It was actually.

Goals vs. Minutes Played he's right up there. 

But let's not let facts get in the way of slagging him off because he's got a moody face. 

Slimani does not have a monumental goal scoring record . He may have s good goal scoring record in a poor league but not monumental . I’m not slagging him of because of his face but because of his lack of footballing acumen. I lost count of how many times he gave away needles free kicks my just running straight into a player like a school kid being offered sweets . And he's certainly not the brightest going on loan to Newcastle to try and resurrect  his career which he can’t because yet again he’s apparently injured then does himself no favours by getting banned for his remainder games . The bloke is brain dead . And to boot it is widely reported has a bad attitude 

Edited by baldeagle

A guy who never really fit in at LCFC, both in terms of style of play and in terms of character.

Hope he does very well for Fenerbahçe on loan, so that they'll beg us to sign him on a permanent afterwards.

The video is something else, wonder whether he thinks he's signed up for their Basketball team.

Scored the goal that won us our first ever Champions League home game. Thank you Slim!

Without sounding like there's an echo in here, I really wanted him to do well here - it just never worked out. Wrong time for him to come to us, somehow. Hope he does well.

Presumably there is a loan fee, 2 million was talked about, so added to the 2 million we got from Newcastle last season and presumably they are paying a good deal of his wages, this is probably the best we could do at present.

We are short of a decent striker though.

3 hours ago, reynard said:

Presumably there is a loan fee, 2 million was talked about, so added to the 2 million we got from Newcastle last season and presumably they are paying a good deal of his wages, this is probably the best we could do at present.

We are short of a decent striker though.

Excuse me?

Kelechi-Iheanacho.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pleased he hasn't gone to Sporting.  That would just be humiliation to pay £29m and then give him back.

I still think he would be more than useful off the bench, I can only think that there must be something in the rumours that he doesn't fit in with the dressing room.  Otherwise it makes no sense.

Does anybody know what kind of fees and % wages we got for him?