Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

Just looked at our stats from this season and it's amazing - our general play was top 6 standard. We had more shots on goal than any team except the top 4 and Man U (and there wasn't too much difference between ourselves Tottenham, Arsenal and Man U). You might then ask, well did we get them on target? Yep - our shots on target ratio was one of the highest too, 6th overall. Yet, our goals scored was only 11th. It's a similar story for goals against - we had the fifth least number of shots against us, and fifth least on target. Yet, we conceded the 7th least number of goals (http://www.footstats.co.uk/index.cfm?task=league_s)

As the Guardian post suggests, luck (and confidence) play a big part. An issue under Puel was opposition teams didn't feel so much pressure or intimidation playing us, especially at home. Just think of the atmosphere when we won the title and how that feeds through to both the team and the opposition, especially poorer sides. 

When you think about what the club and players went through last season - off the field the tragedy with the Chairman and the other people on board the helicopter, and on the field transitioning to a much younger side, playing a different style of football, losing our best attacking player ahead of the start of the season (Mahrez) - it was a brilliant achievement to finish top 10 and could have been so much more with a bit more luck. We have a great foundation from which to build.  

• Like 4

On 25/05/2019 at 21:34, Cardiff_Fox said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/may/25/why-there-is-no-accounting-for-luck-in-the-premier-league

Interesting article which uses us as an example of how xG is nonsense / says some of our results in 18/19 we were very unlucky in 

Just looked at our stats from this season and it's amazing - our general play was top 6 standard. We had more shots on goal than any team except the top 4 and Man U (and there wasn't too much difference between ourselves Tottenham, Arsenal and Man U). You might then ask, well did we get them on target? Yep - our shots on target ratio was one of the highest too, 6th overall. Yet, our goals scored was only 11th. It's a similar story for goals against - we had the fifth least number of shots against us, and fifth least on target. Yet, we conceded the 7th least number of goals (http://www.footstats.co.uk/index.cfm?task=league_s)

As the Guardian post suggests, luck (and confidence) play a big part. An issue under Puel was opposition teams didn't feel so much pressure or intimidation playing us, especially at home. Just think of the atmosphere when we won the title and how that feeds through to both the team and the opposition, especially poorer sides. 

When you think about what the club and players went through last season - off the field the tragedy with the Chairman and the other people on board the helicopter, and on the field transitioning to a much younger side, playing a different style of football, losing our best attacking player ahead of the start of the season (Mahrez) - it was a brilliant achievement to finish top 10 and could have been so much more with a bit more luck. We have a great foundation from which to build.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, VIKTOR-LE5 said:

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32606-banners-on-m1-nr-leicester/#comments

Nice little read about what the sheep think of the motorway banners and their take on our non rivalry.

Some absolute melts and some level headed responses. It’s a bit of banter. 

I dont think certain derby and forest fans understand how earnest and frankly unbelievable they sound when they say “we don’t care about you”. They sound like petulant kids or a jilted lover. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Out Foxed said:

Some absolute melts and some level headed responses. It’s a bit of banter. 

I dont think certain derby and forest fans understand how earnest and frankly unbelievable they sound when they say “we don’t care about you”. They sound like petulant kids or a jilted lover. 

"Some really hate Derby and  evy what forest and us have."

That's a personal highlight for me. As though they wouldn't have given absolutely everything to have been promoted yesterday.

On 24/05/2019 at 21:16, Manini said:

“The foxes still would have finished above Warnock’s blades in 2nd and 3rd place respectively had a 10 point deduction taken place” 

Well...if that doesn’t just about say it all I don’t know what does 

**** me sideways 

If my gran had a knob she would have been called Alan. 

12 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

"Some really hate Derby and  evy what forest and us have."

That's a personal highlight for me. As though they wouldn't have given absolutely everything to have been promoted yesterday.

I’m so envious of the Clough Cup I can’t tell you ??. I’ve got some good friends who are Derby fans. Certainly isn’t as intense as it was when I was a kid but it was always the Derby for me growing up living in Derby and all the lads at school being Derby fans. The stick I took when Savage ‘won’ that penalty sticks in the mind ??

1 hour ago, VIKTOR-LE5 said:

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32606-banners-on-m1-nr-leicester/#comments

Nice little read about what the sheep think of the motorway banners and their take on our non rivalry.

Silly sods aren’t they 

Apparently there wasn’t a leicester fan in sight in NW Leics until after we won the league ??‍♂️?

He must be referring to Ashby, coalville and surrounding areas are 99.99% leicester fans 

It'd be the exact same on here, if anything I'd say theirs is probably more even keeled than if it was reversed.

Great irony is that there were some Derby banners on the M1 in Leicestershire so those calling it sad or whatever have shot themselves in the foot.

Edited by Stadt

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Went better than expected, rattled so many, Forest fans and all lol 

Forest and Derby claim to hate each other but when Leicester get mentioned as a rival, they defend each other like their in love.

Most Leicester fans honestly don't even care about Derby. Just look at the Championship thread and see how many preferred Derby promoted instead of Villa. And Villa barely get a mention on here unless we play them. Thats the level of irrelevancy Derby are to us.

A funny banner on the motorway doesn't change that.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Mostly level headed... 

Screenshot 2019-05-28 at 15.18.51.png

And plus played in the Champions League and UEFA Cup. And we've had and still have several England internationals at our club 

Our achievements in the last 20 odd years shits all over most clubs outside top 6.

43 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Silly sods aren’t they 

Apparently there wasn’t a leicester fan in sight in NW Leics until after we won the league ??‍♂️?

He must be referring to Ashby, coalville and surrounding areas are 99.99% leicester fans 

Plenty of them in 97 when I was at school in Ashby, it’s because of them I’m a Leicester fan. Got into football there and everyone followed Leicester so I did too. 22yrs later, despite been born in Derby, the most important lesson I learned at School stays with me ???

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Koke said:

And plus played in the Champions League and UEFA Cup. And we've had and still have several England internationals at our club 

Our achievements in the last 20 odd years shits all over most clubs outside top 6.

I would say it shits on everyone outside the top 6 and we've won more trophies than Spurs.

• Like 1