Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

11 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

From the same source

https://www.givemesport.com/1466842-reporters-have-ranked-tottenhams-new-stadium-as-the-premier-leagues-best?autoplay=on&utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=referral

PL Stadiums ranked

10. KING POWER STADIUM (LEICESTER) - 6.67

An absolute cauldron of atmosphere and particularly during their Premier League title charge, the King Power is much loved and one reported stated: "Filbert Street is only a memory now."

8 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

It's great that Savage is helping Alzheimer's Society - truly. But it grates on me how much he seems to want to be remembered as a Leicester player now that we're decent. I'm sure there must be plenty of people who think he was the equivalent of Muzzy for us.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He did five years and 170+ games, did two cup finals and absolutely worked his ****ing bollocks off every minute he was on the pitch. 

Savage the off field personality might be a nob, but Savage on it was no doubt a Leicester legend. Until King Power he was a key part of one of our most consistently successful teams. In many ways, his on pitch spirit was very much the epitome of Leicester City work ethic. 

His inner drive to be a pantomime villain everywhere he goes couldn't stop him winding us up at Birmingham and Derby when he left but I always largely took that as just his idea of "banter" more than any ill feeling. 

You are right to an extent, he went from being Mr Derby County post retirement to Mr Leicester City about halfway through the 15/16 season and it was a bit blatant. 

But doesn't mean we should look down at what he did here in actual football terms. 

Amazing how he was utterly shite as well until the Sunderland cup game and then seemed to realise that to make it at a higher lever he had to graft more than anyone else.

9 hours ago, ajthefox said:

It's great that Savage is helping Alzheimer's Society - truly. But it grates on me how much he seems to want to be remembered as a Leicester player now that we're decent. I'm sure there must be plenty of people who think he was the equivalent of Muzzy for us.

I can confirm this. I was at that retro football shirts shop in Manchester a few months ago and the bloke that worked there said, 'I've got something I think you'll really love.' 

I was expecting Muzzy, Heskey or even Dickov since the guy was a Man City fan. 

No, he pulled out a Savage 8 shirt and smiled like he was showing me a million pound cheque. He saw from my reaction that he'd missed the mark.

I felt like a moaning bastard though because then he showed me another shirt and said, 'that just screams Gary Lineker at me' and I told him Gary had left before we ever wore that shirt. 

On Savage, people wouldn't be that bothered by his current behaviour if he wasn't such a massive twat while he was leaving and when he came back with Birmingham and Derby kissing his badge.

• Haha 1

As somebody that never watched Savage play for us (that I can remember, anyway) I think he’s an absolute twat regardless what he achieved here. I’m embarrassed he associates himself with us.

Not that it’s gospel but a taxi driver told me a story that paints him in an awful light as well.

Edited by Stadt

2 minutes ago, Stadt said:

As somebody that never watched Savage play for us (that I can remember, anyway) I think he’s an absolute twat regardless what he achieved here. I’m embarrassed he associates himself with us.

Not that it’s gospel but a taxi driver told me a story that paints him in an awful as well.

What did the taxi driver say?

• Thanks 1

Savage is a cvnt. We pluckc him from a small club and he won his only trophy in his career with us, yet is more of a Derby man than Leicester man, until of course midway through 15/16 when he conveniently remembered he actually played 5 years for us. 

As s media personality he is even more of a bellend.

• Like 1

I was really surprised when I found out Savage didn’t drink. I don’t know why but I always imagined him to be proper play boy back in the day but apparently he hardly touches a drop.

No real relevance to anything above it just surprised me 

Edited by Manini

4 hours ago, Manini said:

I was really surprised when I found out Savage didn’t drink. I don’t know why but I always imagined him to be proper play boy back in the day but apparently he hardly touches a drop.

No real relevance to anything above it just surprised me 

White powder boy?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Stadt said:

Not that it’s gospel but a taxi driver told me a story that paints him in an awful as well.

"I've got no money, can I give you a blow job"

Savage is a bit of a knob but is a far better pundit than he’s given credit for and will openly admit and discuss his previous poor behaviour at certain clubs and limitations. Agree to an extent that he jumped on the lcfc bandwagon which probably gave him a bit more limelight but who can blame him? There’s several thousand fans that have done exactly the same thing. 

Plus, I like having extra Leicester links in the media. It’s nice having Lineker, Manish, Steve Claridge, Savage, Schwarzer/Upson etc etc on mainstream tv and radio because it means we get even more of a mention than we would otherwise.  

Edited by TJB-fox
  • Thanks 1