Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

Found this pic interesting, in a thread about Arsenal’s finances. We’re the third highest profit makers in the Premier League, ever, according to Swiss Ramble:

Worth remembering that we won the league in the final year of the last TV deal, and earned the most from the Champions League due to our performance in the group stages and by virtue of being the last English side in the competition. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, surrifox said:

Yes there is a value in weakening an opponent and rival for top 6 which is why we should hold out for £ 90 mill 

I think you'd be hard-pressed to argue that it really would weaken us, or strengthen United. And the fact we're unironically talking about Manchester bloody United as a top six rival just shows how far they've fallen.

21 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

I think you'd be hard-pressed to argue that it really would weaken us, or strengthen United. And the fact we're unironically talking about Manchester bloody United as a top six rival just shows how far they've fallen.

Indeed, but also how far we have come. Putting the title to one side as a complete freak - a wholly unexpected anomaly albeit a glorious one - this is different.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

For £90 million ONO I think I would expect  to have strengthened the side but I agree with your rivalry point and on the strength of their finish to the season possibly the least fearsome of the big teams 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jacnah said:

Indeed, but also how far we have come. Putting the title to one side as a complete freak - a wholly unexpected anomaly albeit a glorious one - this is different.

Media and opposition fans have been quick to label us a flash in the pan. 

The first immediate year we got carried away - we understandably on and off the pitch prioritised CL. We've built well since though. 

• Like 1

Arsenal fans react
Some Arsenal supporters were pained to learn of Tielemans’ permanent transfer, especially with Aaron Ramsey’s departure from the club on a free transfer still quite raw:

James
@AFC_Inho
Replying to @hughwizzy
Painful. Leicester taking strides to finish top 6, while Arsenal take steps to finish top 6. Tielemans would of been a huge signing for Arsenal.

17:48 - 8 Jul 2019
Twitter Ads information and privacy
See James's other Tweets

-FREDZ?
@Fredszzzx
 Tielemans could've replaced ramsey lol na I'm done with Arsenal

17:42 - 8 Jul 2019
See -FREDZ?'s other Tweets

Chin Sian (HellGuns)
@chinsian
 Meanwhile, Arsenal is trying to bargain their way to get new players. But Leicester just went out and got Tielemans for reported €45m. Seriously?! https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/1148261799579570177

Get French Football News
@GFFN
Official | AS Monaco announce the sale of Youri Tielemans to Leicester City for a reported €45m.

17:38 - 8 Jul 2019
See Chin Sian (HellGuns)'s other Tweets
7 Footballers Retiring This Season

MVGABI??
@mugian_mugabi
 How can Leicester City afford to get Ayoze Perez for 30M, Tielemans for 40M and offer for Thauvin 28M but we can't offer 25M for Tierney.#Arsenal

17:59 - 8 Jul 2019
See MVGABI??'s other Tweets

Il Principe Oscuro
@NiccoloShakur91
 Tielemans and Thauvin would easily start at Arsenal. Raul will have questions to answer If we don't sign better players.

17:19 - 8 Jul 2019
See Il Principe Oscuro's other Tweets

#Kroenkeout
@arsenalbarclays
Replying to @hughwizzy
Great deal, the kind of deals we should be making...

17:51 - 8 Jul 2019
See #Kroenkeout's other Tweets

#KroenkeOut
@GetOutStan
Replying to @hughwizzy
He would be a very good Ramsey’s replacement.

17:43 - 8 Jul 2019
See #KroenkeOut's other Tweets

Karanveer Singh
@Veergasm
Replying to @hughwizzy
Could have been a great addition to us ?

17:55 - 8 Jul 2019

1 hour ago, wardyfox86 said:

This team finished above us last season so it's hard to argue otherwise, even with blue tinted specs. Next season though, we will see.

Correction, their squad and settled manager finished above us last season. That team, even without blue tinted specs, got their arses handed to them on a plate near the end of the season.

• Haha 1