Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

41 minutes ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

I mean, if we're staying grounded then 10th remains an acceptable finish at present, so I'm not too bothered by our placing. Yes, the ambition is to crack the top 7 this time out, and the stretch goal if we get a good start is top 5/6. But honestly, if we get to the end of the season and end up 10th, I don't think too many of us will have too many complaints, especially if we fail to hold onto Tielemans who, let's be honest, is vital to how our team's current development pans out and will take a good season to replace to any comparable level.

(Heck, I'd imagine this dumb computer analysis thing is based on current squads, and as his loan is up Tielemans is no doubt not included in that, hence the apparent regression).

No way the Toon are finishing top half though. Sure, they picked up towards the end of the season, but let's not mistake them ultimately limping to safety for the sort of form that one can carry through to the next season and build on... and we Foxes fans should know exactly what can happen when you do carry that form through! :scarf:Until there's real change at that football club, they're going to be perennially looking over their shoulders at the trapdoor, even with Rafa at the helm.

I always have to laugh, too, when an unknown quantity are completely underestimated in their first season in the Prem and automatically dumped at the bottom of these lists purely because there's no previous data to go by. I would put good money on Sheffield United not only staying up, but being the highest placed of the three promoted sides. They're a solid and well-balanced outfit, with some real firepower up front in the form of Sharp and McGoldrick, who I expect to both be able to bag a few in the top flight.

Friendly reminder that Fulham were going to piddle survival because they spent stupid money on journeymen that happened to have "Premier League experience", and that Wolves were going to be right down there due to their untested squad. :whistle:

(Side note - That a striker as prolific as Sharp has only two career appearances in the top flight is equal parts baffling and damning - history is littered with sides short of firepower in the bottom half who would have sold their grandmother for his goalscoring ability. For his sake as much as United's I hope he puts that right next year.)

Edited by OntarioFox

36 minutes ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

Whats the point in even continuing next season if the prediction is true? Literally Ruined next season for everyone.

Edited by les-tah
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, les-tah said:

Whats the point in even continuing next season if the prediction is true? Literally Ruined next season for everyone.

Problem with the world at the moment, everyone wants to know the end before the start.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

That top manager Ian Holloway has us finishing top 4.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/shock-premier-league-team-tipped-16660361

With his experience he is bound to be right!

52 minutes ago, Merchant_Banker said:

That top manager Ian Holloway has us finishing top 4.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/shock-premier-league-team-tipped-16660361

With his experience he is bound to be right!

He needs to have a sandwich and chill out.

8 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

I mean, if we're staying grounded then 10th remains an acceptable finish at present, so I'm not too bothered by our placing. Yes, the ambition is to crack the top 7 this time out, and the stretch goal if we get a good start is top 5/6. But honestly, if we get to the end of the season and end up 10th, I don't think too many of us will have too many complaints, especially if we fail to hold onto Tielemans who, let's be honest, is vital to how our team's current development pans out and will take a good season to replace to any comparable level.

(Heck, I'd imagine this dumb computer analysis thing is based on current squads, and as his loan is up Tielemans is no doubt not included in that, hence the apparent regression).

No way the Toon are finishing top half though. Sure, they picked up towards the end of the season, but let's not mistake them ultimately limping to safety for the sort of form that one can carry through to the next season and build on... and we Foxes fans should know exactly what can happen when you do carry that form through! :scarf:Until there's real change at that football club, they're going to be perennially looking over their shoulders at the trapdoor, even with Rafa at the helm.

I always have to laugh, too, when an unknown quantity are completely underestimated in their first season in the Prem and automatically dumped at the bottom of these lists purely because there's no previous data to go by. I would put good money on Sheffield United not only staying up, but being the highest placed of the three promoted sides. They're a solid and well-balanced outfit, with some real firepower up front in the form of Sharp and McGoldrick, who I expect to both be able to bag a few in the top flight.

Friendly reminder that Fulham were going to piddle survival because they spent stupid money on journeymen that happened to have "Premier League experience", and that Wolves were going to be right down there due to their untested squad. :whistle:

(Side note - That a striker as prolific as Sharp has only two career appearances in the top flight is equal parts baffling and damning - history is littered with sides short of firepower in the bottom half who would have sold their grandmother for his goalscoring ability. For his sake as much as United's I hope he puts that right next year.)

You're new around here aren't you? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Footballwipe said:

Looks like it's time to dote on any journalist or publication that predicts us doing very well, and disparage/despise any publication that has us any lower than seventh.

Selective approval is about to ramp up.

Not exciting reading but here you go:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33751507

9 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Not exciting reading but here you go:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33751507

Did you think we were going to finish first? Genuinely? Then how about we all take the predictions of pundits with a pinch of salt, than embracing or lambasting each one depending on what they say?

My point about being selective still stands. We still seem to love those who like us, and hate those who doubt us. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Did you think we were going to finish first? Genuinely? Then how about we all take the predictions of pundits with a pinch of salt, than embracing or lambasting each one depending on what they say?

My point about being selective still stands. We still seem to love those who like us, and hate those who doubt us. 

It's all just a bit of fun isn't it really