Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Does that try your patience, Geoff? 

Not at all.

I was the reporter at the game and Newcastle being so utterly shiite and gutless was - from a neutral perspective - the bigger story.

Also, they had Big Sam in the studio so there was always likely to be a Newcastle angle.

As LCFC fans we sometimes forget that other teams exist.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Not at all.

I was the reporter at the game and Newcastle being so utterly shiite and gutless was - from a neutral perspective - the bigger story.

Also, they had Big Sam in the studio so there was always likely to be a Newcastle angle.

We don't forget they exist, Geoff. 

We just don't like them being bigger than us lol

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

They've won every league game this season.

They've won 16 successive league games.

They're a much bigger club than us.

Ergo they get a stack more coverage than us.

Look at yesterday, us winning 5-0 is not THE story in the media.

Newcastle's collapse is a bigger story.

I was on TS breakfast with Brazil and Allardyce - their questions were loaded around Newcastle and I understand that.

I brought it back to how well we played but I knew the 'better line' (from a neutral viewpoint) was the problems at Newcastle.

You never know what can happen when a team goes under the radar. Oh wait!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I was on TS breakfast with Brazil and Allardyce - their questions were loaded around Newcastle and I understand that.

I brought it back to how well we played but I knew the 'better line' (from a neutral viewpoint) was the problems at Newcastle.

9 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Not at all.

To be honest, I think I prefer it if we "go under the radar" and just get on with what we're doing this season with as little scrutiny as possible. 

I wasn't in the UK for the last 6 months of 2015/16 but even in South Africa and Botswana the coverage was immense.

It didn't affect us then but it sure made me ****ing nervous.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I meant there's sometimes uneven coverage of the game itself. As in it's not Liverpool vs 'insert club'. It's just all Liverpool. 

I don't doubt they're a bigger club and on an amazing run of form (only lost 1 in 45, that's superb). But let's not forget they actually have opposition sometimes. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Not at all.

What other teams?

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

There's more airtime out of a sinking Newcastle, the problems, the sideshows et al than there is doing a love-in with Leicester.

In fact, I'd argue that love-ins for teams are tedious all round. Problems, negativity, pile-ons, they're things that get people going, get people calling in, tweeting. Think about someone spending 20 minutes to praise Watford or Everton. I wouldn't care. The issues, root causes and potential ramifications for things going wrong at either club, I'm hooked.

I don't get the incessant desire to be loved from our fans. If we get it then great, but we start to sound like paranoid conspiracy theorists when we don't get it and people have "agendas" or not caring. Subscribe to the Athletic, watch The True Fox, spend every waking minute on Foxestalk or listen to Radio Leicester for your echo chamber of Leicester love.

To be fair, I thoroughly enjoyed the days-long meltdown and bear-poking that went on last week with Spurs following their loss to us, and that wind-up being prolonged by the exit to Colchester in the cup. Nothing gets the phones ringing like problems at a club, far more so than kissing said club's arse day in day out.

Schadenfreude sells. The only difference is that I genuinely feel for Newcastle fans.

Outside of the Liverpool fanbase and associated plastics, every football fan to a man rolls their eyes at the collective game of kiss-arse that surrounds a club doing well and ignores it, unless it's a genuine underdog story like our own in 15/16, or a minnow on a cup run. Positive coverage is only worth it for media outlets if it either fills column inches (hence why there's plenty of coverage of us trying to upset the applecart in print / online, but less so on TV / radio) or there's enough of a mongy fanbase there to pay the premium rates and fill the air with the fourth consecutive comment about how great that cross from Mane was.

Negative coverage is quite different however - the tribalism of football makes it very easy to join the hivemind and get enjoyment out of joining in a collective p*ss-take, so the interest is there to make it worthwhile.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

To be honest, I think I prefer it if we "go under the radar" and just get on with what we're doing this season with as little scrutiny as possible. 

I wasn't in the UK for the last 6 months of 2015/16 but even in South Africa and Botswana the coverage was immense.

Tbh it's a bit of a double edged sword. 

I too would like us to be under the radar and have the opposition sleep on us until it's too late for them to realise what we've done, again. 

But on the otherside of that blade, it does get slightly infuriating that we're still not given credit where credits due for actually being a damn good side, much better than the average joe thinks we are. 

3rd best team in position and points accumulated since Brendan joined us with a a higher growth ceiling than most of the other teams as our young squad matures and transitions.

One of, if not the best ownership in the country. 

And yet we still seems we have this plucky tag with the media. 

https://www.67hailhail.com/news/robbie-savage-no-celtic-player-would-get-in-the-leicester-city-side/

Robbie Savage: No Celtic player would get in the Leicester City side

BBC Radio 5 Live pundit Robbie Savage has stated that no Celtic player would break into Brendan Rodgers’ Leicester City side.

Rodgers left Celtic for the Foxes back in February, and supporters continue to be bitter about the departure to this day. Justifiably so as Rodgers decided to waltz out of a campaign mid-way through. If not for Neil Lennon, Celtic could’ve been in real bother last season.

Brendan Rodgers was quick to swap Celtic Park for the King Power Stadium last season (Jose Miguel Fernandez/NurPhoto via Getty Images)

But Rodgers likely won’t care. His Leicester side are flying to kick-off the 2019/20 season, and sit in the dizzy heights of third place.

Celtic fans continue to believe Rodgers made the wrong choice. But Savage, speaking on BBC Radio 5 Live, boasted that no Celtic players could get into the Leicester squad.

"For me, not one Celtic player would get in Leicester's starting XI"

Trust @RobbieSavage8 to set this one up....

A #LCFC & #CelticFC fan come head-to-head to discuss Brendan Rodgers.

Unsurprisingly, things went downhill quite quickly 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♀️#BBC606

Embedded video

#12 - Gerrard at 75: Rangers and Celtic fans debate his tenure so far

#12 - Gerrard at 75: Rangers and Celtic fans debate his tenure so far

People still aren’t getting our stance on this

Once again, it appears that fans and pundits down south still can’t see why we’re so upset over Rodgers’ departure.

We all admit that Leicester is a fine opportunity and has proved to be a good choice from a football standpoint for Rodgers. It’s boosted his profile and reputation down south, and for him that’s all that seems to matter.

Robbie Savage continues to see nothing wrong with the move (Simon Stacpoole/Offside/Getty Images)

However, where many down south are refusing to look at is the moral side of things. Rodgers played the “I love Celtic” card during his time up here. Highlighting the likes of Danny McGrain and Tommy Burns to ingratiate himself with the Hoops support.

He consistently spoke of his happiness at the club and how he was in his dream job. Rodgers knew what he was doing, and that was leading fans to think he wouldn’t return to the Premier League so suddenly.

And nobody actually blames Rodgers for taking a move south. We all accepted that was likely going to be his next destination. But it came at a time when we had a massively tough week with games away to Hearts and Hibernian respectively. Bad results in those matches could’ve rocked our season.

Neil Lennon effectively saved the season last year (Alan Rennie/Action Plus via Getty Images)

However, Rodgers was happy to put that at risk for his own personal and financial gain. It was a sickening move, as he refused to see out the job he started.

Savage is another who can’t understand it. Either that, or he’s just one of many pundits and Premier League fans who don’t want to see it.

Have something to tell us about this article?

They're like that ex you have that had never been dumped before and still can't understand that you dumped them not because they're not beautiful, it's just being with them was really, really tediously ****ing boring.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Like I’ve said before ‘fcuk em’, nabbed our manager when we had a very chance of something great and went on to nick debatably our best player three months later. 

24 minutes ago, Hammo said:

I have never known a bunch of fans so self-regarding, holier than thou and downright disillusioned than those that follow Celtic.

Massive club, my arse...

The further we get from when we nabbed Brendan and the more there are articles like that, the more delighted I am that we helped take them down a peg or two. 

Which is a shame because after they nicked O'Neill and Lennon, I used to always look out for Celtic results in the hope they were doing well

My how the tables have turned.

i dont understand the anger in them savage comments? people are going on like it's an outrageous statement? seems pretty obvious that nobody in the celtic squad would even get on our bench, to me 

Edited by ScouseFox
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Totally agree. Newsworthy usually means 'in crisis'. Let's wait until May for some headlines.

32 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

"BREXITBAZ" lol.

Not surprising with a name like that he can barely type in English

That Kevin guy at the top is even worse. The grammar and spelling is giving me a brain aneurysm, proper dribbler... "just my 2 -sense". Classic malapropism, it's 2 cents, and he clearly has no sense anyway, let alone "2 -sense".