Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

You'd have to be astonishingly bias to think Celtic would beat leicester let alone have anyone get into the starting 11 at present. I mean they thought Benkovic was the best thing ever and he doesn't even make the bench at the minute... Plus newcastle would beat them. With the squad they have now, they'd be relegated. 

1 hour ago, ARTY_FOX said:

You'd have to be astonishingly bias to think Celtic would beat leicester let alone have anyone get into the starting 11 at present. I mean they thought Benkovic was the best thing ever and he doesn't even make the bench at the minute... Plus newcastle would beat them. With the squad they have now, they'd be relegated. 

James Forrest might well get in over Barnes or Perez but even that's highly subjective. Not a chance any others get in even Callum McGregor or Ajer

• Like 1

There are many hot takes on Brendan Rodgers today. A lot of it is recycled. I guess you cant say much more than what's already been said about City and Rodgers. 

Although I'm loving it atm, the build up to next weeks game will be nauseating.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Koke said:

There are many hot takes on Brendan Rodgers today. A lot of it is recycled. I guess you cant say much more than what's already been said about City and Rodgers. 

It'll be all Liverpool to be fair. Most times pundits and media forget who they're playing each week so much is the fawning over Klopp and his side. 

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

Man U fans now discussing him as their next manager.  lol

Edited by Babylon
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

It'll be all Liverpool to be fair. Most times pundits and media forget who they're playing each week so much is the fawning over Klopp and his side. 

I don't think that'll be true this time. 

Or at least, not entirely. It WILL be all about Liverpool and Leicester will be an afterthought but it'll be all about Liverpool Rodgers vs Liverpool Klopp. 

I think we'll lose comfortably and everyone will make out that this now means Liverpool have basically won the league already but yolo. 

Just now, davieG said:

Considering this is Rodgers first return to Anfield and the number of times Liverpool are televised I'm amazed this one's not being broadcast.

They have to fill out the shit team quota early doors so that they can pack the end of the season with the big games. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

They have to fill out the shit team quota early doors so that they can pack the end of the season with the big games. 

Nice not being one of the shit teams :D

I'm just annoyed as I have no internet until 11th Oct so can't stream it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

James Forrest might well get in over Barnes or Perez but even that's highly subjective. Not a chance any others get in even Callum McGregor or Ajer

I would also say his bragging that they made Europa is funny considering most teams in the prem try to avoid it like the plague seemingly. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I don't disagree but I wouldn't be looking forward to a trip up there in the CL group stages for example. 

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I don't disagree but I wouldn't be looking forward to a trip up there in the CL group stages for example.

Nor would I, but that's nothing to do with football and more to do with the fact that, whatever the Cybernats say, it's a domestic tie. :fishing:

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Only for the fact they'd be right up for it but at the same time you would still have to say it's a poor result if we were beaten? 

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Yeah, the place would be a complete bear pit. And yeah, it would still be a bad result if we lost there. 

They'd soon quiet down though as vardy bags the fifth and Brendawg runs up and down the touchline cupping his ears and shushing them though. 

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I don't think that'll be true this time. 

Or at least, not entirely. It WILL be all about Liverpool and Leicester will be an afterthought but it'll be all about Liverpool Rodgers vs Liverpool Klopp. 

I think we'll lose comfortably and everyone will make out that this now means Liverpool have basically won the league already but yolo. 

On balance of probabilities we may well. As long as we put in a good performance our season wont be defined by our away games at Liverpool or Man City, so I wont get overly down if the result is against us. On the flip side, if we get a result, i reserve the right to go mental!

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

They've won every league game this season.

They've won 16 successive league games.

They're a much bigger club than us.

Ergo they get a stack more coverage than us.

Look at yesterday, us winning 5-0 is not THE story in the media.

Newcastle's collapse is a bigger story.

I was on TS breakfast with Brazil and Allardyce - their questions were loaded around Newcastle and I understand that.

I brought it back to how well we played but I knew the 'better line' (from a neutral viewpoint) was the problems at Newcastle.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Look at yesterday, us winning 5-0 is not THE story in the media.

Newcastle's collapse is a bigger story.

I was on TS breakfast with Brazil and Allardyce - their questions were loaded around Newcastle and I understand that.

I brought it back to how well we played but I knew the 'better line' (from a neutral viewpoint) was the problems at Newcastle.

Does that try your patience, Geoff?