Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

2 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

That's kind of crazy because I would have Vardy (5 goals in 7 games), Ricardo (best RB in Europe right now) and Ndidi (more than made up for his gaffe against Chelsea with a string of dominant performances) as ahead of those two. I'd probably have Jonny Evans above them too actually!

Man so many of our team are playing well at the moment, you've got to love it. 

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

That's kind of crazy because I would have Vardy (5 goals in 7 games), Ricardo (best RB in Europe right now) and Ndidi (more than made up for his gaffe against Chelsea with a string of dominant performances) as ahead of those two. I'd probably have Jonny Evans above them too actually!

Man so many of our team are playing well at the moment, you've got to love it. 

Absolutely - it's a shit list, from an increasingly shit site.

But it's a shit list with us in it twice, so I feel I have done my duty.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, turtmcfly said:

Absolutely - it's a shit list, from an increasingly shit site.

But it's a shit list with us in it twice, so I feel I have done my duty.

Who would you say has been our player of the season so far?

Vardy or Riccy P for me, but again so many to choose from. Had Maddison not been injured at the weekend it could have been him, he's gone up a level from last season in my book. Looks a more complete player.

• Like 1

It pisses me off but at the same time i just smile and find a chill spot because i know deep down it irritates the top 6 fans that we are up there. Whether we stay top 6 or not it insights fear into them and I love it because they are jealous we won the league when we shouldn't have. 

Yeah, it’s known as Talkshite for a reason. It’s all about listeners, phone ins and fuching advert revenue. Deliberately over the top bullshit. Listening to it is like a mental enema......

......hmm, forgot what I was about to say. 

7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Vardy or Riccy P for me, but again so many to choose from. Had Maddison not been injured at the weekend it could have been him, he's gone up a level from last season in my book. Looks a more complete player.

Maddison with Ricardo Da Force a close second.

• Like 1

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

Ndidi. Up until recently I've eye-rolled the Kante comparisons. But he's getting better and better, and on Saturday he was different gravy. A move from surprise at what he can do to lovely warm expectation that he'll just do it. 

11 minutes ago, Koke said:

People are obsessed with moving our players and managers on

It is getting frustrating. 

This is how the status quo is maintained. Geoff Peters should be having a word and questioning their motives! 

Isn't Pochetinno a million times better a fit for Utd? Six years worth of CV in the Premier League. Worked under a difficult owner. Can operate without a huge budget. More recent experience of genuine champions league ambitions. 

17 minutes ago, Koke said:

People are obsessed with moving our players and managers on

On the contrary, that Daniel James looks too good for a mid-table side like Yanited, he'll want to be moving to a club playing Champion's League football next year.

Gerrimin, Brendan. :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

It wouldn't happen, but how ****ing glorious would it be if they came knocking and Rodger's said no thanks. Same for our big players to be fair. 

Call me deluded but I think he absolutely would turn it down right now.

Stick Leicester into the top 4 and the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid start to get interested.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Stick Leicester into the top 4 and the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid start to get interested.

I think even for someone as slippery as Rodgers he wouldn’t jump ship just yet, I think we’ll get two full seasons out of him if we carry on progressing at this rate.

Just now, Stadt said:

I think even for someone as slippery as Rodgers he wouldn’t jump ship just yet, I think we’ll get two full seasons out of him if we carry on progressing at this rate.

Yeah don't get me wrong, if someone in good shape needs a new manager then Rodgers is off. I just don't think that Man United are that much of a draw at the moment. He's building his reputation at the moment, a shite start at Man United and that's gone down the drain.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Yanited are on a hiding to nothing at the moment. Leicester have invested in the squad, youth and structure for years now there is a good set up.

Yanited have been living on their past glories, they never really made a plan for after Fergie Left, they didn't stick with his chosen one, they have tried to changes style and mangers several times without a real clear direction of where they are going. Really they are years off of Liverpool and Man City, they have to accept this make a plan and stick with it with a structure from top to bottom. They don't have that, and done seem to want it, they are living in the past of being the greatest biggest club in the world, football and business wise at the moment they are behind Leicester and not just because of the work Rogers has done. 

Any manager going to them now faces the sack in 6 months when they aren't in the Top 4.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

They do have a slight point though, Newcastle were unbelievably shit and we were very disappointing at Old Trafford. 

The media in this country are nuts, few weeks ago we'd have been lucky to finish 9th again, now we've practically got third wrapped up. They're so bipolar and absolutist it's nuts. 

We're in a fight for fourth absolutely but the coverage since the Spurs win has gone nuts. 

And when we lose against Liverpool and West Ham win it'll be about how the Hammers are in a title race and how Leicester were over rated, you can see it now. Everything in extremes. 

But not a single mainstream pundit or outlet has picked up on the key difference between how good we are when we play 4-1-4-1 and when we try and contain the opposition. I know i'm probably being too naïve to think 4-1-4-1 is the answer to all our problems and we are on a one way ticket to the CL again but it irks me that these supposed experts cannot scratch the surface. Is it that hard when measuring us as a team to challenge the top 6 to not simply look at the results and make wild predictions? There is simply no way had we gone to Old Trafford and played Maddison centrally and Barnes or Albrighton on the left that we'd not have got something out of the game, Man Utd are pure dog muck and they've proven that with every game since, where as we have proven with every game since how impressive we can be. Durham should not be using that as the first reason for whether we should be considered a top 6 threat or not, but then that's not his UPS is it. It's to cause huge debate amongst the listeners which he's a master at.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

If Man U came in for Rodgers he'd be gone in a heartbeat lol

And he would be gone in a heart beat from there as soon as results weren't what the Utd fans expect. Back to Swansea or Celtic, it would be a ludicrous decision career wise with them in such disarray. The club is rotten and needs fixing. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

Yeah we lost at Old Trafford, didn’t realise to finish in the top 4 or top 6 you had to win every game. 

Good job nobody is putting Chelsea forward for top four, isn't it, based on that?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wouldn't be so naive to BR wouldn't leave us for Man Utd but his reputation will only be enhanced if he stays here for a couple of years. It's not a good look to walk out on us six months after arriving especially when you would probably come to the conclusion that we arguably have a better squad than Man Utd. 

We also spent £40m and £30m on different players in the summer. There aren't that many players that Man Utd could get that we couldn't in today's game. Success isn't necessarily measured on your spending power but more of how you spend it. 

Man Utd is a long term project to get right whilst we're in the here and now with less expectations. We've never been so close to clubs like Man Utd than we are now as we largely fish in the same waters as them for players. We could have got Dan James if Man Utd weren't interested and they would have took Tielemans in the right circumstances. Players will always choose them over us but we are interested in the same sort of players for a large part. 

• Like 1