Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Who would you say has been our player of the season so far?

Vardy or Riccy P for me, but again so many to choose from. Had Maddison not been injured at the weekend it could have been him, he's gone up a level from last season in my book. Looks a more complete player.

Tough question, purely because there's so many to choose from. Only a few aren't quite on top form at the moment.

Agree re: Maddison. Starting to look the real deal. There's been a couple of times when he's ghosted through a group of defenders with the ball at his feet in the box this season. The skill and confidence needed to do that in the PL is top drawer.

1 hour ago, ARTY_FOX said:

It wouldn't happen, but how ****ing glorious would it be if they came knocking and Rodger's said no thanks. Same for our big players to be fair. 

I genuinely reckon he'd have to think twice about it. It's such a mess that he'd have to consider whether he'd get the huge amount of time and money required to get that team halfway back to competing for trophies again before getting sacked with his reputation damaged. It's not just a tune-up - it's a full-on nuts-and-bolts restoration job.

I doubt whether any manager, let alone one who's just turned up, would have the licence to get rid of players like Pogba or Rashford, who flatter to deceive. Honestly wouldn't want either of them here.

38 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

Those players have as much chance if not more of game time at Man United at the moment.

For how long? Them giving youth a chance is the flavour of the month, when they finish 11th and sack their manager they will be back to going for a big name manager who wants big names players. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Koke said:

People are obsessed with moving our players and managers on

Jason Cundy, now there's a wind-up merchant. And people think Adrian Durham is bad! Cundy is the one who told Leicester to 'stay in your lane' when we were holding out for £80m for Maguire. He also had nothing good to say about us when we beat Sevilla in the CL, and he and Andy Goldstein were at pains to say they didn't want any English side to ever do well in Europe except for the sides they support, even if their side isn't in the competition.

I can see why he thinks BR would be a good fit at Man Utd and it's an indication of how well he's done in a short space of time here. But he just wants big clubs to stay big and everyone else to 'know their place'. Total WUM.

• Like 1

Guest Cujek
6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Just imagine how good that Ricky Riyad right flank double team would have been. 

:cry:

Ricardo would have been doing a lot more defending though so it would equal out imo

On 30/09/2019 at 11:16, davieG said:

Considering this is Rodgers first return to Anfield and the number of times Liverpool are televised I'm amazed this one's not being broadcast.

It’s the 3 o’clock match all over the world except U.K. 😀

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dayday said:

This is why we need to increase the capacity at the KP, ASAP, then the narrow minded pundits will show us more respect.

If ever there was a business case, this is totally it 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Jason Cundy, now there's a wind-up merchant. And people think Adrian Durham is bad! Cundy is the one who told Leicester to 'stay in your lane' when we were holding out for £80m for Maguire. 

Cundy really is an absolute dick head. At least Durham has that sense of playing devil's advocate, sometimes I'll bang talksport on when Cundy's on and all he does is shout his point repeatedly.

Guest Cujek
50 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'm sorry but this is just an absolute load of bull mess that I'm fed up of reading. 

The instructions to Riyad / Simpson was very much clear, one stays forward, one stays back. Riyad was always meant to be in a forward position ready to be the target for an out-ball to start a counter. 

Endless moves in 15/16 and to a lesser extent 16/17 started with a ball straight to Riyad. Riyad who, by the way, got zero support at the other end from Simpson either. 

When actually given instructions to cover back, Mahrez runs his arse off. He's frequently chasing the ball and winning it back at Man City because Pep demands everyone join the press. 

If (its a complete fantasy because he's gone and we're over it - mostly!) he was still here, he'd be grafting back as much as Barnes, Gray and Co as much as Rodgers wanted. 

Geez keep your knickers on love.

Im personally glad he got his dream move and we got a good price for him. 

But you can not deny he often went missing in games here, offset by moments of genius of course. 

But he was certainly not an all action player. 

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Just imagine how good that Ricky Riyad right flank double team would have been. 

:cry:

It'd be painfully top-heavy. They'd score a hatful between them, granted, but let's make no mistake - Riyad benefitted massively from having someone solid behind him in Simpson who rarely left his own half and gave him free reign to go forward. Conversely, Simmo's class was more obvious because the space Mahrez left meant he usually had more to deal with than Fuchs did with the comparatively solid Albrighton as his buffer.

It's no secret that our right wing was weakened the moment that partnership stopped being a regular thing, which is why I'm thankful that we now have a seperate system where our DMF fills in and the man in the "Riyad" position plays an overlap when the full back bombs forward - as Perez, for all his criticism so far, did brilliantly for our first goal on Sunday. I'd say it's only a matter of time until Chilwell gets a goal from a similar passage of play involving Harvey.

On first glance, the goal Ricardo scored was right out of the Mahrez playbook, the cut inside onto the left and the bottom corner finish. But it was a team goal, not a solo effort. Mahrez gets that ball Perez did, he tries to keep hold of it and 9 times out of 10 the Newcastle man muscles him out of possession. Reality is, most of our creative play comes through the middle now, whether that's from Madders or our wingers cutting in for a through ball, which is a key difference to how we used to play, and I don't think that's Riyad's game, save for his admittedly lethal left foot strikes.

I'm honestly over Mahrez - he fits Man City's current system of playing to the byline and cutting back, but he wouldn't fit our more central approach.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I'm sorry but this is just an absolute load of bull mess that I'm fed up of reading. 

The instructions to Riyad / Simpson was very much clear, one stays forward, one stays back. Riyad was always meant to be in a forward position ready to be the target for an out-ball to start a counter. 

Endless moves in 15/16 and to a lesser extent 16/17 started with a ball straight to Riyad. Riyad who, by the way, got zero support at the other end from Simpson either. 

When actually given instructions to cover back, Mahrez runs his arse off. He's frequently chasing the ball and winning it back at Man City because Pep demands everyone join the press. 

If (its a complete fantasy because he's gone and we're over it - mostly!) he was still here, he'd be grafting back as much as Barnes, Gray and Co as much as Rodgers wanted. 

But I thought the problem was that before we had Simpson in to shore up the right flank we started with De Laet, who's forays up field and Mahrez's lack of cover, meant we had to put in the more defensively minded Simpson to allow Mahrez to do Mahrez things and not have to backtrack as much.

Riccy is an upgrade in Richie IMO but it still proves that Mahrez with an attack minded fullback left us exposed at the back. 

11 hours ago, reynard said:

It's Adrian Durham. He's a wind up merchant. Though actually on this occasion there is some truth in what he says. The hype surrounding us is frankly way over the top and way too early in the season. There's a very good chance we will get beaten by Liverpool at the wekend and then we'll be down in around 6th/7th possible if other results go against us. Yes we have some exciting players but they are young in some cases and the season is a 38 game one. We will need to better more consistently to have any chance of the top 4 or 6 in my opinion. Yes we've had some good results but we've not always been that impressive.

My original post pointed out that there was some truth in what he’s saying but it’s more the way he was saying and his tone of voice that was winding me up - super dismissive. But if he’s a wind up merchant then he has succeeded! 

Still nothing wrong with being optimistic and fancying ourselves for top 4. I think we have a great chance over the course of a 38 game season but I guess some people are more naturally pessimistic than others

30 minutes ago, RutlanderFox said:

My original post pointed out that there was some truth in what he’s saying but it’s more the way he was saying and his tone of voice that was winding me up - super dismissive. But if he’s a wind up merchant then he has succeeded! 

Still nothing wrong with being optimistic and fancying ourselves for top 4. I think we have a great chance over the course of a 38 game season but I guess some people are more naturally pessimistic than others

plus he was talking us up pre United game

3 hours ago, LC/FC said:

But I thought the problem was that before we had Simpson in to shore up the right flank we started with De Laet, who's forays up field and Mahrez's lack of cover, meant we had to put in the more defensively minded Simpson to allow Mahrez to do Mahrez things and not have to backtrack as much.

Riccy is an upgrade in Richie IMO but it still proves that Mahrez with an attack minded fullback left us exposed at the back. 

It’s often forgotten the 15/16 full back switch also occurred as a certain N’Golo Kante began to find his feet/place in centre midfield. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jonthefox said:

Time square 

F20334C6-93B6-495E-A578-0C2FF426A200.jpeg

Just saw that on NewsNow!  How cool is that?

We just seem to be getting bigger and bigger. These dizzy heights we are reaching are starting to give me a nose bleed! ;)

10 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

@Jordan

We're ****ing massive!!

Hahaha, and quite literally, too—look at how they’re towering over the street!

I was not expecting to see photos of that this morning, to be honest.

• Like 1