Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

56 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Let’s not kid ourselves.  The ₤500 t-shirts and ₤6K backpacks exist to send the message that the wearer is not one of us.  So they feed the emotional dislike many fans feel for him.  Even codgers like me see plastic on a rich kid’s back that cost as much as our cars, and think dag, a rock has more sense than that boy.

I'm still his staunch defender here -- and have no moral issue with designer gear.  But just in terms of building a public image for a future England international, his agent might want to calm him down on it.  He's hard-working, has good character (Sophie) ...  emphasize that side, and more people will accept if the young man flashes the status on an occasional clubbing night.

OTOH, his agent might prefer him addicted to pricey branded baubles, which could lead to a stronger desire to move to a max-salary branded club at great profit to said agent.

i agree to some extent but i'm of the opinion mostly that people need to mind their own business.

we pay for the tickets, we watch the football. we know the astronomical and quite frankly unjust sums of money in the game yet there we are every saturday fuelling it.

maddison sticking 6k on is back is the least of worries when it comes to football money tbf. 

Edited by lifted*fox
  • Like 4

That Telegraph article is dire. At least what little I read of it was: Got confused by the Tottenham easing ahead line, irritated by the "legend in this part of the East Midlands" (one as though it's not a miraculous story to literally everybody who follows football and many who don't)then I finally gave up at the claim of a "smash and grab title assault", apparently forgetting the remarkable continuous pressure on the teams trying to catch us since before we even reached Christmas.  

6 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

People on here who mock the meltdown on other fan forums (ie The Fighting Cock) clearly don't read stuff here, such as the spectacular over reaction after the Man U loss.

There was no over reaction silly. It was literally the worst thing that has ever happened to leicester city 

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Spurs were top of the table that season for 13 minutes (which is for what it's worth the entire time they have ever spent at the top of the Premier League).

In what way did they control what happened that year?

Did people actually watch what happened?

We went top in February by winning at Man City and stayed there for the rest of the season, with Spurs at arms length pretty much entirely throughout that period. The biggest scare was us drawing to West Ham while they won at Stoke, while they closed the gap to 5 points for a weekend before it returning to 7 the next one, with just 3 games left.

They weren't in control. It's a complete myth.

Confused by this - surely the biggest scare was when they went top, albeit for a little period of time?

18 minutes ago, Langston said:

Confused by this - surely the biggest scare was when they went top, albeit for a little period of time?

There was no scare, there was no fear. The Arsenal away result was a concern but within a week we manhandled Liverpool & Man City away, while Arsenal turned another flaccid performance at Old Trafford. It was plain sailing from then on, we didn't have to look over our shoulder and we didn't lose another game for the rest of the season

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

There was no scare, there was no fear. The Arsenal away result was a concern but within a week we manhandled Liverpool & Man City away, while Arsenal turned another flaccid performance at Old Trafford. It was plain sailing from then on, we didn't have to look over our shoulder and we didn't lose another game for the rest of the season

The Arsenal match came after turning those other 2 over. Apologies if that's what you meant...

9 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

That's not what I'm saying though = Dan's post said the biggest scare was when they beat Stoke - but surely the biggest "scare" was when they actually went top?

11 minutes ago, Langston said:

That's not what I'm saying though = Dan's post said the biggest scare was when they beat Stoke - but surely the biggest "scare" was when they actually went top?

For 13 minutes while a game was still on? No. They drew and we beat Watford later on to go 5 points clear with 8 games left. We were grinding games out when Spurs beat Stoke with only weeks left to go and despite them blowing Stoke away, Dele Alli hiting the post to an open goal summed it up.

19 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

The Arsenal match came after turning those other 2 over. Apologies if that's what you meant...

Yeah I fudged up the timeline. Still stand by saying the closest it felt was when Arsenal beat us, but a week later they flopped at OT. Spurs were and still are total hype.

Edited by Jaspa
  • Like 1

The biggest fear I felt was the week before the famous 13 minutes when we drew 2 all with WBA Albion at home meaning spurs could go top of they won the next day day but they lost to West ham away and arsenal lost to Swansea instead of loosing ground we were 3 points clear of spurs and  6 points clear of arsenal. Then a few days later Arsenal and spurs drew and we beat Watford. Looking back that was probably the most pivotal 7 days of the campaign although we were so good and so relentless that year I honestly believe we would have won it even if the North London clubs managed to put on some pressure.

Edited by The whole world smiles
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Babylon said:

"Back when Tottenham were the best team in the country they were beaten to the league title by Leicester."

My goodness, reading that induced in me an involuntary spasm of pure rage, the magnitude of which projected a cloud of vaporised single malt from my lips that significantly dampened my poor cat. 

• Like 1

If I was Leicester manager Brendan Rodgers I would be rubbing my hands together and thinking what a brilliant opportunity I have got this season.

While Liverpool and Manchester City are miles ahead of everyone else at the top of the table, the other teams who are usually in the chasing pack have all got major issues.

The Foxes are the 'best of the rest' in third place at the moment, and they should be seriously thinking they can stay there.

Rodgers targeted the top six over the summer and from what we have seen so far, his side not only have a brilliant chance of making it, the top four is a real possibility for them too.

They definitely should not be scared of Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United or Tottenham, because their recent performances have shown us there is absolutely nothing to fear.

Leicester 2-1 Tottenham: Brendan Rodgers praises 'outstanding' Foxes

'Spurs have got a softness about them'

Leicester played poorly when they lost to United last week. However, they showed their qualities when they beat Tottenham on Saturday and deserved the three points.

Spurs 'soft', Man Utd 'dismal' - Alan Shearer on why Leicester can make top four
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49791445

image.gif

35 minutes ago, TK95 said:

The only thing Tottenham "bottled" that season was 2nd place.

Thoroughly outclassed by us to the title.

And how annoying is it that you still get some so-called pundits saying they were unlucky. Still can't get over the fact they were all made to look like mugs because they just couldt quite comprehend or explain what was happening. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

People on here who mock the meltdown on other fan forums (ie The Fighting Cock) clearly don't read stuff here, such as the spectacular over reaction after the Man U loss.

*trawls Geoff's FoxesTalk posting history and twitter feed in attempt to prove him guilty of the same thing*

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Babylon said:

Is there any reason why the person who wrote things keeps going on about spurs going ahead and us taking advantage of a late failing and linking that to 2015-2016? You know, a season where we were pretty much constantly ahead of them for the entire season and didn't rely on them flopping to win the league. Bizarre. 

There seems to be a bit of history revising going on in the press at the minute, like this doozy from The Athletic... "Back when Tottenham were the best team in the country they were beaten to the league title by Leicester."

Mudder o Jaysus that's ****ing ludicrous.

Best team in the country?

We took 4 ****ing points off them. They were ahead of us in the league for literally 90 ****ing seconds.

Even in the FA Cup, as per usual, they bottled a 1-0 lead against us until they got an absolutely absurd penalty.

Even Wasilewski and Shinji scored.

And then we put out a midfield with Drinkwater, King and ****ing Inler for the replay.

**** Spurs and **** the media.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

tottenham weren’t in a title race, they were just the team closest to us for the run in. We were a machine that year and no one could keep up.  

They were chasing a lost cause. They kept winning but the gap remained the same.

8 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

The biggest fear I felt was the week before the famous 13 minutes when we drew 2 all with WBA Albion at home meaning spurs could go top of they won the next day day but they lost to West ham away and arsenal lost to Swansea instead of loosing ground we were 3 points clear of spurs and  6 points clear of arsenal. Then a few days later Arsenal and spurs drew and we beat Watford. Looking back that was probably the most pivotal 7 days of the campaign although we were so good and so relentless that year I honestly believe we would have won it even if the North London clubs managed to put on some pressure.

Agree. When we drew to WBA on the Tuesday I thought we had blown it because Spurs were a pretty ruthless side that season. Luckily they lost to West Ham the very next day whilst Arsenal were on suicide watch due to losing at home to Swansea, so we somehow gained a point. Spurs & Arsenal then drew next matchday and we beat Watford and we never looked back.

When they demolished Stoke I was a bit worried because we had both Man Utd and Chelsea away coming up. But not overly worried.

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

As it stood we were persistently not playing to our strengths with two DCM's and Maddison on the wing and it was infuriating. Low and behold the shackles come off vs Spurs and yet again we put in a performance and get the win, that's why the majority of fans were getting annoyed. 

As I said, I could understand the disappointment. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Manini said:

As I said, I could understand the disappointment. 

I'm as guilty as most, I was getting to the point where I was very concerned with his thought process. Yet just one game against a top side playing the system that 90% of the time we've played well and my mind is at ease again. It's not rational but being a football fan makes you fcukin nuts at times.