Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

He would obviously leave us but I do think he will stay at least til the end of this season, it's a bit different to Celtic as he had nothing else to achieve there (and no a treble treble is not a real thing)

5 minutes ago, Koke said:

Rodgers left Celtic and he would leave us if s better opportunity came along. 

I'm sure he would but it's important to consider timing. He left Celtic mid season as he had achieved everything he wanted and could achieve realistically there, he was waiting for a good opportunity to come back to the PL. Ideally he'd have liked to leave last summer but at the risk of missing the opportunity to come to us he made the move. He will have his sights on another top job in the PL, but right now he wouldn't take any job at one of the supposed big clubs just for the sake of it.

45 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Call me deluded but I think he absolutely would turn it down right now.

Stick Leicester into the top 4 and the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid start to get interested.

I hope you're right because I think his resolve will be tested before the seasons out. I hope the lure of doing something special with leicester is enough to keep him here. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

I've no doubt Rodgers came to us to prove himself in England again with the chance to get a bigger club job but I would hope the situation arises further down the line. Feels strange to have a manager spoken about in terms of moving on positively rather than him going because he's crap or the fans and players have had enough.

I still think clubs are looking for higher profile candidates currently.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I wouldn't be so naive to BR wouldn't leave us for Man Utd but his reputation will only be enhanced if he stays here for a couple of years. It's not a good look to walk out on us six months after arriving especially when you would probably come to the conclusion that we arguably have a better squad than Man Utd. 

We also spent £40m and £30m on different players in the summer. There aren't that many players that Man Utd could get that we couldn't in today's game. Success isn't necessarily measured on your spending power but more of how you spend it. 

Man Utd is a long term project to get right whilst we're in the here and now with less expectations. We've never been so close to clubs like Man Utd than we are now as we largely fish in the same waters as them for players. We could have got Dan James if Man Utd weren't interested and they would have took Tielemans in the right circumstances. Players will always choose them over us but we are interested in the same sort of players for a large part. 

Whilst much of what you say I wouldnt have an issue with, the sentence in bold I do .....

I don’t believe that yanited were seriously in for YT in the summer. If they had been then he would have chosen them ......

i dont believe that any player would choose to come to Lcfc rather than Man Utd ..... perhaps if we made CL and they didn’t then it’s a possibility but even that’s a stretch for me to consider .... perhaps you meant something a little different to how I have interpreted??

17 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I wouldn't be so naive to BR wouldn't leave us for Man Utd but his reputation will only be enhanced if he stays here for a couple of years. It's not a good look to walk out on us six months after arriving especially when you would probably come to the conclusion that we arguably have a better squad than Man Utd. 

We also spent £40m and £30m on different players in the summer. There aren't that many players that Man Utd could get that we couldn't in today's game. Success isn't necessarily measured on your spending power but more of how you spend it. 

Man Utd is a long term project to get right whilst we're in the here and now with less expectations. We've never been so close to clubs like Man Utd than we are now as we largely fish in the same waters as them for players. We could have got Dan James if Man Utd weren't interested and they would have took Tielemans in the right circumstances. Players will always choose them over us but we are interested in the same sort of players for a large part. 

Woah nelly... if they want to they can still outbid any club in the world and can offer financial package 5 times what our top players earns. There is a certain profile of player who should think long and hard about whether a team like Leicester or Man U is the correct next step. But realistically, that's a fairly narrow band of players (young, working their way up, who need game time and a stable environment to grow). Everyone is most probably picking them because they will earn ridiculous amounts more and can say they played for them. 

On the plus side, Rodgers seems very relaxed and enjoying being with us. I think after spells at clubs with great stature and huge fanbases and traditions, he can get on with a role that has a very talented squad, supportive owners, a generally supportive fanbase and expectations, internally at least, that aren't all consuming.

It has been noticed that he has toned down the "Brentan" stuff and nothing particularly outlandish has been said since he joined.

We would like BR to make a public commitment to our club given the current ‘chat’ out there ........ but why would he?  He wouldn’t want to make it difficult for himself should a huge European job come up next summer and I’m sure he would like an improved deal here ..... sad indictment of the current  game where even the managers have to play the same game as the players when it comes to their futures. 

Of course privately he may well have re assured important members of the playing squad of his intentions to be around for a fair while - otherwise he can expect little loyalty from them aswell ...

I just hope that the club make sure that Rodgers isn’t left wondering at any point  if he might be better off being better rewarded and more appreciated elsewhere ...... 

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Whilst much of what you say I wouldnt have an issue with, the sentence in bold I do .....

I don’t believe that yanited were seriously in for YT in the summer. If they had been then he would have chosen them ......

i dont believe that any player would choose to come to Lcfc rather than Man Utd ..... perhaps if we made CL and they didn’t then it’s a possibility but even that’s a stretch for me to consider .... perhaps you meant something a little different to how I have interpreted??

That's not what I said though. I fully accept no one is going to pick us over Man Utd and I ridiculed anyone who thought Maguire wouldn't leave us or Tielemans wouldn't have joined them over us if given the option. 

The point I was making that in a large part we're in the same market for the same players. We're not going to get a Pogba obviously but Dan James would have come here if Man Utd weren't interested. Tielemans also was a possible Man Utd target also but came here when they didn't pull the trigger. 

20 years a go we were never linked with the same players but nowadays it's not a surprise to see us linked with the same players. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I like to think there are some people who work for talkSPORT who speak sensibly about LCFC :ph34r:

I hope you're not talking about that Geoff Peters bloke. He's got two first names for crying out loud. You should never trust a man with two first names.

Except for Brendan Rogers perhaps.

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Yanited are on a hiding to nothing at the moment. Leicester have invested in the squad, youth and structure for years now there is a good set up.

Yanited have been living on their past glories, they never really made a plan for after Fergie Left, they didn't stick with his chosen one, they have tried to changes style and mangers several times without a real clear direction of where they are going. Really they are years off of Liverpool and Man City, they have to accept this make a plan and stick with it with a structure from top to bottom. They don't have that, and done seem to want it, they are living in the past of being the greatest biggest club in the world, football and business wise at the moment they are behind Leicester and not just because of the work Rogers has done. 

Any manager going to them now faces the sack in 6 months when they aren't in the Top 4.

Bet they could still come and cherry pick our players though.

16 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Woah nelly... if they want to they can still outbid any club in the world and can offer financial package 5 times what our top players earns. There is a certain profile of player who should think long and hard about whether a team like Leicester or Man U is the correct next step. But realistically, that's a fairly narrow band of players (young, working their way up, who need game time and a stable environment to grow). Everyone is most probably picking them because they will earn ridiculous amounts more and can say they played for them. 

Those players have as much chance if not more of game time at Man United at the moment.

But they should still join us from a career perspective so they don't close the door on potential Liverpool/Man City moves.

16 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I like to think there are some people who work for talkSPORT who speak sensibly about LCFC :ph34r:

I’m sure there are. As you work there it’s a difficult one. Having listened a few times though it is abundantly apparent that many of the presenters are deliberately antagonistic and confrontational. I think they spout stuff they don’t believe just to stir controversy. My opinion only. 

While I don’t deny that Rodgers probably has his heart set on managing one of the giants  I don’t believe he would walk out this early into a project when he has backing and support he has from the club, and the clubs ambition to propel itself up a level.

People seem to think he just packed his bags and ****ed off, celtic were approached a permission given, and 9m compensation paid. Also, if what was rumoured at the time is true that a deal had already been done for him to come in the summer but Rudkin went back and wanted him sooner. 

What we don’t know is if celtic said no, he’s going nowhere, would he have walked out then? 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I have to say I really respect that you get involved on Foxes Talk. Whilst we have our share of delusional types on here, for the most part I think this is a very good forum with great posters that reflect the views of most supporters. There are plenty on here that go to every home and away game too, so it's not just armchair pundits. That you make a matter of visiting this site to get a finger on the pulse along with your other duties is admirable, and I think other pundits should look to do the same. 

• Like 3

Guest Markyblue
1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

I have to say I really respect that you get involved on Foxes Talk. Whilst we have our share of delusional types on here, for the most part I think this is a very good forum with great posters that reflect the views of most supporters. There are plenty on here that go to every home and away game too, so it's not just armchair pundits. That you make a matter of visiting this site to get a finger on the pulse along with your other duties is admirable, and I think other pundits should look to do the same. 

Yea get Chris Sutton on here, love to have a conversation with him.

46 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It did the rounds that Youri's agent wanted him to hold out for Man Utd, especially given Pogba might have been off but Tielemans demanded he sort the Leicester move out. He was petrified of having to go to that dump.

• Haha 1