Jump to content
irishfoxkev

Will Vardy’s Record be equaled or broken

Recommended Posts

As we welcome a return of Premier League action just wondering what people’s views are on whether Jamie’s record of 11 goals in 11 consecutive premier league games will be threatened this season.....Plenty of potential candidates playing for good teams such as Salah ,Aguero,Sterling, Kane Lukaku etc....

What  odds on the man himself coming back from suspension really fired up, totally committed to Leicester, bagging a brace on Saturday  as a start to a run that equals or betters his own record.....Wouldn’t that be sweet to show the Spurs dominated England squad what they’re missing 🦊🦊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will  be broken at some point, whether this season or next.  You would have to say aguero/kane/salah are prime candidates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All records are made to be broken, i doubt it will be any of the current crop, simply because the odds are against it. eventually it will happen.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will get broken yes! This season though, probably not!

Van Nistelrooy's '10 in a row' had stood for 12 years before that, and I'd be thinking that, even though there are more 'quality' strikers in the PL now than there were a decade ago, JVs record will stand for a while yet!

I reckon too, that when it DOES go, the player concerned will beat it the 'Ruud' way, (end of one season/start of next) ……. the '11 in a  single season' could last for years and years ! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Salah or Aguero could break it from the current Prem teams, just because of the number of chances both teams create most games. However, Vardy's record is something really special, where he had to take most of the chances that were presented to him in that 11 game run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jimmy Dunne holds the overall record at the top level including the football league, his 12th goal was scored on January 1st 1932. 

 

No one has equalled that in 86 years. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I doubt it will. As livid says the record of 12 is still standing after 86 years. When Van Nistelrooy set the premier league record of 10 it was over two season, he had a summer break in the middle. Vardy needed a couple of games where a penalty got him the goal he needed. I just don't think a player can consistently score that regularly without a tiny bit of luck along the way. A few players have reached 8 games over the years, so I think players will get close, but nobody will reach 12.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Still annoyed he missed that one-on-one vs Swansea. 12 was right there and he fluffed it.

At the same time I was pleased he was unselfish and played Ryiad in for his hatrick. Showed what team ethic we had in that season.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Still annoyed he missed that one-on-one vs Swansea. 12 was right there and he fluffed it.

It wasn't to be and eleven was the number. We walked all over Swansea that day, also had a goal which was miles offside allowed after Mahrez could've handled his first of that hattrick.

 

On Vardy's record though - it's a huge thing, all of the top strikers & stratospherically good players of the Premier League era haven't been able to do what Vards has, Ruud was an absolute beast when he got his 10th and we've seen Torres, Drogba, Aguero, Suarez, Ronaldo, Rooney just to pick a few who haven't been able to match Ruud let alone go one extra. Not to say it's impossible; things happen, but hopefully the magnitude of Vardy's achievement is proven by time, standing up to spirited challenges and lasting a good time longer with no fear concerning it, if anyone gets it they've earned the record and deserve the mantle, Leicester City player or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

It wasn't to be and eleven was the number. We walked all over Swansea that day, also had a goal which was miles offside allowed after Mahrez could've handled his first of that hattrick.

 

On Vardy's record though - it's a huge thing, all of the top strikers & stratospherically good players of the Premier League era haven't been able to do what Vards has, Ruud was an absolute beast when he got his 10th and we've seen Torres, Drogba, Aguero, Suarez, Ronaldo, Rooney just to pick a few who haven't been able to match Ruud let alone go one extra. Not to say it's impossible; things happen, but hopefully the magnitude of Vardy's achievement is proven by time, standing up to spirited challenges and lasting a good time longer with no fear concerning it, if anyone gets it they've earned the record and deserve the mantle, Leicester City player or not.

100% this!!!

 

Based on how many world class players have failed to do it.  the chances are very slim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Surely harry kane can get previous fixtures shuffled so he can break the record...

Yes he has a great chance to do it this season...especially if one ot two of his team mates score some of them for him.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bayfox said:

At the same time I was pleased he was unselfish and played Ryiad in for his hatrick. Showed what team ethic we had in that season.

You're thinking of a different thing. He was put clean through on goal in the first half and shot straight at the keeper. Yes was good of him not to shoot and lay it on for the 3rd as well though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we’re slowly getting to a time where a team’s best striker is lucky to play 11 games in a row what with being rested, getting injured and squad rotation/depth. let alone score in 11 games in a row. so no. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As Ruud Van Nistelrooy said himself records are there to be broken, but I can't see anyone doing it any time soon. it was such an unbelievable feat to achieve that it will take some doing!. whoever does break it will definitely have deserved it as it is such a hard thing to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

You're thinking of a different thing. He was put clean through on goal in the first half and shot straight at the keeper. Yes was good of him not to shoot and lay it on for the 3rd as well though.

I know they are 2 different things. But was just praising his unselfishness when he could have gone for the personal glory again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×