Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Huddersfield H post match thread 3-1

2 minutes ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

I saw a post on here but then lost it and couldn’t be arsed to scroll back. To the guy who doesn’t see the point in Mendy, did you see Ndidi today. I love Wilf and believe he will become great but for all the good he brings, once again his passing was atrocious. I think I honestly could pass well more consistently than him. I really hope this improves as I want him to become immense and believe if he sorts this out he will do.

basically my point is that I think Mendy is looking great at the moment.

I think it's fair to disagree (Ndidi for one is superior in break up play or in the air), but to agree on one point: with both of them in midfield we stifle the forward thrust, as they basically play the same role. I don't like both of them playing together. At least as long as the wings aren't a more effective offensive channel.

Any moaners today?

Good win, good performance overall, job done.

Defensively we looked better balanced today, fair play to Big Dan Amartey, he was excellent. Maguire was back to his best, great defending to deny Depoitre in the second half. Going forward when we click we're a very good side, at times I thought it was all a bit too centrally, we lacked width especially on the left, we tried to play through the middle far too many times but the final ball wasn't on.

Plenty of positives though, as I already said Amartey was excellent, Maddison when he was able to pick the ball up in space was class, MOTM though today was clearly Iheanacho, one of his best performances for us.

We got the balance right today especially defensively, we must do this against better teams though.

Roll on Newcastle.

• Like 2

I still think Puel's starting team and tactics were wrong, hence the poor first half and yet another slow start.

It does nothing to ease many of my fears over the manager but it was satisfying to see us win and move up to 8th. It's a good starting base to kick on from.

Thought Maddison was immense yet again and Iheanacho had some great moments. His overall play is erratic, but you can't argue with a good goal and a great assist.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Marutimon said:

I think it's fair to disagree (Ndidi for one is superior in break up play or in the air), but to agree on one point: with both of them in midfield we stifle the forward thrust, as they basically play the same role. I don't like both of them playing together. At least as long as the wings aren't a more effective offensive channel.

I echo this, there’s nothing wrong with the way Mendy is playing, but we don’t need it as we have N’didi.... they literally do the same job, it’s like having two chefs in a kitchen and neither of them can make desserts.... We lack any kind of forward thinking creativity in the centre of the park, which results in the majority of our play being “patient” rather than looking for those killer passes into the likes of Maddison. 

Sometimes even if players are playing well you have to be ruthless in order to benefit the team, and I think the one thing that is really letting us down is the lack of creativity from the midfield. I’d like to see Iborra or Silva given a go in there. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

44 minutes ago, Marutimon said:

Ndidi did tremendously today (6 tackles, several of them were really key). Mendy was the weak link. 

Sure re Ndidi playing well, passing still awful tho, far worse than Mendy.

Edited by vanity
  • Like 1

It was what I expected, Huddersfield were ultra defensive, even more so after going ahead so we had to be patient. We got the win, with key players getting on the scoresheet. 

Mendy excellent again, Ndidi got better after a poor first 20, Maguire back to his excellent self, Amartey did nothing wrong but I still think Ricardo should have played this particular game as he was barely tested. 

Some really nice link up play between Iheanacho, vardy and Maddison even though they got in each others way at times. Thought Ghezzal was ok first half but Gray definitely made a difference. 

Players are behind Puel, even if the fans aren’t. 

By Mantej Mann

BBC Sport

• 16 minutes ago
  • From the section Premier League
  • Second-half goals from James Maddison and Jamie Vardy saw Leicester end a run of three consecutive defeats and claim only their second win of the Premier League season.

The BBC's fair portrayal of us continues I see. Terrible journalism. :angry:

Edited by Kendal Fox

2 minutes ago, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

We lack any kind of forward thinking creativity in the centre of the park

I disagree. I think Mendy is a positive player. In defensive areas I think he plays safe but his passing when inside the opponent's half is often forward, direct to feet and incisive. He was involved in a number of quick and inventive sequences of passes today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, bovril said:

Concerned my energy plan is about to expire.

No Polish woman though. Just you it seems... :whistle:

I think she just really, really wanted a date with me and she looked fantastic in the picture. Weird that she didn't want to see what I look like before agreeing to the date though. 

I've sent her my bank details as a sign of good faith.

I'm surprised you didn't get a Beautiful Polish Women approach you. Apparently there are hundreds of Polish women looking for love.

Edited by Paddy.
  • Haha 1