Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Huddersfield H post match thread 3-1

Was a bit confused when I saw the team, but made a lot of sense when it got going.

Thought we passed the ball around nicely, kept it well minus a handful of loose passed. 

Defence still looked suspect at times but overall not too bad. 

Was nice to see us play with a bit of pace and intensity during parts of the game. 

Overall a good win! 

• Like 1

Decent result. Hard to guage too much from that as they look destined for relegation but good to see us play 2 up top. Lots of positives considering the age of the squad and losing Mahrez in the summer. Maddison was class again really can see him being an England regular if he keeps on going as he is. Mendy is like a new signing he's been very impressive so far. Madders and Kelechi scoring was great to see. Albrighton and Okazaki both bring so much energy great options to have available to bring on when the opposition is tiring. And got to see Shinjis smile, good day at the office.

22 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Working on downloading the video but highlights are here if you scroll down slightly and you're not tempted by the offer of a date a Beautiful Polish Woman.

https://highlightsfootball.com/video/leicester-city-vs-huddersfield-town-highlights-2/

Thanks for the link but.........those adverts for beautiful polish women are based on an algorithm from your search history ??

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Ricey said:

I still think Puel's starting team and tactics were wrong, hence the poor first half and yet another slow start.

It does nothing to ease many of my fears over the manager but it was satisfying to see us win and move up to 8th. It's a good starting base to kick on from.

Thought Maddison was immense yet again and Iheanacho had some great moments. His overall play is erratic, but you can't argue with a good goal and a great assist.

This

19 minutes ago, Ricey said:

I still think Puel's starting team and tactics were wrong, hence the poor first half and yet another slow start.

It does nothing to ease many of my fears over the manager but it was satisfying to see us win and move up to 8th. It's a good starting base to kick on from.

Thought Maddison was immense yet again and Iheanacho had some great moments. His overall play is erratic, but you can't argue with a good goal and a great assist.

Just sit it out...and the job will become vacant...

In about 6 yrs time.    ..amazing...how many started,with great selection from Puel....goal goes in!!!! Crap selection.

We score, ...only Huddersfield.!!...Madison brilliant,Why for fks say why if hudders are crap....

I

.oh!!!!!   fk, it it's pathetic,!!!  I can't be bothered with this senile..point scoring,just to get Puel....sacked..it's sick!!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mint23 said:

Thanks for the link but.........those adverts for beautiful polish women are based on an algorithm from your search history ??

I know mate lol That was kind of the joke to be honest.

I'm not ashamed. Not sure where the 'Polish' bit came from though. 

Edited by Paddy.
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Marutimon said:

Ndidi did tremendously today (6 tackles, several of them were really key). Mendy was the weak link. 

I thought Mendy was very good again today. Having a great start to the season so far. Always amazes me how different people can view the same game completely opposite.  

1 hour ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

A game we should win and did win. Still not convinced with us overall somehow. This team is really confusing me atm

A young team transitioning the type of football they play and a club undergoing a big rotation in players...

I’d say expect a highly inconsistent and often frustrating team that show glimpses of both great and shocking play in almost equal order. I expect a few more Bournemouth style performances this season but also one or two where we look fantastic. And I think that is ok for this season as our younger players develop. If we still play like this next season then I think it will be time to get worried. 

I think so far the season is probably going about as expected for us. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Marutimon said:

Maddison, Iheanacho superb

Ndidi, Vardy, Chilwell, Maguire good

Surprisingly strong shift by Amartey - defensively much better than Ricardo and his recovery rate was immense.

Gray the best I've seen him play, but still no end product.

This may not be a popular opinion but Mendy was terrible IMHO. He can't read the game, lost several balls in key areas, barely ever wins the ball. poor passer. Don't see the point.

I’d say you were watching a completely different game.

Just because we play possession based football, it doesn't mean we can't  counter attack. Yes the open play goals were both from the counter, but that's as Huddersfield parked all 11 behind the ball and squashed the middle, making passing through them difficult. We did manage to do it on a few occasions though. 

We looked comfortable and played well. The front 4 looked a lot better with Gray adding directness and width to the RHS 

Did chuckle at Stringer' s commentary of Maddison's free-kick being top corner, was poor keeping in all honesty rather than corner placement

:whistle:

57 minutes ago, Matt said:

Disappointed we won...cos’ that’s what people wanna hear ain’t it...:rolleyes: 

(For the record if the :blink: reactions to this post are due to the above comment, I was being sarcastic due to comments thoughout the week...Does that shit really need explaining?! If the reactions aren’t to that comment answers on a postcard please. @KingsX @baldeagle)

Seriously though, we won, great, but for 70% (roughly, guessing) I was bored to tears, arm propping head up. Sideways, sideways.

For the rest of the game it was actually quite good, forward, direct passes, counter attacking (and I accept you have to be patient in the build up and wait for opportunities to counter attack), attacking period.

On the counter attacking point, did anyone notice Puel when we scored the first goal? He fucking hated it. Seriously.

I don’t think I’m the only one who noticed him in one of the games (can’t remember which one) towards last season when we seemed to revert to the “old” style and we looked good, really good and Puel looked so disinterested, looking at the ground, kicking air, arms on hips, proper depressed I actually claimed he looked like he knew his future and it was a dead man walking type demeanour. It was the same today regards the first goal, he fucking hated it.

This takes the cake in terms of unreasonable Puel bashing. Some of the criticisms of him I can understand to a point but claiming he hated it when we scored is just wow....  

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Matt said:

Disappointed we won...cos’ that’s what people wanna hear ain’t it...:rolleyes: 

(For the record if the :blink: reactions to this post are due to the above comment, I was being sarcastic due to comments thoughout the week...Does that shit really need explaining?! If the reactions aren’t to that comment answers on a postcard please. @KingsX @baldeagle)

Seriously though, we won, great, but for 70% (roughly, guessing) I was bored to tears, arm propping head up. Sideways, sideways.

For the rest of the game it was actually quite good, forward, direct passes, counter attacking (and I accept you have to be patient in the build up and wait for opportunities to counter attack), attacking period.

On the counter attacking point, did anyone notice Puel when we scored the first goal? He fucking hated it. Seriously.

I don’t think I’m the only one who noticed him in one of the games (can’t remember which one) towards last season when we seemed to revert to the “old” style and we looked good, really good and Puel looked so disinterested, looking at the ground, kicking air, arms on hips, proper depressed I actually claimed he looked like he knew his future and it was a dead man walking type demeanour. It was the same today regards the first goal, he fucking hated it.

Nothing to do with the top comment I knew that was sarcasm . 

Its the in depth totally twaddle about Puel hating us scoring a counter attack goal . 

Puel 1 - 0 Foxestalk "puel lost the plot what the **** is that team" experts. 

Great win. Sloppy goal but apart from that we ran the show. Maddison, Vardy and Iheanacho worked great together. Only negative for me is I found Ndidi very frustrating.

Transferred Maddison in on fpl and it is points galore.