Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Daniel Amartey

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

I really like him. An proper unit and very comfortable on the ball - he passes my own personal litmus test of a player....is he prepared to accept the ball under pressure? 

He don't take the easy option either. 

That said, if I was him, I'd be keen for a move away to a half decent European club. He's got the profile and CV to get himself a decent move. Pop him in the  Bundesliga or serie A club and he'd rip it up. 

I quite like him as a player but I’d say comfortable on the ball is a stretch 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I quite like him as a player but I’d say comfortable on the ball is a stretch 

Not that I particularly rate him massively myself but do genuinely believe a large stint in the team would allow him to show more quality on the ball. Odd stints in different positions, partnered with a clear lack of confidence since he’s been here makes him so nervous on the ball and often painful to watch. Few games under his belt and a bit of confidence and think we’d see a completely new player. Maybe.

Injury came at a bad time for him really, can’t see a way back in now. Don’t think he’s anywhere near good enough to dislodge any of the current centre mids, centre backs or right backs unfortunately. Might even find himself being back up to the back ups at this stage..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TJB-fox said:

Not that I particularly rate him massively myself but do genuinely believe a large stint in the team would allow him to show more quality on the ball. Odd stints in different positions, partnered with a clear lack of confidence since he’s been here makes him so nervous on the ball and often painful to watch. Few games under his belt and a bit of confidence and think we’d see a completely new player. Maybe.

Injury came at a bad time for him really, can’t see a way back in now. Don’t think he’s anywhere near good enough to dislodge any of the current centre mids, centre backs or right backs unfortunately. Might even find himself being back up to the back ups at this stage..

Agreed, it’s hard to show what you can do in limited appearances but you can tell he’s a capable utility man but I’ve seen enough to know he’s adequate but not comfortable on the ball

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

I'm gonna sound contradictory here but i largely agree with you and his obvious nerves ....but I reckon on a more optimistic view.

In spite of the nerves, I saw in his little run at RB last year a player still willing to accept the ball and still willing to take the difficult decisions to keep possession (I.e take an extra touch and move inside the defending winger)....normal.behaviour for nerves is to boot the ball down the line and/or pass back to the keeper.

That all said, I still think his personal development would benefit from.a.move to a league a notch down in standard (Germany or Italy).... But that'd involve a hefty pay cut at a guess

2 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Watching the video on Instagram, it's just a weird pair of trousers.

I think that was the joke.

I reckon there is are apples for BR and Kolo in that YSL wallet he is carrying.  Are those rascal trousers from the Sheep Club Shop?

The thing that always impressed with big Dan (apart form his lovely face) is that, given time, he has imporved in every position we have played him in.  He genuinely seems to have an amazing attitude and work ethic and gives his all.  He is also an absolute beast which helps.  Unfortunately we have the best right back in the league and numerous CBs and DCMs but I really hope we find a role for him.  He is a perfect squad player and culd even push himself into the first team if opportunities arose.  Happy to have him around if he is happy to fight for a place/sit on the bench sometimes.  X

X

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

The thing that always impressed with big Dan (apart form his lovely face) is that, given time, he has imporved in every position we have played him in.  He genuinely seems to have an amazing attitude and work ethic and gives his all.  He is also an absolute beast which helps.  Unfortunately we have the best right back in the league and numerous CBs and DCMs but I really hope we find a role for him.  He is a perfect squad player and culd even push himself into the first team if opportunities arose.  Happy to have him around if he is happy to fight for a place/sit on the bench sometimes.  X

X

I think he needs to go, for his own sake as well as ours.  I don't think he is good enough technically for Rogers and as you say, we have good depth in the squad for the positions he covers with Justin's arrival.

I think if we could get a good fee and free up some wages, it would be best for us and also for him to reignite his career if we said goodbye, lovely face notwithstanding.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, murphy said:

I think he needs to go, for his own sake as well as ours.  I don't think he is good enough technically for Rogers and as you say, we have good depth in the squad for the positions he covers with Justin's arrival.

I think if we could get a good fee and free up some wages, it would be best for us and also for him to reignite his career if we said goodbye, lovely face notwithstanding.

Yeah, for his own sake he may be best to move but I selfishly want him to stay but I like the cut of his jib.

• Like 1

He'd be ideal in a smaller squad as he can cover RB, CB and CDM.

With the signing of James Justin and Mendy, Choudhury, Benkovic, Soyuncu and Morgan still in the squad he appears to be well down the pecking order to play in one of his positions. At 24 he probably needs to nail down a position as well as a place otherwise he'll be forever known as a jack of all trades master of none. 

If Maguire and Mendy got sold this window I'd happily keep him as there's a lot I like about him. He's a very good athlete and I think there is a player in there but I fell he'll stagnate here this coming season with an overloaded squad. 

• Like 1

Forgot all about Amartey since Brendan arrived.

He strikes me as being a jack of all trades and master of none. It's telling that none of our 2016 signings became established first team players and there are better options in any position he could play. I suspect that Amartey's time with us will peter out. He's a squad player at best for me.

1 hour ago, Blue ROI said:

Forgot all about Amartey since Brendan arrived.

He strikes me as being a jack of all trades and master of none. It's telling that none of our 2016 signings became established first team players and there are better options in any position he could play. I suspect that Amartey's time with us will peter out. He's a squad player at best for me.

The big problem for Amartey is that he hasn’t just got one position to focus on, like you say he’s seen as a utility man. I’d like to see him loaned out to a Championship side with him playing centre back.  

50 minutes ago, J.Lisemore said:

The big problem for Amartey is that he hasn’t just got one position to focus on, like you say he’s seen as a utility man. I’d like to see him loaned out to a Championship side with him playing centre back.  

Personally i would like to see him on the right side in a back three - that would be his best position. Sadly we don't play three at the back.

2 minutes ago, Post Horn Galloper said:

Personally i would like to see him on the right side in a back three - that would be his best position. Sadly we don't play three at the back.

Its a shame as we have some of the best wing backs around as well to make it work

• Like 1

It would be great to have him in the squad this year. He is only young and has been unfortunate with having to play in a few different positions and injuries. He should be a useful squad member who wont complain being so this year. He is obviously an intelligent football player, reads the game well, and just need to get a few games under his belt. I agree with many of you though that he is good across a number of positions but not the best we have in any. He is closest to Hamza but Hamza is a better passer. He can also play CB but is not as solid as Evans (I think he is better than Maguire defensively).