Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Daniel Amartey

15 minutes ago, wokinghamfox said:

We could just play Danny Simpson, I can see little difference between Amarty and Simpson other than Simmo makes less mistakes.

Amartey doesnt just give the ball to the other team every time he gets it. He takes a moment to find the right pass, when Simpson just twats it to nobody under no pressure.

• Haha 1

He needed a run of games to get up to speed, now he's cutting out most of the mistakes and is imposing himself on opposition. Year and half ago we were all bickering about what his best position was, RB, CB or CDM, chop changed him about, didn't get a game for months at times and when he did it'd be shoehorned into a makeshift injury ridden defence next to Fuchs at CB to play against Kane, Son & Eriksen.

Still 23 years old, getting the games in now and probably will continue to unless Ricardo figures out how to defend. Hope his lucks in and a hammy doesn't go twang again, he's stepping up

He has improved dramatically, mostly down to confidence I’d assume :) I want more positivity in general about things, look at Mendy aswell, he’s a beast! Let’s have less of this Puel out crap, he’s the man for the job and he’s got the boys feeling confident and playing good football.

This lad is mustard - I’ve always said it. He has the potential to be an outstanding footballer. Yes he’s prone to the odd mistake - who isn’t?  But he has all the attributes to be one of the better PL players. 

Always said those writing him off were being premature. 

20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He put in some performances like this past year around Jan/Feb time and then lost his place immediately after. Can't remember if it was through injury or Puel just preferred Simpson but he's got it in him to do well at right back. 

Bang on, got a hammy against Bournemouth at our gaff I think.

• Like 1

He looks very 'deliberate' when he passes the ball, which I think is what a lot of people take to be being scared of it. It's the opposite of nonchalantly stroking it around which normally you'd take as a sign of quality, but I really think it's a style thing rather than down to a lack of confidence

• Like 1

I don’t think this needs to become a thread just to bash Simpson, he did the job asked of him better than anyone ever expected, defensively he’s been one of the best in the league and that’s what we needed him for. Now it’s a new manager asking something new of the full back and Amartey seems better suited, he’s no Trippier or Walker but he’s improving and given a season in the system who knows, he might actually become really good - but don’t knock Simpson or slag him off, he did more than asked of him.

• Like 2