Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finley Parsons

Helicopter crash

35 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Wont post the link, sun exclusive

Thai embassy had a shirt layed out as mark of respect, some shitbag nicked it

image.png.5112cf5c0c1f55b843aeb4bdde6e6035.png

The sun love an exclusive dont they. 

To be honest when i seen this screenshot and the words Thai Embassy I was expecting some terrible conspiracy theory to start circulating. 

The person in the video clearly has as many morals as The Sun.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, B.Oddie (Cardiff) said:

How do you all feel about playing us on Saturday? 

I'd imagine you're all 50/50 about it, are you?

Its a strange one to call I suppose because on one hand, there's 90 minutes of football to be played, but on other hand its like you've lost a family member.

Personally, if the players are unanimous, then I'm all for it. The home game against Burnley will be pretty tough, but playing this fixture at least allows everyone to start the healing process. 

Does anyone know how long the flowers, scarves etc will be left outside the stadium?  My kids want to go on Saturday, and I wondered if it would still be there. I know the book of condolence will be there for a long time, but I wondered about the other tributes.

5 minutes ago, Qwerty said:

Does anyone know how long the flowers, scarves etc will be left outside the stadium?  My kids want to go on Saturday, and I wondered if it would still be there. I know the book of condolence will be there for a long time, but I wondered about the other tributes.

I would imagine they will remain at least until middle next week. I guess they will need to be cleared away before the Burnley game?

I'm planning to go tomorrow evening after the kids finish school

2 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

I would imagine they will remain at least until middle next week. I guess they will need to be cleared away before the Burnley game?

I'm planning to go tomorrow evening after the kids finish school

Will they definitely be cleared away for Burnley? I have a ticket for Burnley but struggling to find someone else to cover me for work that day.. if it is likely to be gone by then, I might just go this weekend instead

1 minute ago, brucey said:

Will they definitely be cleared away for Burnley? I have a ticket for Burnley but struggling to find someone else to cover me for work that day.. if it is likely to be gone by then, I might just go this weekend instead

I don't know for sure mate. I was assuming that it might need to be cleared up by then to allow access in/out the stadium but I haven't been myself yet to see the layout so I don't know if it would be possible for the tributes to still be there without hindering access?

2 hours ago, Qwerty said:

I assumed they would stay for the Burnley game as that's why the barriers are up and give room for people to enter the turnstiles?

I hope they are still there, I don't think it would feel right if we turned up for Burnley and it was all gone before we had said goodbye. It would feel a bit disrespectful, I think we should play a match whilst that shrine remains outside.

1 minute ago, MattP said:

I assumed they would stay for the Burnley game as that's why the barriers are up and give room for people to enter the turnstiles?

I hope they are still there, I don't think it would feel right if we turned up for Burnley and it was all gone before we had said goodbye. It would feel a bit disrespectful, I think we should play a match whilst that shrine remains outside.

Cheers Matt. Like I say, I hadn't been down yet, so didn't know if they'd laid it out in such a way that it could remain. Would be fantastic if it remains long enough for everyone to get down.

My missus parks at the stadium for work (on non matchdays) and had her first day back today since the weekend and she sent me some photos this morning - she seemed extremely moved by it (despite only having a passing interest in football)

12 minutes ago, brucey said:

If you see the latest pictures, it is huge now. There is no way from a safety point of view it will still be there for Burnley. 100% will be gone.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

562749183.jpg

562749087.jpg

This is from this morning. I can't see how you can get people in and out safely in the current layout. Would be a H&S nightmare, surely?

Wow that's incredible.

Unfortunately I think it will be gone before the Burnley game, but these pictures and the outpour of support will live forever in my mind. 

11 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

562749183.jpg

562749087.jpg

This is from this morning. I can't see how you can get people in and out safely in the current layout. Would be a H&S nightmare, surely?

I think that's the only turnstile that doesn't have a walkway through to it.

What the H&S implications are I don't know but I'm sure something can be worked out. People will surely show enough common sense to be able to work around this.

I doubt we'll see the late comers in great numbers either, most people will be going into the ground earlier than usual.

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

What the H&S implications are I don't know but I'm sure something can be worked out. People will surely show enough common sense to be able to work around this.

I doubt we'll see the late comers in great numbers either, most people will be going into the ground earlier than usual.

I hope so mate, guess we'll have to wait and see. 

I suppose H&S concerns would be around safely evacuating the stadium in the event of an emergency but like you say, maybe it can be worked around and sorted. 

5 minutes ago, MattP said:

God forbid a mass evacuation of the family stand, but that unfortunately could cause a mass crush. It may be there in a different format, but certainly not as it is.

I Assume it will have to be removed before the next fixture - the flowers will sadly die over the next week or so  ..... a shame that we couldn’t work a way that all of the shirts and scarves etc  could be in an area which could have a solid clear covering placed over them - a permanent tribute ......

Edited by st albans fox

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I Assume it will have to be removed before the next fixture - the flowers will sadly die over the next week or so  ..... a shame that we couldn’t work a way that all of the shirts and scarves etc  could be in an area which could have a solid clear covering placed over them - a permanent tribute ......

Would be good if they could somehow make a giant  tribute stand outside the ground 

Edited by HankMarvin

1 minute ago, Qwerty said:

I expect that ultimately they'll make a permanent shrine with the non-degradeable things (scarves etc), which will obviously be a lot smaller.  A bit like the little shrine at the liverpool stadium

This is what I'm hoping too