Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finley Parsons

Helicopter crash

On 02/11/2018 at 10:01, Houdini Logic said:

Some pictures from this morning for those who can't make it down...

R799wBA.jpg

mLsWgIg.jpg

wfbv5Zo.jpg

gaIfdZh.jpg

Iw5zoE9.jpg

IUP4eKI.jpg

Amazing photos. Feel like the time of day really captures the mood. Gutted I won't be able to get to Leicester until next weekend 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

Amazing photos. Feel like the time of day really captures the mood. Gutted I won't be able to get to Leicester until next weekend 

I hope they keep it until then, but with it blocking the exits I can’t see it, you can walk around the back, but it’s wether hs will let it stay with that many people there

"Before Saturday’s game with Burnley the vast tribute will have to be moved. The flowers will go to the stadium’s southeast corner, near the crash site, where a permanent memorial to Vichai is likely. The plan is to store the shirts and make them a feature or artwork at the redeveloped ground."

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/united-in-grief-for-man-who-created-a-miracle-hktsmjfz9

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I went to the ground yesterday around 2pm and it was beautiful. So many people there and the atmosphere was perfect. A wonderful quiet murmer whilst people viewed the memorial. I ended up leaving just after KO of the Cardiff game, one guy had his portable radio on leaning on a barrier. 

What a city. What a club 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

"Before Saturday’s game with Burnley the vast tribute will have to be moved. The flowers will go to the stadium’s southeast corner, near the crash site, where a permanent memorial to Vichai is likely. The plan is to store the shirts and make them a feature or artwork at the redeveloped ground."

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/united-in-grief-for-man-who-created-a-miracle-hktsmjfz9

anyone got the full article? It's paywall blocked

6 hours ago, SystonFox said:

I went to the ground yesterday around 2pm and it was beautiful. So many people there and the atmosphere was perfect. A wonderful quiet murmer whilst people viewed the memorial. I ended up leaving just after KO of the Cardiff game, one guy had his portable radio on leaning on a barrier. 

What a city. What a club 

I havent seen a portable radio since I smashed one up when we went 1-0 down at home to Colchester when we got relegated

Edited by Gamble92
Correction
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

I can't get this out my head at all. Prey to god that it was instant and some of the stories aren't true about them trying to get out 

The helicopter forum folks, the link to which is back up the thread, suggested the chopper came down so fast that it is very unlikely any were conscious after the impact. Not everyone on that forum is an expert (and I'm certainly not), but after the on pitch footage came out, it seemed the consensus was it was a very hard landing.

They could be wrong, of course, but I prefer to think not.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

The helicopter forum folks, the link to which is back up the thread, suggested the chopper came down so fast that it is very unlikely any were conscious after the impact. Not everyone on that forum is an expert (and I'm certainly not), but after the on pitch footage came out, it seemed the consensus was it was a very hard landing.

They could be wrong, of course, but I prefer to think not.

I know a couple of people in the emergency services who attended and I asked them this, they said the same, that from what they saw they don't think they survived, or were conscious. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Kasper looks deeply traumatised by the whole thing. Apparently he had to be restrained from going to help and was supposed to be onboard. Possibly hearsay but I hope he gets the right help. 

The helicopter was going straight to Luton airport so I suppose he could have been off to Denmark and being given a few days off with the cup game in midweek. 

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The helicopter was going straight to Luton airport so I suppose he could have been off to Denmark and being given a few days off with the cup game in midweek. 

It doesn't bear thinking about. 

The uncertainty of not knowing who was on board on the night of the crash was torture.