Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finley Parsons

Helicopter crash

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

When I went last night, I saw the three fire truck leave with the containers on the back and I assumed it was the recovery taking place. 

It was truly humbling last night - the sheer vast and array of items left behind from various clubs. It reinforces the idea that the story of Leicester City was for football as a whole. Some of the messages children have left behind are sad but at the same time lovely in a human sense. Children have a way of simplifying the message.

I was talking to my partner on the way back and saying when you become a millionaire, you have all that money. What motivates you? Well when you see the impact Vichai had I think that answers that question. His impact on the world was huge. 

I could feel a little bit that the shock is now giving away to a celebration of Vichai's life. What a bloke. 

This morning I came into my office. Six hours sleep after the drive back. In at 8.30am, 10am conference call in the meeting room and I looked out of the window onto the Birmingham sprawl of office blocks, apartments, commercial buildings. We have these huge windows what allow an open view. In the distance, I could spot something. A small Thai flag wave from an apartment window. I smiled. The impact again exhibited. 

I think this is why Top will be striving to build on Vichai's legacy. The football side of their business empire in terms of wealth generation pales in to insignificance compared to their duty free monopoly but what Vichai and Top have done for us and football as a whole is staggering. He's touched so many lives, what an unbelievable man.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

When I went last night, I saw the three fire truck leave with the containers on the back and I assumed it was the recovery taking place. 

It was truly humbling last night - the sheer vast and array of items left behind from various clubs. It reinforces the idea that the story of Leicester City was for football as a whole. Some of the messages children have left behind are sad but at the same time lovely in a human sense. Children have a way of simplifying the message.

I was talking to my partner on the way back and saying when you become a millionaire, you have all that money. What motivates you? Well when you see the impact Vichai had I think that answers that question. His impact on the world was huge. 

I could feel a little bit that the shock is now giving away to a celebration of Vichai's life. What a bloke. 

This morning I came into my office. Six hours sleep after the drive back. In at 8.30am, 10am conference call in the meeting room and I looked out of the window onto the Birmingham sprawl of office blocks, apartments, commercial buildings. We have these huge windows what allow an open view. In the distance, I could spot something. A small Thai flag wave from an apartment window. I smiled. The impact again exhibited. 

Excellent post. I completely agree with the idea that the family Vichai created is now banding together, perhaps stronger than we've ever been, to overcome such a a tragedy. Giving people a sprinkle of hope and a reason to dream is perhaps the most valuable currency there is, and for that, fans of any sport can continue to dream safe in the knowledge that there is no such thing as 'impossible'. We've been truly blessed as a city. 

4 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Which then extends into a conservation I had with my Mum last night too. Vichai has delivered happiness via football but that's just the vehicle. I look at the Champions League trips and they were essentially holidays with your best mate and your nearest family. The final night we had in Madrid post-Atleti was brilliant - there was about twenty of us in total all stood in bar chatting crap and having a laugh. Those memories and those times will be cherished throughout my life. 

My mum agreed with all and then said in turn 'it's only football but I saw my husband and two sons delirious with happiness'. She has no interest in football but she knows what Vichai has done for this city. 

Then comes the next part of it for me - I am an exile from Leicester. When I mention where I am from now, it's a conversation starter. 'I heard it's a good city too' normally follows a few sentences later. That's your impact there.  

The Champions League trips were the best of my life. 

Years of being ribbed by my mates for doing England away and they finally got the idea of why it’s such an enjoyable hobby to do.

Absolutely class times we had. 400+ picture album on Facebook of the tour and me and the lads are constantly looking at it throughout the year chuckling at the memories

??

Going to ball my eyes out again tomorrow aren’t I.

Thought I was ok again until going to sign the book of condolences last night and looking at the vast array of tributes really got to me again.

I’m sure some non football people have laughed at me when I’ve talked about the emotional impact of what has happened on me but it’s difficult to quantify to anyone the emotions I felt on the likes of Man City away, Spurs away, Palace away, Sunderland away, Everton, Sevilla and all of the other champions league matches let alone the countless times random people walked up to me in the weirdest places and asked for a photo just because I’m a Leicester fan. All made possible by him.

Went down to the stadium this evening. Very moving. Calm and quiet despite the crowds of people down there. 

Queued for 30 minutes or so to sign the book, it's really nice in there - they've done an amazing job considering the time they had to get it organised.

And I'd really like to give a big mention to the staff. The security guards, the helper in the queue who was helping to keep kids entertained, the guys manning the refreshment kiosk and the guys in the staff shop were amazing. I saw a few of them hugging each other. Must have been a really difficult week for them but they were all amazing tonight.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Went down to the stadium this evening. Very moving. Calm and quiet despite the crowds of people down there. 

Queued for 30 minutes or so to sign the book, it's really nice in there - they've done an amazing job considering the time they had to get it organised.

And I'd really like to give a big mention to the staff. The security guards, the helper in the queue who was helping to keep kids entertained, the guys manning the refreshment kiosk and the guys in the staff shop were amazing. I saw a few of them hugging each other. Must have been a really difficult week for them but they were all amazing tonight.

Sorry I missed you today mate, I had to be away by 3.30 :(

I was really impressed with how they've done the tent with the books of condolences. The shrine to Vichai is beautiful and it's good that they've got 5 or 6 books on the go to help the queue go quicker. I do wonder when Top and the family will find time to read all the comments though, there must be thousands...

Agree about the staff too. The free drinks is a nice touch and the whole set up makes it easy to move around with no problem. 

Although I'm now an exile, the whole experience reminded me of how proud I am to come from Leicester.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Sorry I missed you today mate, I had to be away by 3.30 :(

I was really impressed with how they've done the tent with the books of condolences. The shrine to Vichai is beautiful and it's good that they've got 5 or 6 books on the go to help the queue go quicker. I do wonder when Top and the family will find time to read all the comments though, there must be thousands...

Agree about the staff too. The free drinks is a nice touch and the whole set up makes it easy to move around with no problem. 

Although I'm now an exile, the whole experience reminded me of how proud I am to come from Leicester.

No worries mate - it was my round to get the free coffees in - you can pay next time!!lol

• Haha 1

Been down to KP a couple of times this week to pay respects, but in the summer booked the aviator hotel at Farnborough airfield for a bit of a getaway, 

The helicopter was 100 yards away from me at the match, now it is 100 yards away from me now at one of the hangers / workshops from the hotel. Wonder which one? 

Basically paying no attention to the missus, she's gone up and left me in the bar! 

First post enter the events and hard to know what to say. I’m not that local anymore to Leicester but was at the West Ham game as I will be for Burnley. The whole thing is devistating to the family, players, friends and fans. I stayed offline (mostly) for a few days just to try and process this after hearing the emergency services sirens after the event. So sad but a massive thank you to the boss and all we can hope is us the fans and the players put in the effort and give the support Vichai would have been proud off and wish Top the best through this impossible time , we are all behind you buddy !! COYF ? ?

• Like 1