Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha has died at the age of 60

24 minutes ago, AaronGTFC said:

Apologies this has taken the best part of a week to register and post.

I'm a Grimsby Town fan and I just wanted to say there are no words to describe the sadness and shock of what happened on Saturday night. We all like to have a moan about tactics and subs made by our manager's but this is a stark reminder that some things are more important than football. Obviously Vichai was known for what he helped make happen on the pitch but also his charitable donations off the pitch will benefit many people for years to come. I am actually at Grimsby Train station now waiting for the train and I am on the way to the King Power to lay a Grimsby Town scarf, I think it's important for opposition fans to show their solidarity at times like this and whilst we don't know each other or have contact with each other and support other teams but as football fans we are all one great big family. I won't be signing the book of condolence at the ground as I wouldn't want to take a place in the queue with me not being a Leicester fan, I have however signed the online book of condolence.

RIP Vichai

That's a really lovely gesture.

If you were to sign the book, I don't think any Leicester fan would mind - in fact I think most would be appreciative you made the effort. Personally, I've been quite overwhelmed by the comments and actions of non-Leicester fans. When these books get passed to the family and they're reading through the comments about Vichai's impact and legacy, I think seeing what he meant to the wider 'football family' could be a small source of comfort for them.

I hope you have as good a trip as you can, under the circumstances.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AaronGTFC said:

Apologies this has taken the best part of a week to register and post.

I'm a Grimsby Town fan and I just wanted to say there are no words to describe the sadness and shock of what happened on Saturday night. We all like to have a moan about tactics and subs made by our manager's but this is a stark reminder that some things are more important than football. Obviously Vichai was known for what he helped make happen on the pitch but also his charitable donations off the pitch will benefit many people for years to come. I am actually at Grimsby Train station now waiting for the train and I am on the way to the King Power to lay a Grimsby Town scarf, I think it's important for opposition fans to show their solidarity at times like this and whilst we don't know each other or have contact with each other and support other teams but as football fans we are all one great big family. I won't be signing the book of condolence at the ground as I wouldn't want to take a place in the queue with me not being a Leicester fan, I have however signed the online book of condolence.

RIP Vichai

Fair play mate. That's a wonderful gesture. And feel free to queue and sign the book - your words are just as valid and worthy as anyone else's

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, WoodyFox said:

Wow, Claudio and Top stood side by side really got me... memories of the title winning season along with everything that’s happened since Saturday. 

Claudio first visit since his departure....shame just a damn shame....

23 minutes ago, WoodyFox said:

Wow, Claudio and Top stood side by side really got me... memories of the title winning season along with everything that’s happened since Saturday. 

Jeez - the two of them together would have set me off without the desperate circumstance ....... I was doing ok over the past day or so .......

Really strange atmosphere down there today - almost like a match day with all the police, media, roads closed off, fans all in their colours. Beautiful in many ways.

Found it hard to keep it together after swapping stories with fans who have been following the club way before I was born. Signed the book of condolence too.

Genuinely stunned by the support for Vichai and the club from both our fans and those around the world. Very emotional, it brings a smile to your face and a tear to the eye. 

Puel's statement for Vichai

Claude Puel began today’s press conference.

“This has been without doubt one of the hardest weeks in this football club, the tragic loss of five lives has left us numb, with sadness and shock.

“Our love is with Vichai’s family and the other families who have lost loved ones.

“Vichai made Leicester what is is. He made it a family, he invested in the club, invested in the city, invested in the people. He truly was loved inside and outside the club.

“Personally it was privilege to work for him, the belief he showed in me and the great moments we shared.

“Seeing all of the messages, shirts, flowers, shows the amount of lives he touched. He leaves behind a legacy that will be remembered and a vision that the club and myself as manager will take forward.

“I have never been prouder to be manager. In difficult circumstances, the togetherness shown by everyone, has shown what a special club this is.

“The football has not been at the front of our minds, but we will play to remember the man that did so much for our club.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

19 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Puel's statement for Vichai

Claude Puel began today’s press conference.

“This has been without doubt one of the hardest weeks in this football club, the tragic loss of five lives has left us numb, with sadness and shock.

“Our love is with Vichai’s family and the other families who have lost loved ones.

“Vichai made Leicester what is is. He made it a family, he invested in the club, invested in the city, invested in the people. He truly was loved inside and outside the club.

“Personally it was privilege to work for him, the belief he showed in me and the great moments we shared.

“Seeing all of the messages, shirts, flowers, shows the amount of lives he touched. He leaves behind a legacy that will be remembered and a vision that the club and myself as manager will take forward.

I have never been prouder to be manager. In difficult circumstances, the togetherness shown by everyone, has shown what a special club this is.

“The football has not been at the front of our minds, but we will play to remember the man that did so much for our club.”

That line has me in tears. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1