Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha has died at the age of 60

2 minutes ago, BrahimHemdani said:

I just signed up to pass on sincere condolences from Rangers fans.

The silence at last night's match v Kilmarnock was observed immaculately.

You can't see it in the picture but there was a Leicester City badge on the jumbo screen.

I think all football fans respect the achievements of Leicester City under Mr Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha.

A very moving moment.

Minute's Silence for Leicester Chairman, Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha at Ibrox 20181031_194630.jpg

Fantastic 

16 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

I too have said this week that I'm going to redouble my efforts to go to games and really support the team now. 

I was starting to miss a few games because of the weather or because I had a busy week or other lame excuses. 

Not any more. I'm down there and rejuvenated. I hope that we rise up from this sadness with massive support for everyone involved and it brings us closer again as a fan-base. We've felt a bit fractured recently - perhaps this will remind us of how we achieved the impossible before. 

Well said.  

I've been thinking a similiar sort of thing.   Over the last few weeks, I've been noticing more and more empty seats (which I'm sure have probably been sold).  And the collective spirit seems to have been wavering a bit.

Let's all "start again", get down to every game, cheer them on a bit louder, and get that togetherness back again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MPH said:

for anyone unable to get down to the ground.

I haven’t been down since Sunday but plan on taking some fresh flowers tonight.

Something tells me the way the fencing has been set out with the flowers,shirts,scarfs etc in large bays between the turnstiles that this will still be in place next Saturday.

I do hope so.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MPH said:

for anyone unable to get down to the ground.

this is overwhelming - I hadn't thought that this memorial place was growing so fast and so big. Everyone love Khun Vichai.

the fans and friends of Leicester City are the best fans in the whole football-world. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, WoodyFox said:

Wow, Claudio and Top stood side by side really got me... memories of the title winning season along with everything that’s happened since Saturday. 

Me too. What a wonderful gesture from Claudio. I think we all wanted  him to return to visit us, but not under these circumstances

• Like 2

Finally got down this afternoon. Not too long queue, about 20 mins, but plenty of people around. The tributes are still coming, all the way down the North (family) Stand.

Nice touch of the club to have free hot drinks on offer in the Family Stand for people who've made the effort on a cold November day.

:appl:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Finally got down this afternoon. Not too long queue, about 20 mins, but plenty of people around. The tributes are still coming, all the way down the North (family) Stand.

Nice touch of the club to have free hot drinks on offer in the Family Stand for people who've made the effort on a cold November day.

:appl:

The way the club have handled this has been phenomenal. When you think about previous complaints about issues with the shop and the ticket office, you can see that actually, when it really comes to the important stuff, they do get it right.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, AaronGTFC said:

Apologies this has taken the best part of a week to register and post.

I'm a Grimsby Town fan and I just wanted to say there are no words to describe the sadness and shock of what happened on Saturday night. We all like to have a moan about tactics and subs made by our manager's but this is a stark reminder that some things are more important than football. Obviously Vichai was known for what he helped make happen on the pitch but also his charitable donations off the pitch will benefit many people for years to come. I am actually at Grimsby Train station now waiting for the train and I am on the way to the King Power to lay a Grimsby Town scarf, I think it's important for opposition fans to show their solidarity at times like this and whilst we don't know each other or have contact with each other and support other teams but as football fans we are all one great big family. I won't be signing the book of condolence at the ground as I wouldn't want to take a place in the queue with me not being a Leicester fan, I have however signed the online book of condolence.

RIP Vichai

how did you get on mate? would be great for you to check back in and let us know about your trip? 

Gotta say, he's had some grief over the years but Stringers done a tremendous job this week.

Briefly spoke to him on Sunday as he looked physically drained.

Geoff Peters always is the professional and he's just one of us fans doing the job he loves.

Top bloke.

Again,just need to emphasise how much the tributes and messages of support has strengthened the resolve at Leicester.

Every fan from every club who makes the gesture either online or in person is just restoring our faith in humanity 

As football fans we get tarnished as uneducated idiotic louts( YES we all have some of them)

Well done to everyone the way the have conducted themselves firstly as football fans but primarily as humans.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Raj said:

Gotta say, he's had some grief over the years but Stringers done a tremendous job this week.

Briefly spoke to him on Sunday as he looked physically drained.

Geoff Peters always is the professional and he's just one of us fans doing the job he loves.

Top bloke.

Again,just need to emphasise how much the tributes and messages of support has strengthened the resolve at Leicester.

Every fan from every club who makes the gesture either online or in person is just restoring our faith in humanity 

As football fans we get tarnished as uneducated idiotic louts( YES we all have some of them)

Well done to everyone the way the have conducted themselves firstly as football fans but primarily as humans.

This week has been tough mate, and I think it will continue to be until perhaps the Burnley game brings a little bit of closure. I can't quite believe this has happened and I also can't quite believe how devastated I feel. But the people on here have been amazing, as have the warmth and friendliness from everyone I've spoken to and read online. It really is humbling.

Tomorrow I am going to pick the kids up after school and we're all heading over the stadium to pay our respects. My boys have picked out their old shirts and we're going to head over and spend some time there.

Despite the unimaginable horror and tragedy, there is a beauty in the tributes  - and that makes it all the more painful.

• Like 3

Wow. 

Oh oh my goodness..

just when i think im holding it together, I see Top’s grief and the lump in my throat is back.. And then I’m doing ok... and then I see a video of Top and Ranieri standing side by side covered in grief. And then I separate myself from my family again.. just for a few minutes ... and then I’m ok again... and then I hear that montage from @UpTheLeagueFox and Geoff bloody Peters is trying to hold it together in that last paragraph and I’m gone again!

If he was one of the worlds bad guys and was rude and disrespectful and mean to his staff... I think I’d cope a bit better... I’d still be devestated because of what he had done for the club, but it would help with the healing process.. but he was the perfect owner. He was just so nice. To everyone. So kind. So thoughtful and generous. I think that’s what’s making it so difficult.

Edited by MPH
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Bradreddon53 said:

Taken me till now to post as this has hit very hard.  As a life-long Liverpool supporter who has lived in Bradford since I was 3, I was present for the Valley Parade fire disaster, followed by Heysel just 18 days later in May 1985, and then Hillsborough in 1989, so I hoped I had seen the last of disastrous deaths connected to football.  Maybe as a result of past experiences, the second I heard about last Saturday's crash I felt an instant connection to your situation, and found your Forum.  I have been following both what has happened and your various threads on the situation ever since, being in tears a few times in the process.  In a strange way I've found it cathartic reading your threads over the last few days, and seeing that,when it matters, there are still a lot of very decent and caring people around in football. 

I am certain that Vichai's family and friends have been deeply touched by the response from both Leicester supporters and the football world in general, showing how much was thought of him, both as a Chairman and as a human being.  I wish I could get to the ground to see the tributes, which look magnificent in photos and on TV, but which I'm sure are even more touching in the flesh.  Finally, to all the people who have been saying that Vichai gave they some of the best moments of their lives, I am pretty sure that Leicester City, its supporters, and the town in general gave Vichai some of the best moments of his life as well.

Bloody dipper on this forum ???

Only joking … Liverpool fans are class … always will be . It's not just a game to them it's their life.  

• Haha 1